I picked up one of these off Amazon new for $20.94 shipped and I can't believe how heavy duty this is. I have used the otterbox for my phone but this is amazing. It does add quite a bit of weight but thats not an issue for me. This thing is like luggage now. Just passing the price along.The seller is KRZY Mobile and it shipped quickly .
    08-23-12 09:55 AM
    That is a damn good price! I swear by the OtterBox! It has saved my PB (and 9810) from everything. Drops, sand, grease and whatever else I have thrown at it.
    08-23-12 09:57 AM
    I just got the 9810 for a work phone, you like the otterbox for that? It didnt get good reviews due to the front piece popping off so I just picked up the pocket pouch instead. Let me know . Thanks
    08-23-12 10:03 AM
    The otterbox for 9810 is fantastic for back protection, and buttons, etc. I purchased a bit of a scuffed up white 9810, and the total coverage of the otterbox makes it look new. The front piece is my biggest gripe as it doesn't allow the slider to slide all the way closed. When it is closed and you press on the front four buttons, the screen slides just a little. I filed down the part that hooks under the slider on mine and reduced that effect. I had a cheapo case that had the best system for hooking onto the screen part. It was solide, and did not interfere at all.
    08-23-12 10:10 AM
    Yeah, the slider portion for the Otterbox for 9810 is the weakspot. Not closing all the way isn't a big deal for me. The problem I have with it is it breaks apart really easily. Due to the back piece only connecting with a ting clip on the top, it's hard to hold together. I have gone through three slider pieces already.

What I did was contact Otterbox. My intent was to see if I could purchase a few of the slider pieces by themselves. They did one even better and sent them out to me free of charge! Personally I think that is great CS!

I have tried a few cases, even the AGF with holster combo, which isnt bad, but much more bulky. I find myself always coming back to the OB. Makes the 9810 (and the PB) comfy to hold while protecting it!
    08-23-12 11:26 AM
    Mine has survived a couple drops. The shield always cause a lot of noise and attracts attention. But who cares? PlayBook's safe!
    08-23-12 03:33 PM
    I picked up one of these off Amazon new for $20.94 shipped and I can't believe how heavy duty this is. I have used the otterbox for my phone but this is amazing. It does add quite a bit of weight but thats not an issue for me. This thing is like luggage now. Just passing the price along.The seller is KRZY Mobile and it shipped quickly .
    I can't seem to find the seller in question...can you offer a link to the otterbox for that price? Thanks
    08-23-12 04:11 PM
    Otterbox = Awesome. That is all!
    08-23-12 06:37 PM
    I can't seem to find the seller in question...can you offer a link to the otterbox for that price? Thanks
    It seems to be gone now. When I went back to review my order the sellers name is WorldWide Manufacturing , but the price listed is much more now. Maybe I caught a sale. I paid $18.95plus $1.99 for shipping. It was new in the box. The paperwork I received when it arrived said KRZY Mobile, and it shipped from the Bronx.
    08-25-12 12:17 PM
    Post the link plz

I have a notebook case and i would also like to see other options.

And, hijacking this thread a bit,

How much your(plural) torchs costed? I can't find any here in Portugal :s

Sent from a old but beautiful BB 8520 or a new and shinny PB 2.0
    08-25-12 12:24 PM
    OB defender the way to go to protect your playbook I wish they would come up with something to protect against liquid intrusion I would definitely pay a premium for something like that all and all the defender is still the best product on the market for maximum protection. And for the price op states you can't beat that with a stick.
    I have the defender for my curve I have dropped off ladders scaffolding and not a scratch its as close to bulletproof as possible.
    08-25-12 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD