A while ago, I wrote a post about how the Note won me over from the PB but how my BB still beats the Note which lead me to carrying the BB9700 + Note versus my previous contraption BB 9810 + PB.

Now that OS2 has arrived and having played with it over the last couple of days, I have come to desert my Note more and more for the PB, such as:

a. at the threadmill, with bluetooth A2DP working, music and HD movies
    b. on the couch, Kindle and browsing or HD games
    c. all other locations, email (OS2 PIM is easily a match for the Note)

and of course PB multi-tasking is necessary when you run some many apps at the same time.

I would say the 3 greatest additions that won me back to the PB are: bluetooth A2DP, Kindle app and the PIM. Even the simple Words with Friends runs like a breeze.

I also used to carry the Mac Air on longer business trips but with the remote function on bridge, I can now do the same presentations with less weight. This function has wowed quite a few executives. The orb, dropbox and splashtop apps allow me to connect to my PC back home for more firepower.

So now my daily baggage would be the BB9700 + Note or BB9700 + PB, the latter if I want to impress someone. One longer trips, it would be the BB9700 + PB + Note without the Mac Air. The Air now becomes a desktop since it has been replaced by OS2. If I go on a trip longer than a week, I would probably still carry the Air instead of the PB or Note but not both.

The Note is still needed because I need skype. But that is the only reason why I am carrying it. OS2 can do most anything the Note can do now.

If the following apps are can made available, OS2 would be king:

skype or tango or the PB video chat app on a BB, some widgets, better chess game, maybe Netflix (although I dont need it). I always wonder why the PB video app cannot run on the BB.

However, with each iteration from the RIM, Android and the Apple camps, I dont know how long the above combination will last. So I would say now, OS2 has taken back territory from the Note and usurped the Air.
    02-25-12 09:50 PM
    A while ago, I wrote a post about how the Note won me over from the PB but how my BB still beats the Note which lead me to carrying the BB9700 + Note versus my previous contraption BB 9810 + PB.

Now that OS2 has arrived and having played with it over the last couple of days, I have come to desert my Note more and more for the PB, such as:

a. at the threadmill, with bluetooth A2DP working, music and HD movies
    b. on the couch, Kindle and browsing or HD games
    c. all other locations, email (OS2 PIM is easily a match for the Note)

and of course PB multi-tasking is necessary when you run some many apps at the same time.

I would say the 3 greatest additions that won me back to the PB are: bluetooth A2DP, Kindle app and the PIM. Even the simple Words with Friends runs like a breeze.

I also used to carry the Mac Air on longer business trips but with the remote function on bridge, I can now do the same presentations with less weight. This function has wowed quite a few executives. The orb, dropbox and splashtop apps allow me to connect to my PC back home for more firepower.

So now my daily baggage would be the BB9700 + Note or BB9700 + PB, the latter if I want to impress someone. One longer trips, it would be the BB9700 + PB + Note without the Mac Air. The Air now becomes a desktop since it has been replaced by OS2. If I go on a trip longer than a week, I would probably still carry the Air instead of the PB or Note but not both.

The Note is still needed because I need skype. But that is the only reason why I am carrying it. OS2 can do most anything the Note can do now.

If the following apps are can made available, OS2 would be king:

skype or tango or the PB video chat app on a BB, some widgets, better chess game, maybe Netflix (although I dont need it). I always wonder why the PB video app cannot run on the BB.

However, with each iteration from the RIM, Android and the Apple camps, I dont know how long the above combination will last. So I would say now, OS2 has taken back territory from the Note and usurped the Air.
    Are you side loading the Kindle ap?
    patpatiar likes this.
    02-25-12 11:19 PM
    Are you side loading the Kindle ap?

What do you think ?
    02-25-12 11:36 PM
    What do you think ?
    Lol... Burn
    02-26-12 12:40 AM
    I am also waiting for a good chess app.. Till then, chess.com plays reasonably well

02-26-12 03:35 AM
    What do you think ?
    Dude, you are hilarious! I can't stop laughing.

Seriously, I was wondering if something had changed.

Friendly bunch...
    02-26-12 09:31 AM
    Lol... Burn
    Geez.

What is this- the 7th Grade?
    02-26-12 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD