Just got a 32gb playbook the other day and I can't stop playing it. More on that in a moment but some how my playbook got warped when I played it for too long and it got hot. It not much about a mill or two out of line I'm quite worried at the moment, is that normal at all ?? Tks in advance
    02-12-13 05:33 AM
    do you mean a slight bulge in the middle of the back? That has happened to some people, some people have put it face down with a weight on it while its warm to get rid of the bulge but its not really a big deal.
    02-12-13 05:46 AM
    Are you talking about a bump at the back? That's normal as it's not completely flat. Mine is the same and I don't play games on it.
    02-12-13 05:46 AM
    Are you talking about a bump at the back? That's normal as it's not completely flat. Mine is the same and I don't play games on it.
    How can you say that's normal?
    My PB has never had any bump in the back.
    I would think it would not be as easy to manufacture with an intended bump.
    I know I've read of several who have developed a bump from overheat but I'm pretty sure I would not call that normal.
    If its a big concern then I would do as djenkins6 suggested.
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    02-12-13 06:46 AM
    It's a protection for the internals like the Lenovo laptops have a curved lid. that's what I think. And mine is tiny. I'm not talking about a huge bump. Maybe I'm wrong. A picture could help.
    02-12-13 07:01 AM
    Yes, the bump where the logo is. It not much, just enough so that the playbook won't sit flat on a table top. But I was able to press it back into shape and it cools to a more or less flat profile
    Posting from my phone, hope to post pic when I got back home
    02-12-13 07:14 AM
    I wouldn't call it normal but from what I have read on these forums it seems about half the PlayBooks have them.
    Both of my PB's had the bump out of the box. I fixed mine by removing the back, heating and pressing. It hasn't come back. My wife's PB is in a case and she doesn't notice it.
    There is a thread somewhere with a poll.
    02-12-13 07:52 AM
    I wouldn't call it normal but from what I have read on these forums it seems about half the PlayBooks have them.
    Both of my PB's had the bump out of the box. I fixed mine by removing the back, heating and pressing. It hasn't come back. My wife's PB is in a case and she doesn't notice it.
    There is a thread somewhere with a poll.
    So you fix it by taking the playbook apart, heating it and press it til it stay flat ? Simple enough
    02-12-13 08:23 AM
    Mine has a slight one but I have it in a case and it's never bothered or affected me.
    02-12-13 08:28 AM
    So you fix it by taking the playbook apart, heating it and press it til it stay flat ? Simple enough
    I wouldn't take it apart. That would void your warranty. The warranty is very good, especially the 90 day. If you don't like the bulge, contact them to send it back. They will probably send you a new one since you haven't had it long.
    02-12-13 08:37 AM
    That's how I fixed it mine. The back cover can be hard to remove the first time. If you do, be careful around the buttons and ports.
    Someone else suggested heatinhg with a blow dyer then putting some heavy books on it until its cool. They created a thread with that method and a few people did it with success.
    02-12-13 08:37 AM
    I would agree with Gooseberry if you still have the one year warranty. In most cases you would have it back in 4-5 businesses days.

My wife went through 4 at staples trying to find one that layed flat
    02-12-13 08:51 AM
    I've heard some units have a bump, some don't. Personally, I think the 'bump' helps protect the rear-facing camera a bit more, and mine had a 'bump' out of the box, right where the BB logo is.
    02-12-13 11:12 AM
    A few folks have used a hair dryer to heat the back and press it down and hold till it cools. Don't overdo the heat - there's a thread about the guy who first chanced it. Never came back. I don't think you have to remove the rubber but don't recall. If you put it in a case, it generally becomes unnoticeable.
    02-12-13 11:34 AM
    It's nothing to worry about. The answer to this is actually quite straightforward, namely the lump shows that the PlayBooks' internals are expanding in order to have enough room for BB10. It just needs some extra space, that's all.
    FF22 and seamonky like this.
    02-12-13 11:45 AM
    It's nothing to worry about. The answer to this is actually quite straightforward, namely the lump shows that the PlayBooks' internals are expanding in order to have enough room for BB10. It just needs some extra space, that's all.
    Guess I'm not getting BB10 then. My PB has not ever had a hump and lies as flat as a pancake on a flat surface. Guess if you have the bump it might help in one of those tilt games or you could spin it like a top while play some psychedelic movie.
    02-12-13 11:50 AM
    Mine has always been in a case so I don't know if it has a bump. Don't think I'll bother to look.
    02-12-13 11:52 AM
    Guess I'm not getting BB10 then. My PB has not ever had a hump and lies as flat as a pancake on a flat surface. Guess if you have the bump it might help in one of those tilt games or you could spin it like a top while play some psychedelic movie.
    You'll get BB10, your pb just hasn't realized it yet. Some are late bloomers...
    02-12-13 11:57 AM
    I thought those were the ones that got knocked up by a Z10?
    02-12-13 12:23 PM
    My PlayBook's are Flat and if they had a bulge they would go back. Bulge is not normal.
    bb4life21 likes this.
    02-12-13 03:33 PM
    Great I have to wait another 10 years Oh Well that's nothing new.
    02-13-13 06:12 AM