Hi All,

So I'll get right down to it, my was Playbook Lost/Stolen from a walmart parking lot, I was emptying the groceries from the cart and may have left it in there or it was taken out without me realizing.

In the hopes that there are still some honest people out there stilll I'm putting this out there.

On Oct 30 at approx 3:30pm at the Boxgrove, Markham, Walmart 500 Copper Creek.
    Its in a black foldable case.

64 gb model Serial number: 134355208361

A few pics and movies of my kids and some movies is all thats on there. it is paired to my bb that I had in my pocket.

Reward if found and returned.
    10-30-11 04:04 PM
    I hope there's a way that RIM can track it for you. Sorry for the loss.
    10-30-11 04:07 PM
    sorry to hear this mate, hope u find it back.
    we really need PB protect as we have for BB... it will help us lock or erase all contents when these kind of unfortunate things happen....
    10-30-11 04:07 PM
    Thanks i hope it comes back too... my wife is pretty pissed off too i got it on sale but it was still a lot of money... cant even buy another one.
    10-30-11 04:23 PM
    Is there a phone number or email address we can send this info to rim? id like to report it and see if someone tries to update it or something.
    10-30-11 04:24 PM
    Good luck.
    10-30-11 05:25 PM
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your PlayBook.
    Sorry to say, I highly doubt that RIM would do anything as people lose tablets and phones every day.
    Hopefully it gets returned.
    10-30-11 05:58 PM
    Anyone know how to remove the PB from appworld???
    10-30-11 06:16 PM
    I think you need to input your pwd to make purchases every time.
    10-30-11 06:36 PM
    Hoping you have your PB on password lock, it should force anyone that decides to keep your PB into wiping it; after a preset number of failed attempts.
    At least you won't have to worry about preying eyes on your personal files.
    I hear many people wanting BB protect, but having your device on password lock works just as fine (unless your pass is 1234, 4321 or 0000 to list a few samples.
    10-30-11 07:03 PM
    Do you know someone else with a PB? maybe someone could invite the thief to a videochat and get a screen capture/make arrangements to return it to you...

Just a thought...
    B.
    10-30-11 10:01 PM
    Shame
    Sorry. Bout that
    Hope u get it back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-11 10:39 PM
    Lookout Mobile for PB would be awfully nice in this situation.

Man do I feel sorry for the OP. My wife was just looking for hers, but she realized she left it at work in her locked office.
    10-30-11 11:01 PM
    Thanks all... still no luck... already looking for a replacement.
    10-31-11 10:44 AM
    Do you have a pin? Can we all try and friend this person and just starting barraging with messages with the reward reminder and promises to never ever stop messaging until it gets returned?
    10-31-11 10:56 AM
    I feel your pain. I had my stolen from my house in Belize while I was there for a quick visit. When I got back to Toronto, I contacted RIM, they opened a case for it, but that's about all they could do. I asked if they could blacklist the pin, I got a negative answer on that one. I did have it pw locked so RIM said it would wipe it's self after 5 tries. It was most likely the only Playbook in the whole country.

At least they were on sale when I got back and got a new one, sure would love to have something like Blackberry Protect for the Playbook, or something that would email a GPS location....maybe in the future, once it gets native mail.
    10-31-11 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD