BlackBerry PlayBook v2.0 screenshots show up in the forums? | CrackBerry.com
    Form this article the os2 version is 2.0.0.2992,but now it's 2.0.0.3013!
    don't know if ther is any change in this version,hope i can get more pics today

08-27-11 08:37 AM
    Making moves. BIG moves
    08-27-11 08:42 AM
    wow... even "leaked" pics of supposedly OS2 are now also being updated... I wonder what version will be released in "real world"...
    08-27-11 08:47 AM
    I want eet now XD
    08-27-11 08:48 AM
    RIMpire stricks again muwahahaha
    08-27-11 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the pic. I'm still hoping to see the Android Player in action.
    08-27-11 11:34 AM
    I'm looking forward to October. Could be a good month for the Playbook if there is any truth to the rumours.
    08-27-11 01:13 PM
    wow... even "leaked" pics of supposedly OS2 are now also being updated... I wonder what version will be released in "real world"...
    I would guess that the general public will get some build of 2.0.1. Other than 1.0.6.xxxx, RIM seems to be using odd patch level numbers for releases.
    08-27-11 01:34 PM
    Its awful nice to see so many positive rumours now. For a while the naysayers were stealing the spotlight.
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-27-11 01:34 PM
    Its awful nice to see so many positive rumours now. For a while the naysayers were stealing the spotlight.
    I agree. For as long as the pieces of 2.0 (PIM, Android) have been in the works plus now seeing them show up in leaked images, I wouldn't be surprised if we get this update before October.
    08-27-11 01:45 PM
    I agree. For as long as the pieces of 2.0 (PIM, Android) have been in the works plus now seeing them show up in leaked images, I wouldn't be surprised if we get this update before October.
    I don't know... I think they learned their lesson from when it was first released and they're making sure everything is absolutely perfect and works well. I understand and I don't blame them. But I'm sure this means that there's an awful lot of beta testing yet to be done and they're waiting for it all to be completed before releasing the update to playbook owners.
    08-27-11 02:22 PM
    Serious question ...

What are the 'un-named fruit' paid troll reviewers gonn'a talk about when all the 'gift' apps and mods we all asked for are successfully included in OS2?

To RIM's success, even the trolls could not find fault with BB9900's. Can you imagine what they will say about a great PB OS2 ... 'well, it is ONLY 7" ' ... that's it! Our reply .. most e-book readers are also 7"
    Last edited by mandony; 08-27-11 at 03:31 PM.
    08-27-11 03:26 PM
    Serious question ...

What are the 'un-named fruit' paid troll reviewers gonn'a talk about when all the 'gift' apps and mods we all asked for are successfully included in OS2?
    They will talk about how long it took.
    08-27-11 03:31 PM
    What is most ******** is the fact that those who criticize the Playbook, for many good reasons, are classified by some as "trolls" when in reality they are just expressing their dissapoitment. If expressing my disappointment makes me a troll then what category do those who blindly accept an inferior product fall into....?

I'm really looking forward to 2.0 because then I can have basic functionality I have been enjoying on my iOS & Android devices since day 1. I purchased the Paybook because I really like the size and screen to compliment my other devices. Can't wait to start actually using the thing.
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 08-27-11 at 03:39 PM.
    Rello likes this.
    08-27-11 03:37 PM
    They will talk about how long it took.
    LOL .. That's it!

Apple makes new models annually before they get it right. Throw out the old one and get the new model .. You can just get away with this tactic so long.

RIM's PB has all the hardware bones, but only needs OS tweeks.
    Revord and 4wheel like this.
    08-27-11 03:38 PM
    I just have one question about all this 2.0 business: Why is it all leaks and rumors and blog speculation and hopeful banter and wishful thinking? Why can't RIM just come out and say, "Hey, app programmers, develop with confidence; here's what's coming. Early-adopters, hang in there, here's what we have planned. Potential customers, don't bail on us yet; this is what we're working on."?

I know their promises got them bad press before, but in the words of Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario and Zelda and every other great Nintendo franchise), "People will forget if a game is late, they will never forget if a game is bad."

Work hard and work fast, but take the time to get it right, and in the meantime, communicate with your current and potential customer base, and your current and potential developers. Why does every piece of RIM information come in the form of grainy pictures with Chinese subtitles?
    08-27-11 03:40 PM
    OMG, what in the heck do you call basic functionality? I have been able to read and send mails, contact friends trought bbm, edit documents, surf the web watch a lot of amazing videos in youtube and listen to KUSC live... with joy and amusement... so what is basic functionality for god's sake? Explain me please because I am getting nuts!
    Last edited by rleo25; 08-27-11 at 04:46 PM.
    anon(767240) and mandony like this.
    08-27-11 04:43 PM
    Half of my e-mail accounts the Playbook cannot access BECAUSE they are NOT web accessible. I enjoy saving my e-mails on my device so I can look at whatever information I wish at a heartbeat including the attachments.

The playbook has no PIM and no calendar, unlike my other devices that can synchronize across platforms.

No usable GPS, no way of creating and editing Office documents efficiently. At least in comparison. Browser in general is slow and unresponsive in comparison. And I am repeating myself again and again.... Anyway, looking forward to 2.0.

Wait to you see the benchmark thread I am going to make here shortly... lol
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 08-27-11 at 04:54 PM.
    08-27-11 04:50 PM
    Gee. Maybe it's that I don't pay attention to the iBlogs but isn't the actual functionality for iDevices either a secret or exposed in leaks prior to the actual launches?
    08-27-11 04:52 PM
    Half of my e-mail accounts the Playbook cannot access BECAUSE they are NOT web accessible. I enjoy saving my e-mails on my device to I can look at whatever information I wish at a heartbeat including the attachments.

The playbook has no PIM and no calendar, unlike my other devices that can synchronize across platforms.

No usable GPS, no way of creating and editing Office documents efficiently. At least in comparison. Browser in general is slow and unresponsive in comparison. And I am repeating myself again and again.... Anyway. Looking forward to 2.0.

That's awesome! Let me know what you come up with. Unfortunately I'm not a product reviewer like you so I don't have the two devices so that I can compare. And, unfortunately, since I don't own both devices I'm at the distinct disadvantage of thinking that the performance of my Playbook is quite good. I'll be very glad to be set straight.
    08-27-11 04:58 PM
    OMG, what in the heck do you call basic functionality? I have been able to read and send mails, contact friends trought bbm, edit documents, surf the web watch a lot of amazing videos in youtube and listen to KUSC live... with joy and amusement... so what is basic functionality for god's sake? Explain me please because I am getting nuts!
    I think you need to use a competing device to understand. Its off topic so I wont go on and on. In a few words, actual work! Getting things done! Being a professional grade tablet. Spell Check / Auto Correction, Simple things you can do on a BlackBerry, looking at a image, swipe down and email it? Text control, i cant edit this post with cursa control. Whats a professional tablet if you cant print? Things that take seconds on a real BlackBerry, are made difficult on the Playbook. Looking forward to each and every update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 05:13 PM
    Gee. Maybe it's that I don't pay attention to the iBlogs but isn't the actual functionality for iDevices either a secret or exposed in leaks prior to the actual launches?
    Yeah, but there's a few key differences: People actually buy iDevices. People actually develop apps for iDevices. People that purchase iDevices know what to expect from them. The makers of iDevices are looking to build a futuristic campus to develop their product and have more money that the US government. They aren't laying people off, putting consumer confidence in the basement. Sorry, but at this point, I don't think RIM can afford to be that secretive.
    08-27-11 05:14 PM
    Half of my e-mail accounts the Playbook cannot access BECAUSE they are NOT web accessible. I enjoy saving my e-mails on my device so I can look at whatever information I wish at a heartbeat including the attachments.

No usable GPS, no way of creating and editing Office documents efficiently. At least in comparison. Browser in general is slow and unresponsive in comparison. And I am repeating myself again and again.... Anyway, looking forward to 2.0.

I think that the people who are the Playbook's biggest fans are people who have not spent time with other platforms.

I am a day one purchaser of the Playbook. I also own devices in in every other ecosystem. There are some areas where Playbook really shines: QNX OS, great build quality, great screen, best web browsing, bridge browsing, among others.

There are other areas where Playbook has not even joined the party yet or is just primitive. You mention many of those.

At this point, Playbook is largely about potential. It is not about what you can do with it now. It is about what you might be able to do with it in the future.

A big part of this is the Android Player. I am very curious to see what this is like in the 2.0 leak. If it is as slow as it was in the leak that we all used, and cannot run as many apps as the one we had, I think it is not very useable and will not be a draw for many new buyers. RIM has to get this right, IMO.

Activesync email is easy. I'm not sure why this has taken as long as it has.
    08-27-11 05:17 PM
    There are some areas where Playbook really shines: QNX OS, great build quality, great screen, best web browsing, bridge browsing, among others.
    Might I add, bridge E-Mail, and to expand what you say - 'flash', and compact size.
    08-27-11 05:29 PM
    What is most ******** is the fact that those who criticize the Playbook, for many good reasons, are classified by some as "trolls" when in reality they are just expressing their dissapoitment. If expressing my disappointment makes me a troll then what category do those who blindly accept an inferior product fall into....?

I'm really looking forward to 2.0 because then I can have basic functionality I have been enjoying on my iOS & Android devices since day 1. I purchased the Paybook because I really like the size and screen to compliment my other devices. Can't wait to start actually using the thing.
    I, as well as others, have enjoyed my Playbook since day 1.

What's your point?
    08-27-11 06:48 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD