Incase anyone is interestd is seeing what OS2 looks like here are some screenshots from the delevopers Beta, RIM might change the look in the offical release.

App Tray (now has a static apps bar at the top and can create folders):

No tabs anymore but you can sort apps in to panes and folders:

The homescreen now looks a bit cleaner:

The portrait homescreen view doesn't show the app tray partially opened as before:

but once opended has the same veiws i.e. static apps at the top:

some version numbers:

AppWorld look slightly different (new background):

The browser now has a new button top right that allows you to enter a newspaer style view of the page:

The homescreen active apps are now mcuh larger and include a footer:

and thats it really. Its only a Beta so can't complain about anything but a few observations:
    Browser performance is bad (lots of checkerboarding);
    The apps closing down automatically when memory is low still happens;
    The Andriod player doesn't close the apps but keeps them open in the Android player;
    No auto correct or word suggestions;
    Android player is working really well, much better than the leak a few months back;
    Touch accuracy is much better;
    Everything else pretty muchthe same.

Still as mentioned its only a developers beta (to test apps) so i can't read anything into this, although i must say that bugs in the beta releases of the phone OSs almost always make it into the official releases!

i hope that was helpful, if anyone has any requests for shots let me know

update: the grooveshark site works in OS2!
    Last edited by Kobol; 10-22-11 at 12:38 PM. Reason: added observation
    10-22-11 05:23 AM
    Are we still able to scroll through applications vertically (top to bottom) or has that been completely removed, and we can only scroll horizontally (side to side)?
    10-22-11 06:11 AM
    And here some Videos Running OS2.

OS2 with RDP

OS2 Bridge Functionality.
    10-22-11 06:13 AM
    Are we still able to scroll through applications vertically (top to bottom) or has that been completely removed, and we can only scroll horizontally (side to side)?
    Yep, up and down as well as left and right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 06:14 AM
    Yep, up and down as well as left and right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wonderful! Thanks very much mate!
    10-22-11 06:41 AM
    hi
    can u explain a little about the android on the playbook because im wondering if i can buy for example modern combat from android. and play it on the playbook because i cant buy it from app world
    10-22-11 07:05 AM
    Most of those 3D games have some native code in them and won't work in Android Player.
    In any case, if there's a Playbook version, it's best to buy that.
    kevinchi likes this.
    10-22-11 07:28 AM
    I cant see it working, as mentioned by xsacha they use native code and the Android apps seems little slow compaired to Native and Air apps so i very much doubt the Android player could cope.
    kevinchi likes this.
    10-22-11 07:44 AM
    ohh i get the error 10000 when i try buy it from app world but thx
    10-22-11 07:49 AM
    Anything more is a bonus for me personally. Apps have been making there way ti PB App World. Whats been made available has been of better quality.

Thanks for the screenshots.
    10-22-11 11:14 AM

• In this view, I'd rather have tabs in place of the white dots and favourites bar.

I think that the favourites bar should disappear when you expand the apps panel to full screen as it likely means you are looking for something NOT on the favourites bar.

In this view it would make sense to replace the favourites bar with a row of customizable tabs instead of the white dots. It would provide faster access to panel 2, 3, 4, than swiping.

Touchable white dots could be a consideration, however without descriptions you are forced to remember which panel a particular icon is on. Tabs are descriptive and allow quick access to a specific page.

==============

• In this view, I think the tabs would speed up access to your applications. In 1.x, this view would contain the tabsl "All", "Media", "Favourties", etc... You simply tap the tab and you have what you want right in front of you, no need to swipe about.

In 2.x it appears that in order to have access to anything NOT on your favourites bar you first have to hit the little "^" then swipe through the panels until you get to the one you want. Extra input required from the user detracts from the very "fluid" interface of V1.

==============

• Here I think they should remove the "Newest, Top Free, Top Purchased, etc.." tabs, just to make the user experience more consistent /sarcasm
    Last edited by ssbtech; 10-22-11 at 01:42 PM.
    10-22-11 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD