This morning after the update and heading to work with my Playbook, I was able to sync it with my Kenwood head unit via bluetooth and play songs from my music folder where it wouldn't do anything before other than sync! Great Job RIM!
    02-21-12 10:05 PM
    That's gonna be a popular addition.
    02-21-12 10:07 PM
    had it in OS 2 beta though
    02-21-12 10:08 PM
    Yes, but they added volume control... Which was absent in the beta.
    02-21-12 10:14 PM
    cool, thanks for sharing
    02-21-12 10:22 PM
    The pb is sweet
    02-21-12 11:10 PM
    i cant get it to connect with my headunit, my bold 9900 connects in half a second of me turning the key on. Was just about to post a rage post in one of the 2.0 hater threads about me selling my playbook cause this is the main reason i bought the thing. But if it works for you Ill go reset my deck a couple times and give it a few more tries.
    02-21-12 11:17 PM
    My Motorola S305 works w/out any issues.
    keith1000 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:28 PM
    Excellent! I scanned a post earlier today of someone claiming that the A2DP profile wasn't supported and thus never bothered to try. I can verify that it works with my Sony stereo headset. This was one of the features I was hoping for. I'm so happy I can finally post something positive after all these months.
    Thanks for the post.
    02-21-12 11:33 PM
    Paired my MotoS9's and my Jawbone Icon today.
    02-21-12 11:35 PM
    Tried using the volume control with the PB connected to the BB Stereo Gateway, plays music just fine, however, when I try to adjust the volume using the PB, it says "Volume control not supported on the connected device. Bluetooth Volume"
    Funny thing is the volume control works when the BB phone is connected to the Stereo Gateway. Very frustrating. This is one feature I was looking forward to turns out it's half azz.
    02-21-12 11:38 PM
    i cant get it to connect with my headunit, my bold 9900 connects in half a second of me turning the key on. Was just about to post a rage post in one of the 2.0 hater threads about me selling my playbook cause this is the main reason i bought the thing. But if it works for you Ill go reset my deck a couple times and give it a few more tries.
    im not goona rage just yet because it might be my stereo not pairing properly. I tried Hitting the reset button, event went as far as taking apart my dash and disconnecting the decks wiring completely in an attempt to erase all history of my bold connection. That didnt work.

The playbook wont even discover my stereo. Next step is to find another bluetooth phone and see if it discovers it. My brothers iphone 4s was no help, stupid thing wont discover anything.

I really hope it works, i have bought cases and hardware to make custom mounts and everything on my truck and boat. But i refuse to use aux cords. All i want is for my playbook to be able to do everything my Bold can do, was also hoping for a nice surprise with handsfree calling, but nope. Fail on RIM;s part
    02-22-12 12:06 AM
    Now that the PB has A2DP functionality, i have a few questions i was wondering about. I am thinking of buying a Bluetooth system for my car, this is the one i had in mind. It's the Parrot Mki9100.

Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits - Parrot USA

1) Do you guys know if i will be able to bridge my 9930 to my PB and then pair the PB and 9930 to the Bluetooth stereo system. This would be so i could use my PB for GPS and Pandora and answer calls too( if it would work of course). The idea being that if listening to music and i get a phone call the music would be muted so i could take the call on the BT system.

2) I am under the impression that even after the 2.0 update that calls still cannot be routed to the PB, is that correct?

3) Finally, would it at least be possible to pair my 9930 to the BT stereo and have it bridged to the PB at the same time?

I'm looking forward to your input, my knowledge of Bluetooth is very limited.
    Last edited by Hugh12; 02-22-12 at 12:44 AM.
    02-22-12 12:41 AM
    Now that the PB has A2DP functionality, i have a few questions i was wondering about. I am thinking of buying a Bluetooth system for my car, this is the one i had in mind. It's the Parrot Mki9100.

Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits - Parrot USA

1) Do you guys know if i will be able to bridge my 9930 to my PB and then pair the PB and 9930 to the Bluetooth stereo system. This would be so i could use my PB for GPS and Pandora and answer calls too( if it would work of course). The idea being that if listening to music and i get a phone call the music would be muted so i could take the call on the BT system.

2) I am under the impression that even after the 2.0 update that calls still cannot be routed to the PB, is that correct?

3) Finally, would it at least be possible to pair my 9930 to the BT stereo and have it bridged to the PB at the same time?

I'm looking forward to your input, my knowledge of Bluetooth is very limited.
    i just figured out my situation, i wasnt getting my deck in pairing mode. Was flipping out for nothing.

What i just learnt was my playbook can hook up to my car stereo just for music. No volume controll from the playbook, the volume is completely locked out when connected. But I can change songs from my stereo and it changes the song on the playbook. Thats fine for in my truck but i really need that volume control for my boat, RIM has untill june to impress me with an update.

Also to your questions, when your phone is bridged to your playbook it offers nothing in the form of handsfree calling, only a notification that your getting a call, all you can do is hang up on the person. The bridge also wont pause the music on your playbook when making a call on its own. Didnt get a chance to arrange somebody to call me to see if it does but theres a way around it

You can connect your playbook to your car first, that will take up its music functions. Then connect your phone, that will take up its handsfree calling. And When you get a call your phone tells your BT system to pause, and your BT system tells your playbook to pause. Still only useing the mic in BT system though, playbook is just idle at this point.

The question i dont have answered yet because its late and i just thought of it now is what happens when your playbook and phone are left on automatic connect, and you turn your car on. Will they remember to connect the playbook for music and the phone for handsfree. Or will the phone take control and connect as both music and handsfree functions. Ill edit this post tomorrow when i give it a shot

Still ******** they havent got even these simply functions worked out for qnx yet, like come on. The playbook is lacking functions old school blackberries have.
    Last edited by dandekker; 02-22-12 at 01:17 AM.
    02-22-12 01:14 AM
    Cool, i look forward to seeing what else you find out.
    trinipoco likes this.
    02-22-12 02:35 AM
    Can't wait to try this in my car
    Hugh12 likes this.
    02-22-12 02:39 AM
    I have the Logitech Bluetooth adaptor for my home stereo.
    Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth Audio Devices (980-000540): Electronics

When I first got my Playbook I tried to use it with the Logitech box. It would pair but not connect. The first thing I did after getting OS 2.0 was to try to stream music to my home stereo. No luck! It was still paired but would not connect. I went into the Bluetooth menu on the Playbook and deleted the connection and then let it scan again (after pushing the pairing button on the Logitech box). That did it! This alone makes OS 2.0 worth it!!! I can now use my Playbook to feed Slacker, Pandora or any music I have on my Playbook into my monster stereo system. I am a happy Playbook user! While listening to music I set up my G-mail account for e-mail, calendar and contacts. Happy days!
    02-22-12 05:49 AM
    A2DP on the PlayBook is KOOL, but I can't get the volume control to work while using my Jawbone Jambox. Is anyone else experiencing this same problem. I hope its something that can be corrected in the next update.
    02-22-12 05:59 AM
    Tried using the volume control with the PB connected to the BB Stereo Gateway, plays music just fine, however, when I try to adjust the volume using the PB, it says "Volume control not supported on the connected device. Bluetooth Volume"
    Funny thing is the volume control works when the BB phone is connected to the Stereo Gateway. Very frustrating. This is one feature I was looking forward to turns out it's half azz.
    I am unable to connect my playbook to the BB stereo gateway. How did you get your playbook to connect to it? My playbook can't seem to find it. I made my playbook discoverable too and still had no luck. Thanks.
    02-22-12 07:16 AM
    Yep, was listening on my HT 820 yesterday morning, everything works. First thing I checked, after setting up accounts and folders.
    02-22-12 07:20 AM
    I am unable to connect my playbook to the BB stereo gateway. How did you get your playbook to connect to it? My playbook can't seem to find it. I made my playbook discoverable too and still had no luck. Thanks.
    Did you put your device (not pb) into pairing mode - some have specific methods to turn on pairing mode.
    02-22-12 10:41 AM
    Paired PB with my Motorola S9-HD with no problem. Loving it. Waltzing around the house last night singing out loud and my daughter thought I was talking to myself cause she did not see I had bluetooth on, lol.
    02-22-12 10:50 AM
    Funny, I was in Staples a couple of weeks ago looking at Bluetooth headsets to be told by the salesperson that currently Playbook could only be used by a dedicated Playbook Bluetooth headset.

Then he told me to wait, as he believed that in the upcoming update, you would be able to use almost any other bluetooth headset.

He was in the know.
    02-22-12 11:19 AM
    Just bought a set of Motorola S10-HD and everything works out of the box.
    02-22-12 12:07 PM
    Did you put your device (not pb) into pairing mode - some have specific methods to turn on pairing mode.
    I think the Blackberry Stereo Gateway is always in pairing mode (or at least it should be), but please correct me if I am mistaken about this. I am not sure how I would even get it into pairing mode, if it isn't. It paired with the two Blackberry smartphones I have had just fine. I think I had to enter a code (like 4 zeros or something like that) when I first connected them, but I never even got to that option with the playbook. The playbook doesn't detect the Blackberry Stereo Gateway at all even when I am standing right next to it.
    02-22-12 01:17 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD