So I am having more issues with my PB.
    My last post http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-loose-751545/

Essentially I know my PB is about to die. First it was the backlight not coming on. Or only coming on when I put pressure on the back of it.
    Last week I did a security wipe, full reinstall to see if that would fix the back light issue, it didn't. Annoying when the apps you had downloaded for free are no longer free and thus you can't download them again. I have redownloaded about a Gb of apps, so hopefully I won't have to do that again.
    Other times when I try to wake the screen with a swipe it just goes all binary and blue. Hard to explain, the next time it happens I'll take a pic. When that happens, 4 times so far, I force restart it.

Now a new thing. 2nd time this has happened. The screen shows in a negative, whites are black, etc.

When I get paid on Tuesday I will call RIM, get the customer support then send it in under warranty, do I need proof of purchase? My dad USED to work at RIM so it was bought via the employee program, not sure there is a receipt or not.

Anyway attached are some pics of what it looks like in negative, not a bad look but annoying none the less.
    PB about to die, I just know it-img_20121103_033835.jpgPB about to die, I just know it-img_20121103_033909.jpgPB about to die, I just know it-img_20121103_104801.jpg
    11-03-12 12:59 PM
    Generally, they have not asked for receipts. They may have info on when it was first initialized???? Good luck.

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    00stryder likes this.
    11-03-12 01:29 PM
    Service centre.. Warranty.. Definitely needs it..
    In India they do ask for receipt.. But that is the importing company which does service handling here.. No idea about what RIM does in rest of world..
    11-03-12 01:35 PM
    When I had a warranty issue here in Canada they just asked for the machine's serial number. Good luck
    11-03-12 03:09 PM
    When I get paid on Tuesday I will call RIM, get the customer support then send it in under warranty, do I need proof of purchase? My dad USED to work at RIM so it was bought via the employee program, not sure there is a receipt or not.
    The receipt is on-line under the Employee Purchase Program portal but as your father is not employed by RIM at this time he cannot access it. However, the BlackBerry PlayBook has a record associated with it from the moment is was initially activated. BlackBerry PlayBook Support should be able to track down the activation date.
    11-03-12 03:16 PM
    Serial number is all they will need. Good luck I hope it works out for you. My experience with rma was wonderful. If for some reason they don't honor your warranty, the good news is PlayBook can be found at dirt cheap prices nowadays. You then will have a new device with the comfort of knowing it has a one year warranty.
    11-03-12 03:52 PM
    So sorry to hear it. If mine was doing that I'd be crying cuz I use it every day. RIM should definitely have your info from when you first activated it. Hope you get it resolved quickly.
    11-03-12 04:07 PM
    I hope you get a replacement I have never seen one in that bad of shape. But if there is an issue a new one isn't expensive.Best of luck on repairs.
    neel69 likes this.
    11-03-12 04:27 PM
    I hope you're handling your PlayBook with care...because I cannot fathom how a PlayBook could get in that bad a shape.
    11-03-12 05:38 PM
    I hope you've remembered to do a complete back-up. If you haven't now would be a good time.
    11-03-12 07:20 PM
    I hope you're handling your PlayBook with care...because I cannot fathom how a PlayBook could get in that bad a shape.
    I have no doubt that he did, as mine is having similar problems. This is not due to neglect but seems to be a defect with a few models. I need to call RIM myself before a year lapses at the end of the month.
    11-03-12 07:33 PM
    I am handling it with care. I have both the faux leather flip case and a hand sewn padded outer case.

Not one scratch. After 11 months of usage!

I am a walking emp, recently moved from vancouver to Montreal and my external hdd, my macbook pro and my bb all died within a week. Now on an Android, sucks, and use my playbook as my number 1 computer. Losing it for a couple weeks is going to suck.

I hope it goes well, may update when I get it back.
    11-04-12 01:35 AM
    That's the spirit Ishaq, blame the victim. She was probably asking for it anyway.
    Mad-elph likes this.
    11-04-12 07:58 PM
    I am handling it with care. I have both the faux leather flip case and a hand sewn padded outer case.

Not one scratch. After 11 months of usage!

I am a walking emp, recently moved from vancouver to Montreal and my external hdd, my macbook pro and my bb all died within a week. Now on an Android, sucks, and use my playbook as my number 1 computer. Losing it for a couple weeks is going to suck.

I hope it goes well, may update when I get it back.
    Sounds like a possible power issues with that many electronics dying/flaking out in a short time in a new location. You may want to look at a some high quality surge protectors, or maybe an UPS to try to make sure you have clean power.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    11-04-12 08:15 PM
    Sounds like a possible power issues with that many electronics dying/flaking out in a short time in a new location. You may want to look at a some high quality surge protectors, or maybe an UPS to try to make sure you have clean power.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    The electronic devices are probably being targeted by the Language Police because they refuse to switch to Quebecois French (Canadian French).
    11-04-12 10:59 PM
    Called into RIM tech support yesterday and went through their requisite troubleshooting by reinstalling the OS to no avail. They're sending me a box to ship it to their repair center and I'll post an update after I find out what they think is wrong with it.
    11-09-12 10:57 PM