Does anybody know when this devcon is and if os 2 is right around the corner after that?
    10-10-11 09:35 AM
    Devcon begin on October 18. OS2.0 will be demonstrated then and released sometime after that. No one knows when at this point. Hopefully we will learn more from announcements made at Devcon.
    10-10-11 09:41 AM
    Watch Mike L. at DevCon. If he shows up with bodyguards, expect a long wait.
    10-10-11 09:46 AM
    After promising the Android App player would come late summer I think it's fair to be cynical on how long it will take after Devcon for OS2 to appear.

Still, this is a new slant on the usual post of "when will the next upgrade become available" which always made me smile when the sarcastic replies came flooding in
    10-10-11 09:51 AM
    I will take a guess and say 10/24
    10-10-11 10:13 AM
    Put me down for the week of 11/28.
    10-10-11 10:23 AM
    There is a big silence from RIM's side. Not even any information is leaking. That means OS 2.0 will not be available before 2012. That's pity.
    10-10-11 10:42 AM
    There is a big silence from RIM's side. Not even any information is leaking. That means OS 2.0 will not be available before 2012. That's pity.
    thats flawed logic, when was the last info leak regarding anything QNX? i mean we havent even seen any pics or vids of this BB Colt thats been to the carriers!! if this was the `older` BBOS type stuff, it`d of been all over the blogs months ago.
    BSFA2008 and sk8er_tor like this.
    10-10-11 10:45 AM
    I'm guessing last day of devcon
    10-10-11 10:46 AM
    We should start an official Crackberry OS2 release pool. $5 per entry :P
    pyroinsano likes this.
    10-10-11 10:46 AM
    The Playbook project manager is in the Blackberry Beta Zone forums. He writing on the forums and I'm reading him. With such a guy you can not achieve any project. No way...
    10-10-11 10:47 AM
    I'm 100% down if you can figure out how to do this
    10-10-11 10:48 AM
    "Step right up.

Place your bets.

Hurray, young fella, you don't want to miss this golden opportunity.

I will be spinning that Roulette Wheel at Devcon and you "wants" your money placed.

Hey, kid, do you prefer the Shell Game over the wheel? We have an opportunity for betting on the shell game, too.

Again, step right this way to the Hall of Mirrors....."
    10-10-11 11:53 AM
    im thinking this as well.... just prior to december, for christmas...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-11 11:54 AM
    Nah... My $5 says 18th November.

That's 1 month after DevCon, which is long enough to finish the code they demo at DevCon, soon enough before Xmas to catch the buyers, and a Friday to make it into the weekend press.

How will you get my winnings to me?
    stupid_baddie likes this.
    10-10-11 12:14 PM
    This date sounds
    good to me .....its my birthday and it would be a perfect present , but it sounds about the right amount time from past experiences with RIM updates.
    10-10-11 12:23 PM
    I would be more then happy to hold all of the money. Just PayPal me your $5.
    10-10-11 12:26 PM
    Nah... My $5 says 18th November.

How will you get my winnings to me?
    The same way Rim gets OS2 to you. Oh, in case you need it spelled out, that's

N E V E R!
    10-10-11 03:57 PM
    a little birdy at rim told me about os 2 a while ago... like in august.

so take that for what its worth.. and with all the 'tips' that come in on this site its' probably not worth much anymore :P but whatevers
    10-10-11 04:01 PM
    After promising the Android App player would come late summer I think it's fair to be cynical on how long it will take after Devcon for OS2 to appear
    Just to correct any misinformation people may have about this: I'm pretty sure what was supposed to be available by end of summer was a beta of the Android player.

Not having knowledge that a beta was available doesn't mean you can truthfully say that it was not available, and that RIM therefore missed a target.

For the record, within a few days after the official end of summer, I downloaded an official beta of the Android player, so I'd say they didn't exactly miss that target by much.

That's all I'll say about it.
    John.P likes this.
    10-10-11 04:07 PM
    Saw the thread title and thought, do I even want to look? Not as bad YET as I thought.

No guess here but if they were smart and it's ready it should be a couple weeks before black friday to get some buzz BEFORE black friday.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    10-10-11 04:08 PM
    I work as techy at a college in the uk and we bought around 60 playbooks during the summer. Anywho we had a RIM rep in on friday and I got the chance to ask him about os2. He said we're looking at late nov or early december having slipped from sept, as far as i can remember. He also showed usthe new playbook bluetooth keyboard which is the same size as the pb and will fit into a small foldout pouch along with the pb. He told us a few things about the new os. I think most of it was already leaked, such as the email (which will have some functuinality with Activesync), calender edit, powerpoint edit, spell check correction/suggestion etc, but was nice to know officially! He also briefly spoke about bbm on playbook and a new music sharing service which I cannot remember the name of (notes at work) but sounded quite interesting.
    I know, first post so you may well not believe a word i've typed but hope some of you do

Also please forgive all the typos this was typed on an ipa.. playbook!
    10-10-11 04:18 PM
    I work as techy at a college in the uk and we bought around 60 playbooks during the summer. Anywho we had a RIM rep in on friday and I got the chance to ask him about os2. He said we're looking at late nov or early december having slipped from sept, as far as i can remember. He also showed usthe new playbook bluetooth keyboard which is the same size as the pb and will fit into a small foldout pouch along with the pb. He told us a few things about the new os. I think most of it was already leaked, such as the email (which will have some functuinality with Activesync), calender edit, powerpoint edit, spell check correction/suggestion etc, but was nice to know officially! He also briefly spoke about bbm on playbook and a new music sharing service which I cannot remember the name of (notes at work) but sounded quite interesting.
    I know, first post so you may well not believe a word i've typed but hope some of you do

Also please forgive all the typos this was typed on an ipa.. playbook!
    I don't know if that is going to be too late or not.......... from the natives on here sounds like it will and many will give up on it. Hope not.
    10-10-11 04:29 PM
    The Playbook project manager is in the Blackberry Beta Zone forums. He writing on the forums and I'm reading him. With such a guy you can not achieve any project. No way...
    You chose an apt user name, drunkorexia.

.... it was said, by somebody, that OS2 would be released shortly after devcon. But, at this point, I wouldn't rely on squat from RIM. Wait and see.
    10-10-11 06:27 PM
    Just to correct any misinformation people may have about this: I'm pretty sure what was supposed to be available by end of summer was a beta of the Android player.

Not having knowledge that a beta was available doesn't mean you can truthfully say that it was not available, and that RIM therefore missed a target.

For the record, within a few days after the official end of summer, I downloaded an official beta of the Android player, so I'd say they didn't exactly miss that target by much.

That's all I'll say about it.
    Wrong. Thus, the rest of your post is based on a false premise.
    10-10-11 06:30 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD