As a rather chuffed PB owner of 2 days I've installed OS2 mainly to get a kindle reader & email client.

Since installing OS2 the "software" power buttons don't work properly. The "standby" button throws the tablet into a restart. The only way I've found to achieve standby is to briefly press the main power button on the top edge of the tablet.

Liveable - but have others experienced the same & are RIM aware of the bug?

Aside from that - and the hunt (wait) for a decent UK sat-nav app, I'm over the moon with the performance of the Playbook. HD-DiVx on the 7" screen is stunning - as is the sound considering the PB only has two tiny little speakers.

That's praise indeed - especially considering that my desktop is an i7 quad core so I'm accustomed to things running quickly!

Rock on PB & thanks to Crackberry for the help in tweaking my PB to OS2 & getting kindle/email client.
    12-29-11 08:16 PM
    Hmm no issues with the soft power buttons on this end so far with any of the beta editions
    12-29-11 09:12 PM
    Just a question as I didnt know this: did you have your playbook plugged in when you tried to go into standby mode? It wont go into standby when plugged in is what I learned.
    12-29-11 09:34 PM
    I'm running the 1.08 official os, so my experience may be useless to you. When I plug mine into the charger it does "wake up but if you then swipe from the top right bring up the battery icon (among others) you press the battery icon and select "standby"
    12-29-11 11:01 PM
    I'm running OS2 with both Kindle and the email client installed. I have no power/standby issues or changes from the way it behaved on 1.08.

If you can live with it for a while, maybe the next OS2 update will fix the issue.
    12-30-11 03:15 AM
    Likewise, latest beta, kindle, etc etc no issues with software buttons. But that's part of the fun of using beta software ;-)

To the OP Which email client? If it's gmail would you post the bar file at all? Keep getting dud links

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk
    12-30-11 03:32 AM
    No problem here either, hit battery icon, select standby, and it works as intended. I just realized today, if your plugged in and go in standby, touch anywhere on the screen and it lights up again (don't need to swipe from bezel to bezel).
    12-30-11 04:18 AM
    Bug occurs when PB is unplugged. No big problem - I just wondered if anyone else had experienced it.
    ricker666: Sorry it's not Gmail. It was Android Email from https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...heets&hl=en_US
    12-30-11 06:33 AM
    I have the same problem with the soft standby. When I hit it the PB performs a restart.
    OS 2.0.0.6149
    12-30-11 06:47 AM
    As a rather chuffed PB owner of 2 days I've installed OS2 mainly to get a kindle reader & email client.

Since installing OS2 the "software" power buttons don't work properly. The "standby" button throws the tablet into a restart. The only way I've found to achieve standby is to briefly press the main power button on the top edge of the tablet.

The bug is known but the workaround is easy. You're using the Power Off app found under the All group on the home page. Instead, tap on the battery icon in the system tray (status bar) at top of screen and use the buttons there. They work properly.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-30-11 08:21 AM

Aside from that - and the hunt (wait) for a decent UK sat-nav app, I'm over the moon with the performance of the Playbook. HD-DiVx on the 7" screen is stunning - as is the sound considering the PB only has two tiny little speakers.

That's praise indeed - especially considering that my desktop is an i7 quad core so I'm accustomed to things running quickly!

Rock on PB & thanks to Crackberry for the help in tweaking my PB to OS2 & getting kindle/email client.
    No problem here
    01-01-12 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD