Be patient? I'm tired of being patient, I've been patient since the original launch.

Instead of always being patient wouldn't it be a novel experience to just have everything work and all the features available, enjoying timely updates and additions at reasonable intervals?

Be patient. That ought to be Playbook's marketing tag.
    02-29-12 04:58 PM
    Very confusing post..... The Playbook is very usable... Having 3 tablets .. a PB an Ipad and an HP Touch Pad I can tell you the Playbook is more than usuable..... my oppinion rememmber.... Stating a subjective statement does not make it a fact.....

You state the obvious at the beginning of your post RIM only cares about "getting more PB sales".... and this makes them different from Apple how.... If you think Apple give a tinkers damn about customers who have bought their product think again... This was the company that told users they were "holding their phones the wrong way" when Apple knew all along it had attenna problems......

You make a very broad assumption that "everyone" wants Skype and Netflix and Kindle..... Yes if a consumer just judges a device by that standard they deserve to buy a Kindle Fire......

As for RIM making potential customers happy..... with the prevailing additude by many in the tech media and spme on this forum..... It will never happen... I can tell you right now.... if Skype Netflix and Kindle reader were all released next week we would still hear the old corus.... Yah but it did not have it to begin with and what about these apps __________ ( fill in the blanks ) doesn't have them... Let us not forget they only have 10,000 apps currently.... As if anyone can use more than 100 at a time.....

How long does it take to go through Apple's 450,000 apps to see how much better they actually are compared to the playbook.... Tick... tick... tick.... are you done yet.....

I know I am tired of all this negativity... Again.... how about enjoying your PB and if you can't that shiney new IPad is out next months.... Some useres will fit in well with the Apple Fanboys on the Apple forums....
    I was just going to "Like" your post but decided to comment on it.

Not only are you right about if Skype and/or Netflix were added people would complain that it should have beeen included...but isn't the reason why the iPad needs so many apps is because a lot are there to replace something that the PB can do already via the browser?

Also, the iPad lovers of the world can get ready to go out and pay more money because the iPad 3 is coming out soon.

I'm sure glad I didn't have to go out and pay more money when the Playbook 2 came out. I'll have to think about paying more money when the Playbook 3 comes out...oh wait...maybe I'll just get that free via AN OS UPDATE ! ! !

That's what I love most about the PB, the fact that improvements will take place via an update rather that having to go out and buy the next generation.
    jamestheartist and alan510 like this.
    02-29-12 05:39 PM

Not only are you right about if Skype and/or Netflix were added people would complain that it should have beeen included...but isn't the reason why the iPad needs so many apps is because a lot are there to replace something that the PB can do already via the browser?

Also, the iPad lovers of the world can get ready to go out and pay more money because the iPad 3 is coming out soon.

I'm sure glad I didn't have to go out and pay more money when the Playbook 2 came out. I'll have to think about paying more money when the Playbook 3 comes out...oh wait...maybe I'll just get that free via AN OS UPDATE ! ! !

That's what I love most about the PB, the fact that improvements will take place via an update rather that having to go out and buy the next generation.
    Actually the original iPad got iOS 5. And they will be dirt cheap once the iPad 3 comes out. If Apple ever release a 7 inch iPad, RIM really will be screwed. They have enough competition from the Kindle Fire and the new Galaxy Tab 7.7 as it is.

Their phones are their last hope. And no one will tolerate phones without a large app base.
    02-29-12 06:09 PM

This morning I was at the bank, and the branch manager walking past stopped, stared my direction, walked towards, and asked me if that is "the tablet from BB" and then asked to hold it, I very much obliged.

I never got this much attention with the iPad2.
    Yeah I get asked about mine all the time. It's funny but I don't see many tablets in use and they have all been iPads so far.

The one consistent comment I get is that people like the size of the BB better than the iPads. Mind you this is only from those who don't have a tablet...presumably iPad owners are justna little biased..as I am
    02-29-12 06:13 PM
    It makes so little sense to ask people for patience after one year of patience. Especially in the IT business, where one year is one century.
    02-29-12 06:19 PM

Obviously you haven't had compelling "app" experience on any tablet. Browser does the job, of course, that includes iPads, except Flash, of course. The app experience is quite different as most web sites are not designed for touch screen tablets.

You're talking about price only because RIM lowered price of PB. PB's MSRP is still on par with iPads, there's no more or less money to be had when choosing either device based on what each Manufacturers wanted for their products originally.

Most of Apple devices get new features via new OS update as well.

Why is every thread turning into "iCrap" this or that? Can you just stick to the discussion of PB?

On the topic, patience is not something consumers will put up with. Only loyal BB fans will have that, and a lot of us have been patient already.

That said, I'm happy with the PB as is with OS 2.0 update. For the price, it does what I wanted it to do, just wish it could do a little more but that's just a wish. I will not expect those missing feature to be there in the near future, but if it does happen it will just be a nice surprise.
    02-29-12 06:20 PM
    The thing with patience is that there has to be something worthy of being patient for and secondly, how long does one think RIM is going to continue to support the 1st gen PB... It took almost a year to get were we are and in my opinion there is a long way to go yet, bigger and better things are supposedly on the horizon for RIM and I doubt it includes the PB1.
    Last edited by slivy58; 02-29-12 at 09:59 PM.
    02-29-12 09:44 PM
    Yeah I get asked about mine all the time. It's funny but I don't see many tablets in use and they have all been iPads so far.

The one consistent comment I get is that people like the size of the BB better than the iPads. Mind you this is only from those who don't have a tablet...presumably iPad owners are justna little biased..as I am
    I agree, its like a Jag a Bimmer and a Benz I suppose.

There are less Jags around, and when they come, ppl will stop and stare, but buying is another thing...

Bimmers and Benzes are too common, and there's a reason why they sell well.

Regardless, I like the attention and the positive comments, and the fact that there is always a shocked face when I say the price, because the form factor (size) is amazine.
    02-29-12 11:30 PM
    I wish I could have some of whatever the threadstarter is smoking but I have an upcoming annual physical for my job. Fool me 1.0. shame on you, fool me 2.0 shame on me.
    02-29-12 11:59 PM
    Playbook 2.0 is a fantastic tablet! .. and it will only continue to expand and get more awesome this year! .. new features, improvements and many more apps are on the way! ..... OTA!! ...
    ........and eventually it will work as well as just about every other tablet does already - now! And no I'm not a troll. Just someone who needs a tablet to do stuff without having to wrestle it.
    03-01-12 12:30 AM

There is no BlackBerry Playbook 2, it's OS 2.0. It's not a hardware upgrade, it's only software. iOS users get their OS upgrades for free too.
    03-01-12 07:04 AM

Of course the iOS update to v5 was available free for all iPads (just like PB OS 2.0 cam out for existing PBs). iPad3 is a hardware release an will bring hardware changes like a 2,048x1,536 resolution screen...no manufacturer can do this via software!
    At least if you are going to try and bash other systems then try and come up with something true.
    03-01-12 07:22 AM
    I totally agreed with this post . . . about 9 months ago.

OS 2.0 is a really impressive upgrade, but come on, how long are we going to go on about the 'potential' of this device before RIM delivers?

I'm honestly pretty frustrated. My best friend bought a 32g PlayBook the other day, for a third of what I paid for mine. What do I have to show for the extra $400 I dropped on it? Frustration? Anticipation? 10 months of 'potential?' I honestly think RIM should throw the early adopters a bone, a couple of free Apps, or a case or something for people that bought in the first 2 or 3 months, they know who we are. Heck, there are so few of us it couldn't cost them much anyway. :P
    03-01-12 11:12 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD