Hi all - using a url to access work email and it connects fine - when I select anything I get a userid/password popup. Dont get this at all once logged in for the first time on PC/laptop.

why is this please?

Want to use this way of accessing email from time to time as Lync is integrated into OWA - which is very handy.

url is of the format - https://mailgate.comapny specific info/owa

ta
    06-11-12 03:51 AM
    It's probably blocked by your company.
    Our OWA is blocked unless it is accessed by a browser.
    blockbuy likes this.
    06-11-12 04:45 AM
    Hi, thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by blocked. I can access the site and logon - and after each time I click something I get the logon screen again - and after typing in my uid/pw I get to where I need to get. Just this happens every time I click.

What should I ask IT to look at please?
    ta
    06-12-12 03:58 AM
    So you are accessing with the browser?
    I thought you were trying to connect using the Email app.
    06-12-12 04:41 AM
    I have the same issue with my company. I can use the browser on my pc without issue. Using the browser on the PB causing the same issue the OP mentioned. Any time you click on an email/folder/anything I have to enter my I'd, and password again. This gets frustrating after clicking on 5 or 6 emails.

OP maybe we work for the same company
    06-12-12 07:54 AM
    I have the same issue with my company. I can use the browser on my pc without issue. Using the browser on the PB causing the same issue the OP mentioned. Any time you click on an email/folder/anything I have to enter my I'd, and password again. This gets frustrating after clicking on 5 or 6 emails.

OP maybe we work for the same company
    lol, doubt it - I'm the only one here with a PB - unless your a closet owner :-)

I'll see what IT can find out for me and post back.
    06-12-12 08:16 AM
    Missing Certificate is one thing

Also you'll find the top bar is missing as compared to going via pc/laptop
    06-12-12 10:43 AM
    I use OWA for my work email, and am able to access it on the PB without difficulty. Hopefully you can troubleshoot the problem with IT help.
    06-12-12 08:47 PM
    Have you tried an alternative browser like Secure Browser or Simple Browser? You can change the user agent on these apps, so might be ble to convince the site you're on a pc...
    06-13-12 12:46 AM
    is that via the browser?
    06-13-12 04:35 AM
    Not ideal, but works ok from Dolphin browser you can get from app world. Lync integration doesnt show though - it does from explorer and firefox.
    (it's not installed per machine, it's there when I logon from any pc/laptop)

ah well - in a few years time it may be available and with lync integration - and then Lync would have been replaced by some other MS product. ;-)
    06-13-12 07:51 AM
    Make sure cookies are enabled. Also, if your version of OWA supports it, choose the "lite" login option.
    06-13-12 08:46 AM
    Make sure cookies are enabled. Also, if your version of OWA supports it, choose the "lite" login option.

yeah, all enabled including popups.

it's the browser - works ok with the Dolphon browser- except I cant see the Lync contacts in the left side bar so therefore cant us it to chat with colleagues.
    06-14-12 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD