A couple of points/queries on the PB:

1. Predictive text above the keyboard appears sporadically. When it is there it is very good. I've hunted around in the settings and cannot find anything.

2. Rapid charger stand is good but 2 errors in execution - the power lead is designed to survive a nuclear explosion? and why no USB socket to charge a phone as well?

3. Old notifications keep popping up in top left hand corner. Again doesn't seem to be a way to permanently cancel?

4. Bridge from my Curve is great.
    05-01-13 09:06 AM
    Predictive text does not work in all apps. Not sure what determines that asepct.

The rapid charger idea is a neat one - the extra charging socket!

The OLD notifications might be from some android app that you installed? Failed download, etc?

Possible Solutions:

--------------
    This happens occasionally. Not sure why, but it does. To fix it, go into Messages on your PlayBook (while bridged) and see if any of the messages that show in the left hand pane still show a closed envelope (indicating that the message has not been opened). If none are closed, touch the Message Read/Unread icon (looks like an envelope; it's located just to the right of the red flag icon). This will mark the top message Unread. Then touch it again to mark the message Read. That should clear out the notification on the PlayBook.

"I fixed my notifications by installing ghost commander from app world, then in the left pane chose apps, then found the downloads app, then chose "shortcuts" tapped the shortcut that appeared, launching the downloads app. From there I deleted the failed downloads and the notifications have stopped now. No need to uninstall any apps, unless they keep retrying the downloads even after deleting them manually.

Is it a download notification you are getting or some other app notification? The only ones I've had that have persisted are failed download ones, which I can fix using the method I described. Try launching the Android "Settings" app via Ghost Commander and see if you can find the app through the "Manage Applications" option there, to make sure it is definitely gone.

A slightly easier method: Get "Quick App Manager" from the App World, run it and it should show icons for all Android apps. Tap "Downloads" (icon is a green square with a white downward arrow) and then "Open". From there delete the failed downloads.

Luckily, there's a fairly simple solution: Go to App World and download "Quick App Manager". Open this app, and it will show you all the Android apps installed on your PB, including a system app called "Downloads". Tap the "Downloads" app icon and choose to load the app, and you should find a list of files, probably just the two PDFs you mentioned. Tick the boxes beside them and delete them (can't remember if the option appears automatically when you tick the boxes or if you have to swipe down from the top bezel after ticking the boxes). That should fix your problem. Afterwards, you can delete Quick App Manager if you want.

-------------

Yes, the original Bridge which has been crippled with bb10, z10, q10, was wonderful.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    05-01-13 09:31 AM
    F2 hath speaketh...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-13 11:07 AM
    Also just a mention.

Developers can turn off predictive text too.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 11:13 AM
    F2 hath speaketh...
    Well, just taking what others have posted over the last 2 years and paste it back as appropriate.

I just have a huge Notepad file with snippets added as I capture them. No attribution, so no credit to the original posters.
    KermEd likes this.
    05-01-13 12:10 PM
    You do a great service F2.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-13 01:11 PM
    You do a great service F2.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Even if he did put funny glass shingles on his house just so he had an excuse to make a time lapse movie with his new camera app
    FF22 likes this.
    05-01-13 01:16 PM
    I
    +1

Even if he did put funny glass shingles on his house just so he had an excuse to make a time lapse movie with his new camera app
    I forget who inspired me but it was the timelapse of the train station waiting room. It was only then that I thought about using it for the solar installation. And just in time - we should be 10-20F above normal with sunshine the next week! Here's today, so far:
    Attached Thumbnails PB 64 Points/Queries-solar.jpg  
    05-01-13 02:54 PM
    I

I forget who inspired me but it was the timelapse of the train station waiting room. It was only then that I thought about using it for the solar installation. And just in time - we should be 10-20F above normal with sunshine the next week! Here's today, so far:
    nice ambassador tag ya got there,,, only 18k posts & i'll have 1 too...
    FF22 likes this.
    05-02-13 10:23 AM
    I'm holding out of the GRAND POOBAH title.
    05-06-13 04:34 PM