Hi guys;

I'm wondering if there is a way to sync my Outlook (2010) with my account at outlook.com. I'm hoping to sync contacts and calendar.

I googled, and there seems to be an outlook connector which I ran and my messages are available here at the office - but can't figure out how to get the calendar and contacts syncing.

Ideas?

My goal is to move away from Gmail if possible - that's what I'm using now with a couple utilities.
    02-04-13 09:27 AM
    I think you would be better off asking this in a Microsoft forum rather than a Blackberry one as its a Microsoft product? However, the Outlook Connector does support the calendar and contacts sync with the Outlook program.
    02-04-13 10:20 AM
    Hotmail/Outlook Connector should get that done for you.
    Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector overview - Outlook - Office.com
    02-04-13 12:49 PM
    Yes, I had that installed but contacts and calendar didn't seem to be going over.

I had to copy contacts over to a separate folder in outlook, but they are now syncing and so is the calendar!

Should be good to go for both the z-10 and playbook now.
    02-04-13 01:13 PM
    With Yahoo calendar not syncing on my playbooks or my 9700 anymore I think I will be going this route as well. What folder did you copy to?
    02-04-13 01:53 PM
    Yes, please tell us what folders you are talking about.
    02-04-13 05:43 PM
    Do it as a Exchange Activesync setup, where you enter your username/password and server name "m.hotmail.com" . That is how I have it working.
    nnomad likes this.
    02-05-13 01:02 AM
    Yep, that's what I did. In Outlook, you'll see a second contacts folder associated with your outlook.com address. I had to copy contacts into there to get them to sync. The calendars seemed to sync ok after some time though.
    nnomad likes this.
    02-05-13 07:04 AM
    someone should tell everyone else that's been complaining about not being able to sync their Outlook to their new Z10 phone to try this...
    02-08-13 12:21 PM
    How did you copy everything over? I have a new calendar in outlook now and it syncs well, but I don't know how to get my old calendar's appointments into that calendar. I also need to do that with the contacts i assume, but i can't figure out how to do that.
    Once that is done, i assume I will just use the new calendar and contacts folders as my defaults.
    05-09-13 10:58 AM
    How did you copy everything over? I have a new calendar in outlook now and it syncs well, but I don't know how to get my old calendar's appointments into that calendar. I also need to do that with the contacts i assume, but i can't figure out how to do that.
    Once that is done, i assume I will just use the new calendar and contacts folders as my defaults.
    For Calendar, try this: Get the View to show a List. Then Do <CTRL-A> to select all. Then Right-Click and choose Move, Copy to Folder...
    Choose your Outlook.com calendar.
    Contacts is a similar process, but you can select all when using the Card View.
    05-10-13 02:43 AM
    How did you get your new calendar in outlook to sync? I've set up an outlook.com account, and added it to Outlook 2013 with m.hotmail.com as the server. I added the outlook.com email to my blackberry too. I can see the new calendar in Outlook 2013, and can see the new account on my blackberry, but none of my test appointments are syncing either to/from my blackberry bold.
    11-07-13 08:18 AM
    You guys can set up your outlook.com as a EAS when you do a manual setup, type in your user name and password then for the server just type m.hotmail.com and everything should sync.
    11-07-13 08:25 AM
    You guys can set up your outlook.com as a EAS when you do a manual setup, type in your user name and password then for the server just type m.hotmail.com and everything should sync.
    Did that, but still no calendar sync. How long does it take?
    11-07-13 09:04 AM
    Yep, that's what I did. In Outlook, you'll see a second contacts folder associated with your outlook.com address. I had to copy contacts into there to get them to sync. The calendars seemed to sync ok after some time though.
    How long did it take for calendar to sync too? I've been waiting an hour or so, but no test appointments syncing either way yet...
    11-07-13 09:07 AM
    Crap - just realized this is a playbook forum...thought it was a 9900 forum...
    11-07-13 09:39 AM
    Pre 2013 outlook will have 2 separate calendars, a local and an outlook one. To copy over appointment or contacts you'll notice there's no right click copy paste context menu. You need to go to highlight the appointment edit on on the top bar and copy and paste from there. Worth noting you won't get notifications on the desktop outlook and I find some times notes you have created doesn't copy over, just the time and heading. Also I have noticed that sent mail to anyone in your outlook contacts will default to your outlook address which is a pain if you want to use your existing pop account to send.
    I believe in 2013 versions you can pick your default calendar and will get notifications at your desktop.
    Regarding people complaining, I believe it's more to do with their contacts etc being in the cloud with outlook rather than it not working. Previously people would sync over usb to outlook which is more secure using desktop manager which wasn't available on bb10 release. Link now does 2way sync over usb Afaik. I still prefer the cloud method though.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-13 02:30 PM