Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By Morten
  • 2 Post By zorecati
  • 3 Post By RelicAte
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask nicely
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default update2: OS2 - Dear RIM - Please fix this....

First of all - Thank you for releasing OS2 - hopefully that will be the game-changer we all has been waiting for...

But - there are a few areas of OS2 which require more work - that I hoped was already in place in the release.. - I have 9 , a few important issues listed below:

1)
    File selection/sorting/folders:
    I regularly need to e-mail pictures to my clients, and my PB can have from 1000 to 3000 pictures on it at any given time - categorized in folders. Now - the only way I find to attach pictures (or any files) - it pops up the file-browser with ALL the pictures in one huge dump... scrolling up and down to look .....

OK - there is a "search" options - but - in order to search you first have to know the file-name... Using the Picture app - quickly locating the pictures - but - that App is unable to show any info about the file - no name - no meta-tags or anything...
    PLEASE fix both apps - the file "selector" needs folders too - and the Picture app needs to be able to read & show meta info...

2)
    Accounts
    Facebook has been around for quite some time - and the normal BB app is starting to be functional. The same should be expected from Playbook of course.

When adding a Facebook account, there is no way (that I have found..) to NOT include email or calendar or address-book (or some) - but all is automatically included - making the "messages" app a bit clogged up... Then when deleting from within messages app - there are no way to tell if the Facebook mail should be deleted only on the PB, or also on Facebook....

3)
    Accounts integration
    One reason for Twitter / Facebook "integration" is to easily share information with other people..... If I am browsing the internet and find an article/picture that I want to link to and tweet - there must of course be some easy way to do that - from the Browser..

And it should also be easy to send the link as e-mail....
    These things already work on BB phones - why not also on the Playbook???

4)
    Accounts
    Many of us use different Twitter accounts for business and pleasure, why not allow integration of several?

5)
    Keyboard-1
    Thank you for the new layout with numbers on top - making it easier to enter....
    But - it seems very unstable.. Sometimes it pops up while entering "name" fields - and sometimes not - sometimes it pops up on "password" fields - and sometimes not...

Please have some consistency added to the approval process in AppWorld to force developers into using specified layouts for different field types - OR - let users choose which layout to use.

6)
    Keyboard-2
    Predictive text... same as above - it is very random when this is on/off...

7)
    Keyboard-3
    Spacebar - is a little bit too short for smaller hands... would be a lot easier to type if it was a little bit larger

8)
    Keyboard-4
    HOW many users change the language of the keyboard while typing?
    Can't this be either replaced with a larger Space key - or - let users modify the use of the "globe" key...

9)
    Desktop Manager - WiFi Music sync...
    Why is this not enabled for the Playbook? It already does a good job for the handsets....

10)
    Alerts - Notifications
    From before we begged for ability to use our own MP3 files as alerts, and now with calendar and native e-mail - it is needed more than ever. Please let notifications be user configurable - both sound-files and volume.

11)
    Bridge
    Use same layout/app for Bridge apps (email/calendar/address)

12)
    Gist
    After RIM took over Gist, I was hoping to see a good integration in OS2... PLEASE make integration....

13)
    Single Sign-on - or lock/unlock all accounts
    Since the Playbook easily becomes the device of choice for family members - it would be nice to have a way to easily log-in/out of all connected accounts.. Something like the current Bridge Unlock/lock feature.... Hopefully that would make my heart jump a little bit less when I see the kids playing games on the Playbook.

14)
    PDF - in-file-Search
    PLEASE please please - searching within PDF files are essential

15)
    e-Mail/Gmail accounts
    Gmail support on BIS is nothing new for RIM - and we have gotten ability to Label, Archive -and to search mail... but WHERE is the same support for the Playbooks native email client? No no - Bridge version does not do it either...

16)
    Contacts / twitter integration
    It is obvious that the "Contacts" is no longer an address book - but more of a "list all your connection and people you follow" thing...so when looking for an e-mail address in Contacts you first have to scroll through the 4000 Twitter profiles you follow..
    It would be a good thing to be able to choose which social service to include in the list - the same way as is done with the Calendar app - where we can choose which calendar to include...
    Personally I would like to be able to add my Google+ circles as well....
    -and splitting up Contacts into 2 .. one "Address book" and one "Social contacts"...

17)
    eMail/Contacts - account "integration"?
    The Inbox collects messages from the different services - LinkedIn/Facebook/eMail ... BUT - are unable to forward messages between them,... WHY?

Sometimes i receive a mail from inside LinkedIn that i have to forward either to my own eMail accounts or directly to someone else.... but as far as I have found out - it is impossible to do. Messages "collected" from LinkedIn can only be sent to other LinkedIn contacts.

Consistency consistency, consistency and flexibility - that is what we need....

Please........
    Last edited by Lindstrom; 02-24-2012 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added more :-) ....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    ask

Id say go back to the drawing freaking board.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm gonna let you finish in just a minute but this is the best PB update of all time.
    rrrebo and ranchlizard like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Very well written, I can totally agree with you...
    CrackBerry Abuser

1st issue is a genuine one!
    Noticed this while uploading a pic over facebook.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    266FCF62

Default And for the love of God, BOOKMARKS!

Please include some editing options in the browser bookmarks. I need to be organized, not to mention, it would be nice to be able to tell what exactly my bookmark is a bookmark for!
    rrrebo, carrickfergus and sagec like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Another huge thing I saw today when I synced a mail account
    Give us the option to delete prior just like on the Blackberry Phones. I got a ton of spam mail that I don't delete since it is in the web interface and I never use that. All those messages (547 of them) showed up and was a pain in my a** to delete all of those.

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN
    Hey, what did you expect ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindstrom View Post
    8)
    Keyboard-4
    HOW many users change the language of the keyboard while typing?
    Can't this be either replaced with a larger Space key - or - let users modify the use of the "globe" key...
    Nonononononono ! Please let this keyboard and language (can be smaller) but I need both !
    Either to avoid misspelling words when I type English AND for RDP access over several machines/os/languages. thank you !
    Except that, agree to most of the above.
    Join my BBM Channel : C00035FA6
    "I speak English like a Spanish Cow"
    I'm a StockBerrian, proudly holding 50 150 250 400 550 1000 BlackBerry shares

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by compgen25 View Post
    Another huge thing I saw today when I synced a mail account
    Give us the option to delete prior just like on the Blackberry Phones. I got a ton of spam mail that I don't delete since it is in the web interface and I never use that. All those messages (547 of them) showed up and was a pain in my a** to delete all of those.
    Notice you have, in mail advanced settings, the capability to choose the initial sync lenght in days (7 to 30 I guess) ... will save much time to non-historians !

Global Posts
    10,358 Global Posts
    PIN

10)th but not least ... I'd like to read my bridged mails/contacts/agenda stuff (pushed, not stored) within the new client interface...