Just bought the Otterbox Defender case for my Playbook as I wanted something that would protect it and its arrived today, it does add some bulk to the PB but I think it will be worth it to stop damage.

I do have a couple of queries for other folks who have bought it, the responsiveness of the screen doesn't seem great through the membrane, this is just based v using the Playbook with the original screen protector that was on it, am I doing something wrong?

Also does anyone know if the rapid charger will fit into the Playbook if I have it in the Otterbox stand?
    10-26-11 04:41 AM
    The screen is not as responsive. You need a slightly firmer touch than before but you quickly adjust. I found it was worth the cost the first weekend I had it when I babysat two kids with a combined age of 4 and a half (not to mention their daddy).
    10-26-11 05:28 AM
    Thanks mate, it seems to have settled down a little, should I apply a screen protector separately to the Playbook screen itself before I put it into the Otterbox? Just wondering if theres a risk of marking?
    10-26-11 05:37 AM
    ...I've found that the charger will work when you turn the tray round so that the PB is sitting at the 'typing' angle. Just got mine yesterday & do think it's a bit more difficult using the new screen protector, particularly when swiping web pages, but the added protection is worth the (slight) compromise
    10-26-11 05:47 AM
    i have had to issues with screen response and would only use the one provided with the Defender case. If you get a micro HDMI cable, it works wonders with the kids watching movies or playing games as well as allowing you to use the rapid charger without the stand.
    10-26-11 06:10 AM
    I've forgotten that I can simply turn the tablet "upside down" to use any charger, cable, etc.

Its really nice in the case actually!
    10-26-11 06:17 AM
    Use the OEM rapid charger for the PB. I have noticed screen pixel issue using my OEM phone charger. It is very minor and I have only noticed it on this site when I launch this app. Maybe a coincidence but better safe than sorry.
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-26-11 06:24 AM
    I don't mind the slight adjustment to responsiveness, but I've seen threads where people have cut the Otterbox screen out and just used a screen protector. After spilling a drink on my Playbook and then quickly wiping it off.....thank God for my Otterbox! I'll be leaving mine intact. A $500 investment is worth it!
    10-26-11 06:40 AM
    I don't mind the slight adjustment to responsiveness, but I've seen threads where people have cut the Otterbox screen out and just used a screen protector. After spilling a drink on my Playbook and then quickly wiping it off.....thank God for my Otterbox! I'll be leaving mine intact. A $500 investment is worth it!
    Otterboxes aren't water proof, the quick wiping saved it. Removing the built in screen protector and using your own would offer nearly the same protection.
    10-26-11 07:55 AM
    Otterboxes aren't water proof, the quick wiping saved it. Removing the built in screen protector and using your own would offer nearly the same protection.
    All I know is that the coffee pooled up on the surface along the edge and never touch my Playbook itself. I have know doubt that it's not submersion proof.
    10-26-11 08:41 AM
    I've forgotten that I can simply turn the tablet "upside down" to use any charger, cable, etc.

Its really nice in the case actually!
    As long as the cable/wire exits off toward the center you can attach the rapid charger. Make sure that it makes full contact. There are times that the LIGHTNING BOLT will show but the pb is NOT charging. A lower springloaded pin is generally the cause of this. Look to see if all 3 pins are of equal height.
    10-26-11 03:13 PM
    Just bought the Otterbox Defender case for my Playbook as I wanted something that would protect it and its arrived today, it does add some bulk to the PB but I think it will be worth it to stop damage.

I do have a couple of queries for other folks who have bought it, the responsiveness of the screen doesn't seem great through the membrane, this is just based v using the Playbook with the original screen protector that was on it, am I doing something wrong?

Also does anyone know if the rapid charger will fit into the Playbook if I have it in the Otterbox stand?
    Get rid of that "membrane" and just use a screen protector under the Otterbox, like many of us have done. It works out great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD