There's already a vid about how to sync Outlook contacts & calendar w/the PB. Does anyone know of a manual way to keep these things synced?
    My objective is to try and keep everything (9810, PB, Outlook) current.
    OH, I don't have a server. Just plain ole' Outlook.
    Air1 likes this.
    02-22-12 09:40 AM
    Nobody has anything on this? This got shoved to the 2nd page already
    02-22-12 10:38 AM
    Until RIM updates DM to sync with Outlook and the PB, the only way now is through the cloud, like Goggle Sync....
    Last edited by RetBchBoy; 02-22-12 at 10:56 AM.
    02-22-12 10:48 AM
    Until RIM updates DM to sync with Outlook and the PB, the only way now is through the cloud, like Goggle Synk....
    This is what I was looking for...thanks.
    Any idea if everything gets synced (handheld, outlook, PB) wirelessly if one of the 3 are changed?
    02-22-12 10:52 AM
    My ISP (Bell Canada) uses HOTMAIL as a mail server (both for sympatico.ca and bell.net) and I use Outlook on my desktop .. so this morning I created a local OUTLOOK contacts export file in CSV format and imported that directly into Hotmail. Since my sympatico and Bell accounts were already set up on the PB it then automatically synced up and voila ..

Once on teh PB, the contacts app is great, since it lets you link multiple common contacts (from various services) into a single contact.

I had contacts in LinkedIn, Facebook and local Outlook .. just combined them using the link, and all info from the various contact cards are combined into a single entry (the original entries are still available within the combined contact if there is ever a need to disassociate them)

(I still can't do anything about the calendar though ..)
    02-22-12 11:08 AM
    This is what I was looking for...thanks.
    Any idea if everything gets synced (handheld, outlook, PB) wirelessly if one of the 3 are changed?
    I haven't been able to make it work.
    In fact, after downloading and using google sync, I have no contacts in my BRIDGED contacts app.

I've done a hard reset of bb and pb, re-sync'd with DM, and turned off (logged out) of google sync, and still nothing.
    02-22-12 11:12 AM
    My ISP (Bell Canada) uses HOTMAIL as a mail server (both for sympatico.ca and bell.net) and I use Outlook on my desktop .. so this morning I created a local OUTLOOK contacts export file in CSV format and imported that directly into Hotmail. Since my sympatico and Bell accounts were already set up on the PB it then automatically synced up and voila ..

Once on teh PB, the contacts app is great, since it lets you link multiple common contacts (from various services) into a single contact.

I had contacts in LinkedIn, Facebook and local Outlook .. just combined them using the link, and all info from the various contact cards are combined into a single entry (the original entries are still available within the combined contact if there is ever a need to disassociate them)

(I still can't do anything about the calendar though ..)
    Importing is typicallly one-time. It's not syncing. How does this worrk for changes? ie - when you update a telehone number in Outlook, how do you reflect that new info on the Playbook?

- R.
    02-22-12 11:23 AM
    I have to agree that bridge may still be a better option currently.
    I spent a few months on android and I still think (for me) BB is my device and the PB is simply an awesome compliment to my 9810 and a great tablet in general.
    I have no doubt DM will be upgraded to sync the PB just like the BB handhelds....THEN, we'll be golden.
    02-22-12 11:24 AM
    02-22-12 11:25 AM
    Thanks man....Deff gonna look into this. My apprehension is this: I "pull teeth" to try and get the sync dialed in then RIM drops a DM sync option.
    Thanks for the post....absolutely worth a try!!!
    02-22-12 11:31 AM
    Importing is typicallly one-time. It's not syncing. How does this worrk for changes? ie - when you update a telehone number in Outlook, how do you reflect that new info on the Playbook?

- R.
    You're absolutely correct .. it's a given time import from Outlook to Hotmail or GMail or whatever mail .. BUT, when you think about it here's what we typically do anyways ..

- sync(?) from Phone to Outlook through DM (every-time not real time)or vis-versa

now we need to
    - export/upload from Outlook to (whatever)MAIL service you use
    - sync (realtime) to PB via native mail

So typically its teh same cycle, with a couple of added steps .. until DM allows syncing the PB in the same way ..
    02-22-12 11:49 AM
    I use Outlook no problem just not with my PB. I sync my phone with Outlook and my phone updates the PB. But with the OS 2.0 update I'm not sure how the info gets on my PB, but it's there!
    02-22-12 11:57 AM
    I use Outlook no problem just not with my PB. I sync my phone with Outlook and my phone updates the PB. But with the OS 2.0 update I'm not sure how the info gets on my PB, but it's there!
    It all imports upon initial set up, but is it up-dating? We're talking native contacts....not bridge contacts
    02-22-12 12:14 PM
    What I have done is to sync my BB to gmail using Google sync that one can download on the phone. I then deleted the app to make sure it would not mess up my BB which carries my mother information. I now have at least populated the native Contacts until RIM comes up with a better way of doing it. For the Calendar, it is very easy with Google sync on Outlook. Anyway, for me the native PIM will never be the master, but a just in case.
    02-22-12 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD