Super stoked for the update, but when i go to configure my exchange acct through the native msg's app, i dont get nearly the same options as when i configure on my torch. The set up on my torch(and yes, comparing apples to oranges) allows me to put in my owa url, username, email address, etc, while the playbook is set up through active sync, and it states the server is not responding. Anyone tinker around with this yet?
    02-21-12 07:48 AM
    Super stoked for the update, but when i go to configure my exchange acct through the native msg's app, i dont get nearly the same options as when i configure on my torch. The set up on my torch(and yes, comparing apples to oranges) allows me to put in my owa url, username, email address, etc, while the playbook is set up through active sync, and it states the server is not responding. Anyone tinker around with this yet?
    You must have ActiveSync setup on your Exchange server.

A.
    02-21-12 07:48 AM
    I've tried and failed

Strange thing is that it all works on my iPad but no idea how to get it working on OS2.0
    02-21-12 07:49 AM
    You must have ActiveSync setup on your Exchange server.

A.
    My seem a dumb question, but if I can sync my iPad, does that mean my works server supports activesync?
    02-21-12 07:50 AM
    Would assume so, dont know why blackberry would change to active sync, as all their phones are on owa direct setup, kind of annoying. Was really looking forward to this upgrade, now not so much!
    02-21-12 07:52 AM
    My seem a dumb question, but if I can sync my iPad, does that mean my works server supports activesync?
    Go into advanced setup and use the same configuration as your iPad. It should work fine.
    mad.dog99 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:55 AM
    I tried to use the same set up as my torch and no luck
    02-21-12 07:56 AM
    I've tried and failed

Strange thing is that it all works on my iPad but no idea how to get it working on OS2.0
    I used the same settings on my iphone and everything connected fine
    mad.dog99 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:57 AM
    Do you have a trusted cert or self-assigned?

How did have you setup your Exchange email?

I using Exchange 2010 SP1 (SBS 2011), at work we use Exchange 2010 Enterprise. Both are setup with trusted certs, I have had no issues connecting to both mailboxes.

A.
    02-21-12 07:58 AM
    Cheers for the replies people

I'm on site and my iPad is at home - two hours away

Will copy them out when I get back and see how i get on!
    02-21-12 07:59 AM
    I used the same settings on my iphone and everything connected fine
    Sorry I am not Mac, I am Windows.

You need to go to Advanced settings:

add a description.
    add the domain; no .local or .com, this will be netbios name
    username
    email address
    password
    server address (outside server address like remote.company.com)
    use SSL
    use Push
    Message time sync 7days
    melander likes this.
    02-21-12 08:01 AM
    Go into advanced setup and use the same configuration as your iPad. It should work fine.
    +1 This is what I did. Worked like a charm!
    02-21-12 08:06 AM
    To parrot smoothrunnings, mine would not connect until I added my domain and made note that username would be the uid minus AD domain and minus @domain
    02-21-12 08:08 AM
    I did all settings as above im getting error:
    an unexpected problem occured [email protected] some features may not be working correctly.com
    then i have only back boutton to chose... it is happening with two diffrent exchange acounts. Bouth of that accounts are working on Iphones.
    02-21-12 08:31 AM
    I am having the same problem - copied the setting details I have on the iPhone which works fine on works ActiveSync but everytime I try and set up the active sync account on the PB I get the error message:
    "The server X for account (X) is not responding. The server name in your account settings might be incorrect, or the server might be temporarily offline. Check your settings to make sure the server name is correct and try again."

The server is up and find as my mails are coming through on my iPhone...?
    At the same time, my mate at another company claims to have connected just fine..??!?
    02-21-12 08:59 AM
    Same with me, all settings are identical to my torch, and my company doesnt support active sync(It hates all my questions lol - I'm the only techie one in the company). Dont understand why they wouldnt make it easier as i beleive most blackberry users use OWA for email access.
    02-21-12 09:05 AM
    Sorry I am not Mac, I am Windows.

You need to go to Advanced settings:

add a description.
    add the domain; no .local or .com, this will be netbios name
    username
    email address
    password
    server address (outside server address like remote.company.com)
    use SSL
    use Push
    Message time sync 7days
    Where can you find the server address?
    02-21-12 09:13 AM
    OWA setup worked first time for me.

I left domain blank

username: urwntr
    email: [email protected]
    server: owa.domain.com

ssl enabled

works a treat
    02-21-12 09:31 AM
    I used advanced setting and entered my company's domain address "mycompanysdomain.com"
    and then I entered my exchange "username" and "[email protected]" and then I put the server address as "webmail.companys.com"
    everything sync's up and I get mail instantly. My phone still uses webmail but it doesn't sync to contacts and calender and email are delayed about 5 to 15 minutes. Native mail stays synced up and come to the PB the same time the come to my destop Outlook mail.
    02-21-12 09:32 AM
    Where can you find the server address?
    you will have to ask your web admin team for this. Mine is the same as my web outlook URL.
    Also, you usually need to be added to the corperate activesync list to be allowed to connect using SSL and quite often need a password on the device to be allowed it to be set up.
    Last edited by _MFitzy; 02-21-12 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Adding Information
    02-21-12 09:36 AM
    I used advanced setting and entered my company's domain address "mycompanysdomain.com"
    and then I entered my exchange "username" and "[email protected]" and then I put the server address as "webmail.companys.com"
    everything sync's up and I get mail instantly. My phone still uses webmail but it doesn't sync to contacts and calender and email are delayed about 5 to 15 minutes. Native mail stays synced up and come to the PB the same time the come to my destop Outlook mail.
    The entry fields I have are as follows:
    Description
    Domain
    User name
    Email Address
    Password
    Server Address
    Use SSL
    Use Push
    Sync Interval

So where did you put the domain address "mycompanysdomain.com"?
    Cheers,
    Fitz
    02-21-12 09:41 AM
    Here's what I try:

domain: company domain
    username: domain username
    password: domain password
    e-mail address: company e-mail address
    server address: webmail.companyname.com

click continue and it says it cannot connect. Could this be because I am trying to do this while connected to the wi-fi here in the office (i know I can't connect to the webmail.company.com site from my PC here in the office) Do I need to try connecting this while I am at home?
    02-21-12 09:41 AM
    OWA setup worked first time for me.

I left domain blank

username: urwntr
    email: [email protected]
    server: owa.domain.com

ssl enabled

works a treat
    This hasnt worked for me but we do have multiple domains on our network so I'm not surprised.
    The mixed bag of sucess connecting to activesync is confusing me even more :-S

Fitz
    02-21-12 09:44 AM
    Here's what I try:

domain: company domain
    username: domain username
    password: domain password
    e-mail address: company e-mail address
    server address: webmail.companyname.com

click continue and it says it cannot connect. Could this be because I am trying to do this while connected to the wi-fi here in the office (i know I can't connect to the webmail.company.com site from my PC here in the office) Do I need to try connecting this while I am at home?
    From what you have said it sounds like that is because the website is blocked as the app will be accessing it, so GL at home, should work, if you are not having the same prob as me and some others.

For me I am connected on the same un-restricted wifi on both my iPhone and PB entering the same settings into both and it works on the iPhone but not the PB
    02-21-12 09:47 AM
    I was trying to input the FULL Activesync/OWA URL on the 'Server' line (i.e: https://OWA.Company.Com/

Of course this was the wrong way.

I then entered OWA.COMPANY.COM and it worked just fine for me. Appears my company has BlackBerry Balance installed as well, so it has required me to set a password to "Unlock" the enterprise e-mail connection, which is really nice!
    scruffylooking likes this.
    02-21-12 09:56 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD