i keep getting blocked from playing online scrabble. It says I have to update my adobe flash. I also get this message when streaming tv and movies. How do we do this ??
    10-07-13 09:15 PM
    its looking for the Desktop version of flash. You wont be able to update it yourself as its built into the OS. if you have the latest OS BB has pushed to the PB then you are as updated as you can get
    rxdude likes this.
    10-07-13 09:45 PM
    its looking for the Desktop version of flash. You wont be able to update it yourself as its built into the OS. if you have the latest OS BB has pushed to the PB then you are as updated as you can get
    So this means means if we're blocked by not being to update adobe flash, then we can't play online group games??
    10-07-13 10:00 PM
    Be cautious too. Sometimes it's a fake popup .

No real risk on your PB but still.

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-07-13 10:00 PM
    Be cautious too. Sometimes it's a fake popup .

No real risk on your PB but still.

Posted via CB from my LE
    yes for streaming, but not for the scrabble game
    10-07-13 10:15 PM
    Have you tried a third party browser where you can set the user agent? Maybe if you list the site you are trying, someone can help you figure something out?
    10-07-13 10:26 PM
    origamibrowser it's my recomendation for you,
    10-07-13 11:09 PM
    Flash is a weird situation between desktop and mobile OSs. Adobe is not developing flash for mobile anymore. Obviously, they are still developing the desktop version as we continue to get update notices for it. BBRY and android are the only mobile OSs that support flash. BBRY has said that it will continue to support flash in BB10. So they must have licensed it somehow from Adobe to incorporate it into the OS (e.g. it can't be sideloaded). With android, the last version from Adobe must be sideloaded at your own risk as Adobe doesn't recommend doing it. I am noticing that with each android OS update, flash support is getting worse. The last OS2.X update we had for PB had some flash security updates but I don't know if the player was actually updated or if BBRY can update it within their licensing agreement. So there is really nothing we can do to update flash. You can only choose a browser that allows you to set the user agent as previously mentioned to see if that helps. Everyone thinks that flash is going to be replaced with HTML5 and become obsolete but I dunno...
    AWB70 and dshang like this.
    10-08-13 09:03 AM
    i get that popup on speedtest.net, then it goes away after a few seconds then everything proceeds a normal...
    10-08-13 06:12 PM
    On my Android Nexus (2013) I am using Penguin Browser which handles Flash in the cloud. That way Flash doesn't need to be incorporated into the device. Maybe there is a bar out there that can be sideloaded onto the Playbook?
    Flash is a weird situation between desktop and mobile OSs. Adobe is not developing flash for mobile anymore. Obviously, they are still developing the desktop version as we continue to get update notices for it. BBRY and android are the only mobile OSs that support flash. BBRY has said that it will continue to support flash in BB10. So they must have licensed it somehow from Adobe to incorporate it into the OS (e.g. it can't be sideloaded). With android, the last version from Adobe must be sideloaded at your own risk as Adobe doesn't recommend doing it. I am noticing that with each android OS update, flash support is getting worse. The last OS2.X update we had for PB had some flash security updates but I don't know if the player was actually updated or if BBRY can update it within their licensing agreement. So there is really nothing we can do to update flash. You can only choose a browser that allows you to set the user agent as previously mentioned to see if that helps. Everyone thinks that flash is going to be replaced with HTML5 and become obsolete but I dunno...
    10-09-13 07:13 AM
    On my Android Nexus (2013) I am using Penguin Browser which handles Flash in the cloud. That way Flash doesn't need to be incorporated into the device. Maybe there is a bar out there that can be sideloaded onto the Playbook?
    Yeah, I find that I have to use Puffin (haha, one of those cold weather birds!) with android 4.3, too. You might be able to sideload the free version but it wouldn't be right to sideload the paid version. Never thought about it for the PB because I generally don't have a flash problem with it. It's my device of choice for web browsing.
    10-09-13 07:47 AM
    Yes, Adobe Flash is not just out of date on our PlayBook but also on my Z10 100-STL2

I was hoping to follow a uni study, which I study online and one of my tutors do two live conference videos, in the three months of the expected time to complete a module.

In hoping my devices were truly mobile; both my Z10 100-STL2 and PlayBook, I was hoping to connect live, but this was impossible without the latest Adobe Flash and added to that, the BlackBerry Adobe application "Adobe Connect", is now redundant.

I could not even view the the videos my tutor now embeds on the online module page.
    This has more than set me back and I have to come back to that module next year March.

Someone in another thread said "my uni needs to update their systems by using the new HTML, but I do not think they understood that here in the UK. The schools, colleges and universities are dependant on funding that the government offers and the possibilities of having these elements in place, won't be happening till the distant future.

On top of this, my uni has only just implemented using video conferencing.

In the thread I mentioned, someone said that I may help with any change overs and I have been hoping they would reply after their questions put to me, but I can only hope that they are well and safe seeing I have no reply since.

Yes Adobe Flash is out of date and our browsers need updating.
    Getting one of these fixed would put our devices way ahead of any other competing companies but fixing both, BlackBerry would be untouchable.

I wait and hope.

jtvberry
    11-28-14 08:40 AM