My Playbook (64gb) has been rock solid since I received back in April. I upgraded to 2.0.0.7971 first thing this morning. Since then it�s been a nightmare. So far I�ve had to reboot it a dozen times, applications won�t start, can�t configure anything, and it freezes constantly. I can no longer swipe to wake it up (or it takes 30 seconds to do so), get the menu or keyboard. It gets better right after a reboot but only for a short period of time.

I reinstalled OS2 via Blackberry Desktop Software and it is still doing the same thing. Bridge installed yesterday w/o incident and remote control of the PB worked great!

I can�t find anything like this in any of the threads (unless I'm missing them). Any ideas? I�ve been waiting on this upgrade from day one and would appreciate any help you could offer.
    02-21-12 10:16 AM
    I would back the device up then reload it using the de-brick method.

My PB was running the latest beta until late last night. I used the de-brick method to downgrade to 1.8 and the upgrade to 2.0 went flawlessly for me this morning.

Worth a try, I figure!
    MaddogBC likes this.
    02-21-12 10:20 AM
    That's what I did when I reinstalled via Blackberry Desktop Software. I'll give it another go. Thanks.
    02-21-12 10:26 AM
    Same problem here. I have a 64gb that was rock solid no freezing or reboots ever until I installed OS2. Now it keeps rebooting. So I debricked and reinstalled OS2 and it rebooted again within 5 minutes. Very annoying. I have a 32gb PB as well and I'm not daring to update that one at this time. My Battery was 90%+ when I started the process and I have not let the battery drop below 60%. i have a clean system and the first thing i do is install battery guru and put my gmail info in. If I do another debrick I won't add anything for a full 10 hours. For now I'm doing a three button reset.
    02-21-12 10:32 AM
    Many are having trouble with OS 2. Its rendered my playbook unuseable. DM ont even acknowledge my playbook when I plug it in so I cannot wipe and reload.
    02-21-12 10:35 AM
    Just for $hit$ and grins I did a security wipe instead of the debrick (I'll try that again if this doesn't help). After going through initial setup its pulling a 348mb upgrade. If I remember the one this morning was 400+.

I'll keep you posted. I'm a Playbook island in a sea of iPads and want to show them what this puppy can do.
    dugggggg and Jeovex like this.
    02-21-12 10:39 AM
    Many are having problems? I've seen a few sure but not many. Mines running great!
    02-21-12 10:41 AM
    My first upload was 410mb.Did not see what the second was.
    02-21-12 10:42 AM
    I found that the side loaded version of apps were wreaking havok on mine, debrick back to factory and everything is smoooth.
    02-21-12 10:43 AM
    PB reported 511 mb when I did mine...
    02-21-12 10:44 AM
    Just for $hit$ and grins I did a security wipe instead of the debrick (I'll try that again if this doesn't help). After going through initial setup its pulling a 348mb upgrade. If I remember the one this morning was 400+.

I'll keep you posted. I'm a Playbook island in a sea of iPads and want to show them what this puppy can do.
    ...good luck, and may the force be with you..

As for everyone reporting different sizes, that depended on a variety of factors:
    - the version of software you had... 1.8xx, 2.xxx?
    - programs you deleted (or installed)
    - and a host of others.

when you hit the check for updates button, the PB OS was scanning for the above factors and more..

** this didnt come from an official report. I'm just guessing
    02-21-12 10:49 AM
    I directly updated my OS2 beta to the official OS2(file worth 500MB) and to my excitement without backing up, works superbly.
    Perseus71 and FSeverino like this.
    02-21-12 10:49 AM
    Did the OS 2 update this morning as well. The tablet now takes forever to power up, and wifi doesn't work. Wifi just says "finding available networks" and has been sitting in that state for about 12 minutes. I've tried powering down and re-booting several times, each reboot taking between four and six minutes before the bubble screen disappears.

Sigh, and of course I'm at work so don't have my cable to tether it to my PC to de-brick it. Anyone else having these problems?
    02-21-12 10:52 AM
    mine is running good, but i had a Blackberry ID issue that cropped up last night. I couldn't download anything without an error on PB and BB.
    I upgraded to OS2 today, went to my BB ID settings on PB and saw:
    "Your account has been locked for 800billion minutes" ARGH!!!!
    So I switched my PB clock to manual to year 2014. Waited a minute, got about 100 security certificate pop up errors (said allow to all).
    Then switch the date back to auto.
    I guess the PB thought 800billion minutes has gone by and suddenly my account was unlocked, now I can DL from appworld for both PB and BB.

I should also add that I upgraded to 2.0 from the current version of 2.0 beta and upgrade was quick and painless. The first boot probably took an extra 30 seconds longer than normal. I have a 64gb.
    Last edited by Oatz; 02-21-12 at 01:18 PM.
    02-21-12 10:53 AM
    Mine is running like crap as well. I was running 1.8 on my 64GB playbook and did the update this morning to 2.0 right when I woke up at 6am CST. Download was ~400MB. First reboot after the update took a good 5 - 10 minutes. Didn't really worry as it was the first reboot. But EVERYTHING on the thing is super laggy. Just hitting the power meter to tell it to go to Standby there is a 5+ second lag before the buttons come up. Launching an app takes like 15 - 20 seconds and I see the green wheel spinning. It is a nightmare.

I did not security wipe it before I updated so I am going to try that when I get home from work tonight. If that doesn't fix it I am going back to OS 1.8.

Suck, i was so excited about this update...
    02-21-12 11:10 AM
    Did the OS 2 update this morning as well. The tablet now takes forever to power up, and wifi doesn't work. Wifi just says "finding available networks" and has been sitting in that state for about 12 minutes. I've tried powering down and re-booting several times, each reboot taking between four and six minutes before the bubble screen disappears.

Sigh, and of course I'm at work so don't have my cable to tether it to my PC to de-brick it. Anyone else having these problems?
    Same here; reboots take two to three times longer, all responses are slow and laggy, wifi does not work... After 3-5 minutes bezel gestures quit working... So u r locked into the app you have open, and if u let the playbook dim to standby you lose all use of the tablet, you must reboot.
    02-21-12 11:19 AM
    Security wipe didn't help. Didn't load anything, just tried to get into the browser. It just loads the initial screen (gray with a darker bar at the top) and hangs for about 45 seconds. Doesn't accept a swipe at all. Then it will just close and go back to the home screen.
    02-21-12 11:22 AM
    Never backed up, download and install took about 10 min and the first boot up was a little slow but all was as it was before I clicked update!

I directly updated my OS2 beta to the official OS2(file worth 500MB) and to my excitement without backing up, works superbly.
    02-21-12 11:27 AM
    mine is running good, but i had a Blackberry ID issue that cropped up last night. I couldn't download anything without an error on PB and BB.
    I upgraded to OS2 today, went to my BB ID settings on PB and saw:
    "Your account has been locked for 800billion minutes" ARGH!!!!
    So I switched my PB clock to manual to year 2014. Waited a minute, got about 100 security certificate pop up errors (said allow to all).
    Then switch the date back to auto.
    I guess the PB thought 800billion minutes has gone by and suddenly my account was unlocked, now I can DL from appworld for both PB and BB.
    Are you serious? That's the most bizarre message I've ever seen. Is this a common thing?
    02-21-12 11:28 AM
    So after my PB started the self rebooting cycle a few times it is completely bricked. Won't hard reset or startup. Someone with this same problem today made a post that you need to plug it into a BB wall charger for 2 minutes then disconnect 2 minutes and repeat 6-7 times as told by BB tech support. This worked before and I'll do it again. Charge up to 100%. Then I will do security wipe and then debrick.
    Last edited by Iatogenicx; 02-21-12 at 11:38 AM.
    02-21-12 11:35 AM
    So everyone that currently is having issues, do we all have the 64GB model?
    02-21-12 12:45 PM
    I'm on the horn with support. Let's see what they have to say.
    02-21-12 01:30 PM
    I'm on the horn with support. Let's see what they have to say.
    You da man. Give em heck!
    02-21-12 02:19 PM
    I uploaded straight from beta and no problems whatsoever. In fact, my pb is running smoother then ever. It was a 511mb download, but I did leave it until the afternoon to avoid the server hammering of the morning. I'd advise anyone having problems to back up, start from scratch and be careful with what apps your putting back on, one of those may be causing the problem.
    02-21-12 02:24 PM
    Tickes, any updates on what RIM support said?? I am heading home and going to do a debrick, security wipe and reload. I am having so many issues hardly anything is working correctly.
    02-21-12 05:57 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD