If it truly is ready like the videos have shown us, why not release it now? I'm sure it would please everyone.
    Because it isnt ready for the general consumer.

Those videos you have seen, if you will notice, all have a rim employee holding the playbook and showing you some features. No third party blogger/podcaster has yet to be allowed to handle it and muse through it. Also, you will notice no one video shows all the new features; one video shows you a,b and c while the next shows you x, y and z. That means those individual playbooks were sporting only those full features for show- dummyware they call those OS's.

If OS 2 were just hours or days away from release, almost certainly Crackberry Kevin or another reporter/blogger will have been given the opportunity to handle it and review it unbridled.
    kennyliu and Toodeurep like this.
    01-22-12 06:28 PM
    While I would love Feb 17th (my birthday), I want to point out that Feb 20th is a public holiday in Ontario, Canada (RIM's HQ) and many other Canadian provinces. Would be interesting that they would probably need to have key support staff working on a holiday weekend but stranger things have happened
    01-22-12 08:56 PM
    what are rims?
    01-22-12 08:59 PM
    Did RIM really promise or are we just hoping?? I believe the later wishful (me too) thinking and pure speculation on our behalf..... 'Course if someone can produce an actual written promise from RIM that would be great! If not then there will be no cause for all the "They lied threads" that are sure to follow on March 1st.....

R...

We've waited this long does it really matter what day as long as RIM keeps to its promise of February.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-22-12 09:13 PM
    I dont care which day in february it comes out on....just hope it all works.
    steppinghorse likes this.
    01-22-12 09:28 PM
    7&8 of February is DEVCON Europe ...
    ...and my birthday!
    01-22-12 09:51 PM
    If it truly is ready like the videos have shown us, why not release it now? I'm sure it would please everyone.
    Because it isn't ready yet. If you watched the videos carefully, there were two fairly obvious things missing. One was a place where the keyboard didn't appear in portrait mode and the other was the lack of Facebook messages in the integrated message inbox. I'm fairly sure they are still working on Facebook messages because it wasn't in any of the demos, but it was mentioned in an interview from the CES show floor.

I'm sure there are other functions that are not complete yet.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-23-12 02:26 PM
    Because it isn't ready yet. If you watched the videos carefully, there were two fairly obvious things missing. One was a place where the keyboard didn't appear in portrait mode and the other was the lack of Facebook messages in the integrated message inbox. I'm fairly sure they are still working on Facebook messages because it wasn't in any of the demos, but it was mentioned in an interview from the CES show floor.

I'm sure there are other functions that are not complete yet.
    It's not only the keyboard. The apps (email, calendar, etc) wouldn't rotate to portrait mode.
    01-23-12 05:01 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD