Let me start out by saying I LOVE my otterbox. I do have one request/suggestion...

I wish they had an option to buy just a plain flat plate covered with the rubber material to cover the front of the playbook. I'm not knocking the plastic cover...it definitely does the job and the inclusion of the stand is good, but I would like to have the option of just a flat plate with the rubber coating. To me...it would make it a little more streamlined for carry (the plastic plate doesn't feel as good to carry as the rest of the rubber...plus it is a little more bulky).
    05-19-11 11:59 AM
    I've thought the same thing. Just a flat plate without the extra depth needed by the stand apparatus.

Have you contacted them. It might be a good idea.
    05-19-11 12:33 PM
    I was kind of throwing it out here to get others thoughts before calling them direct (maybe also hoping that they would see this and weigh in)...
    05-19-11 01:01 PM
    Ya. I'd buy one of those covers in a flash. Love the Otterbox but like you said it a bit bulky with the humped cover. Have it flatter and a bit wider to cover the edges that are open with the supplied one.
    05-19-11 01:42 PM
    I would get one of those too. It seems to add unnecessary bulk whereas I was enjoying the slimmed down form of the PB itself. Granted, I do expect protection, but wow...
    05-19-11 02:29 PM
    Good suggestion. It was the lid that made me chose the Casemate instead.
    05-19-11 02:40 PM
    Well...I just sent them an email with a link to this thread. Maybe if we can get enough responses here, they will consider making one.
    05-19-11 02:54 PM
    I love my Otterbox too, and a flatter rubber screen cover would be a fantastic idea. Another improvement they could make is on the stand....I feel like I am going to break it every time I pull on it to set it up.
    05-19-11 09:04 PM
    The below is what I received back from otterbox....

------------------

Thank you for your interest in improving our product. We are approached regularly by people who have ideas for our product line. For reasons of legality issues around patent and intellectual property, we choose not to accept ideas submissions or discussions from third party individuals. You may enter a product suggestion but we make no guaruntee that the item will be made or changed. I have included the hyperlink for the product suggestion survey below. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

OtterBox Customer Service-New Product Suggestion Survey
    05-24-11 11:50 AM
    I got "lost" in their product survey and could not complete it! Ah, finished.
    05-24-11 12:36 PM
    They have great customer service and really like to hear feed back, I talked to them about selling a defender playbook case without the crappy screen protector. I removed mine personally I don't like it, but the case provides great protection.
    05-24-11 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD