who expected this bluetooth case/keyboard combo to be shown at CES? I was one of them and now I feel like a sucker....

where is my new hardware RIM?

First Look: BlackBerry PlayBook Bluetooth Keyboard in BlackBerry Leather Case - the ultimate SuperTablet setup?! | CrackBerry.com
    01-12-12 01:08 AM
    that alreadh exists, check bestbuy.com and search for playbook, ul, see it there
    01-12-12 01:27 AM
    that alreadh exists, check bestbuy.com and search for playbook, ul, see it there
    No it doesnt. The OP is talking about the official Blackberry Keyboard/Case that was shown some time ago and has been speculated as being made available in February.

There are other bluetooth keyboards out there that will work with the Playbook; none are actually made by RIM.
    01-12-12 01:41 AM
    BB remote coming on OS2 for free, why would you need this? I type faster ln my bb qwerty than on my regular keyboard.
    Send Again likes this.
    01-12-12 03:32 AM
    yeah, I meant the official one from RIM. The other one that is available got mixed reviews, so Im waiting for the other one to compare.

I cannot type on a BB phone for 4-5 h a day. I need a real keyboard that fits 2 hands...

what does OP mean?
    01-12-12 11:35 AM
    what does OP mean?
    Original Poster
    01-12-12 11:37 AM
    sweet thx! But has anyone heard about the BT KB????
    01-12-12 02:43 PM
    sweet thx! But has anyone heard about the BT KB????
    I got tired of waiting for the RIM keyboard and case, so I jumped on the chance to pick up the HipStreet version when it when on sale for 50% off over Christmas. (Got it at www.staples.ca.).

So far, so good. Not 100% perfect, but worth keeping for sure.

Despite other reports of constant dropping of the bluetooth connection, my experience has been acceptable. Yes, it has occasionally dropped the connection, but I've also gone for hours of constant use with no problems.

I use it with a Logitech bluetooth mouse, and recently took it to a 3 day long business meeting where I used Docs to Go and it worked very well. I did find that sometimes the keyboard connection seemed to go to sleep, but if I moved the mouse it came back quickly without any need to re-pair, so no big deal. I am running it on the beta OS 2.0, which has updated bluetooth drivers compared to 1.0.8, so that might be making a difference.

BTW, the bluetooth mouse is awesome. 100% support for navigating the touchscreen. When you move the cursor against the edge of the screen, the pointer arrow icon changes based on the location (top/bottom/sides/corners), and a right button click emulates the bezel drag down (for menus) or the bezel flick up to minimize an app. No need to physically touch the screen to do anything!
    Last edited by asherwiin; 01-12-12 at 09:43 PM.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-12-12 03:22 PM
    I purchased the eWonder KB\Case and I enjoy it very much. Purchased it off Amazon for 39.99. No issues thus far....
    01-12-12 08:13 PM
    Since the BlackBerry Bluetooth keyboard seems to be MIA I will be buying a Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard for CAD98.88 at Walmart Canada on Friday.This combination will really be useful for those extended keyboarding sessions when writing reports and doing research. The keyboard even has my beloved ESCape key.
    01-12-12 08:39 PM
    Does anyone running Beta OS2 on the Playbook use a Bluetooth keyboard? I have Beta OS2, and find that when using my Verbatim Bluetooth keyboard, the Playbook freezes for 5-10 seconds now and then. Annoying. I'm hoping it's an artifact of OS2 that will go away when the fully-baked OS2 arrives...
    01-12-12 08:42 PM
    Does anyone running Beta OS2 on the Playbook use a Bluetooth keyboard? I have Beta OS2, and find that when using my Verbatim Bluetooth keyboard, the Playbook freezes for 5-10 seconds now and then. Annoying. I'm hoping it's an artifact of OS2 that will go away when the fully-baked OS2 arrives...
    yes, see my post above!!
    01-12-12 09:45 PM
    I paired a spare Lenovo KB to my PB with no problems. It even wanted to pair with my 2 Rokus but Roku would not let it happen.
    01-14-12 03:53 PM
    I got tired of waiting for news about the OEM and with nothing being presented at CES I ended up ordering the ZexxFlex keyboard that was presented on Crackberry the other day. I'm hoping that it works well.
    01-14-12 05:00 PM
    Does an absence of information at CES mean the bt keyboard is likely not coming? wish someone asked about it. i just dont want to buy a keyboard and end up with an inferior device if the RIM one ever comes in feb.
    RBergmann1 likes this.
    01-14-12 07:10 PM
    i doubt rim will venture to be making any new hardware for the playbook based on the results of current playbook hardware. consider the price many paid for their playbook many getting it below the cost of the hardware itself. i though did pay full price and love the pb and would love to see some new hardware accessories but realistically i cannot see rim clvalidating the cost. i hope im proved wrong.

edit: i have been proved wrong
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...d-case-688022/
    Last edited by Guyzer; 03-10-12 at 06:00 AM.
    Fuzzballz likes this.
    01-15-12 04:25 AM
    Any word on the official keyboard/case combo now that OS 2.0 has been released?
    02-24-12 02:05 PM
    Head on over to The Source (online) they are now taking pre-orders for the BB PB Bluetooth Keyboard and case. The pre-order special price is $99.99, after April 11 2012 the price will be $119.99 (Cdn funds).

www.thesource.ca
    Last edited by Wireless Gadget; 03-09-12 at 09:08 PM. Reason: forgot to mention online pre-orders only
    03-09-12 09:06 PM
    03-10-12 04:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD