Hello All

I have read quite extensively since the release of OS2 and have not been able to solve my issue or get a clear answer.

Am I able to set up my work email so that it syncs with my BB Playbook? I have went to add account and entered the email address and password. I then receive a very quick message that states "Unable to find acount". From there I go to advanced settings and enter the same info with my server address to which I am greeted with the message that the server is NOT responding. I am simply copying the server address that I see in my Outlook under Account info.

Also, I am not putting in anything under domain or description as it is not mandatory.

Dont really want to use the "GMail" solution as it sort of defeats the purpose of having an Enterprise server.

Can anybody help me out on this? Also, I do have webmail that I can log into for the company as well that has the same email address, I just use my outlook much more.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    02-22-12 01:54 PM
    You might try to input the address that your browser displays after you log in to webmail and use it as your server setting.
    02-22-12 02:11 PM
    You might find this helpfull go arounf post #11. Hope it helps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-700752/
    02-22-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the idea....tried that....didnt work!
    02-22-12 02:22 PM
    I went to my company's IT knowledge base, looked up "configuring an iPad for activesync" and followed that setup. It was essentially what in referenced in "post 11" that superfly mentions. Biggest thing (I think) is knowing the server address.
    02-22-12 02:32 PM
    You might find this helpfull go arounf post #11. Hope it helps.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-2-0-a-700752/
    Post #11: Perfect instructions.

add a description.
    add the domain; no .local or .com, this will be netbios name
    username
    email address
    password
    server address (outside server address like remote.company.com)
    use SSL
    use Push
    Message time sync 7days

If this doesn't work you do not know your domain name or the server address, or Active sync is not set up properly. In that case you need to contact your IT dept. or Microsoft.
    02-22-12 02:32 PM
    I had the same problem, everything was correct in the required fields but i always got either an server unavailable message or even a invalid username/password combo. What finally got it working was the domain field. I had to get this from my IT guy as it wasn't the same as the server address or anything else, but once i added that, it works like a charm! Hope this helps!
    02-22-12 02:35 PM
    Actually followed the instructions and got to a screen that asked me to accept a server certificate. I did and from there it went right back to square one. Now the settings dont work at all.......time to call the IT guys in California.

Thanks everyone, appreciate your time!!!!
    02-22-12 03:33 PM
    Has anyone had to use a certificate as part of the authentication method? Unfortunately this does not seem to work for OWA either, nor for the native E-mail client ....
    02-22-12 04:06 PM
    In my case it didn't work because we don't use activesync. That nay be your problem.
    02-22-12 04:20 PM
    One very interesting thing...

Exchange Mail on the Playbook in the new native client actually uses the bridge, even if the bridged phone isn't attached to that account via BES.
    02-22-12 04:45 PM
    What do you mean by this?

One very interesting thing...

Exchange Mail on the Playbook in the new native client actually uses the bridge, even if the bridged phone isn't attached to that account via BES.
    02-22-12 11:38 PM
    In my case it didn't work because we don't use activesync. That nay be your problem.
    We do have OWA and EAS enabled on our infrastructure, so that is not the issue. It works perfectly when I'm in the internal Network, but not when I'm connecting through the internet because at this point additionally a certificate is required. Sad is that even the iPhones and iPads work using such a certificate, but my business class and secure tablet does not seem to support this Or did someone actually got it to work?
    02-22-12 11:47 PM
    The Exchange server needs to be set up: ActiveSync on the server needs to be enabled, firewall ports 443 & 987 need to be opened and forwarded to the mail server, and the "remote" URL likely needs to be enabled as a zone file with your company's ISP (e.g., remote.company.com).

Assuming iPad users can connect, use the same settings they use to connect to the server.
    02-23-12 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD