haha, didn't except that one, im the early type.

ok so for OS 3.0 here is what I want:

- improved browser with webapps like Chrome, or why not, Chrome itself on PB
    - worldwide movie streaming service
    - fingerprint log on to PB
    - Podcast app available outside the US
    - ability to run tasks in the background (ex facebook, twitter), receive notifications for several of them (like IPad, or BB phones)
    - share on FB from photo albums

.... huh, a TV app? let's try to be (more) creative
    01-16-12 12:25 PM
    didn't what?
    01-16-12 12:29 PM
    I expect we'll see a 2.1, at least, before a 3.0, so are we talking near-term updates that we want to see soon after 2.0, or long-term stuff that might take a year or two.

Also the "fingerprint log on" thing obviously can't be done just with a software update... so that couldn't even be in a 3.0 except with new hardware.
    Flexin and jafobabe like this.
    01-16-12 12:40 PM
    I dont think any of the above would warrant an OS3 version number.
    01-16-12 12:56 PM
    Ermmm! Ambitious.
    01-16-12 01:02 PM
    - ability to run tasks in the background (ex facebook, twitter), receive notifications for several of them (like IPad, or BB phones)

I believe it is announced for OS2.0, and there is Blaq. The android player currently offers notifications as in app updates

- worldwide movie streaming service

I also think there is sort of something announced like that (can't actually remember where I read it), but for the US. Keep fingers crossed for worldwide
    01-16-12 03:58 PM
    Make me toast and apply the right amount peanut butter (0.125" thick) to it in the morning just when I get out of the shower...
    andino likes this.
    01-16-12 04:40 PM
    the podcasts app works outside of the US. I use it in Canada...
    01-16-12 05:11 PM
    Make me toast and apply the right amount peanut butter (0.125" thick) to it in the morning just when I get out of the shower...
    Now that would be awesome! But instead of toast and peanut butter, it needs to have an option to do waffles with peanut butter and jelly =P
    ridesno159 likes this.
    01-16-12 05:13 PM

I believe it is announced for OS2.0, and there is Blaq. The android player currently offers notifications as in app updates
    Can you, please, provide a link to the announcement? As for Android Player and Blaq offering notifications, I suspect they still can't run services in the background. That is, they have to be open/minimized in order for them to notify you real time. Am I correct?

Here is a thread on this topic:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ground-685686/

Developers in that thread mentioned that it is currently impossible for third-party applications to run services in the background. So I am thrilled to know this may change.
    01-16-12 05:17 PM
    Now that would be awesome! But instead of toast and peanut butter, it needs to have an option to do waffles with peanut butter and jelly =P
    Waffles really aren't my thing, but I'm all for options. Variety is the spice of life...
    andino likes this.
    01-16-12 05:18 PM
    -cloud
    -digital assistant
    -wifi access to both cameras
    -bbm + webchat
    -equalizers
    -visualization when playing MP3 on default music application
    01-16-12 05:43 PM
    -enhanced 3d effects (message, alert, notification) from TAT
    -bridged sms
    -bluetooth phonecalls through your blackberry/bridge
    -video/audio editing (jaycut acquisition)
    01-16-12 05:44 PM
    -hdr video/camera
    -3d screen
    01-16-12 05:46 PM
    Well I can assure you there will be NO PB OS3,
    We'll see a PB OS2.1 MAYBE a PBOS2.5 but PBOS3 WILL Be BB10.

What I would like to see out of BB10.1 for Both the Tablet and the Phone devices is

- RICH full featured Documents to go, with Tabbed window support for multiple files
    - Multiple instances of Apps, (Sometimes I need to have 2 or 3 Calculators on the go would love if they all were on the PlayBook)
    - Revised Media App, both Audio and Video Players need to be made for MUCH EASIER control and navigation the PlayBook is 7" and the control buttons are about 3/4" x 3/4" in size WTF! give more sorting options, more playing options, better controls, and better integration, a MINI player in the notification bar would be nice.
    - Pattern Lock lock screen by default, in and out of the pocket it turns on and far to often
    - Further integration with Address Book, Calendar, Maps, Note Pad, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Traffic

I would hope by this time RIM's ecosystem includes a Video Store, a Music store, a Video Subscription service, a Music Subscription service, Book Store, Book Subscription service, all of these would be integrated with BBM, and would have global and regional statistics available online

I would Hope BBM includes integration with a video chat service, and a voip service.
    jafobabe, kennyliu, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    01-16-12 06:08 PM
    Ability to use the aGPS from my phone to bridge to my PlayBook so that I can use the PlayBook as my sat nav.

Oh, and an excellent sat nav app.

Seeing as QNX is used so widely in cars, coupled with the development of BB Maps and BB Traffic, I wouldn't expect a sat nav to be asking too much!
    Last edited by beemaabeemababy; 01-16-12 at 06:31 PM.
    01-16-12 06:16 PM
    Hey guys ! take it easy. Let's wait what do we get with the 2.0 and then we will build our next update wish list.....
    01-16-12 06:54 PM
    My immediate wish is more likely an OS 2.1 or OS 2.0.1-namely, a graphic EQ for the audio player.
    01-16-12 07:01 PM
    Now I have seen great things previewed in the upcoming update (improved docs to go, spell check, predictive text, etc). What I haven't seen is any improvements to the .pdf reader. Will there be improvements to Adobe Reader? Or will we have a better .pdf reader of any sort?

Also, will there be 'find' functionality added to the browser?
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-16-12 07:12 PM
    My wishlist for OS3 is for OS2 to be released on-time
    01-16-12 07:24 PM
    GPS for the mapping
    01-16-12 08:52 PM
    I expect we'll see a 2.1, at least, before a 3.0, so are we talking near-term updates that we want to see soon after 2.0, or long-term stuff that might take a year or two.

Also the "fingerprint log on" thing obviously can't be done just with a software update... so that couldn't even be in a 3.0 except with new hardware.
    A barcode reading app could possibly be rewritten to read fingerprints. I'm no programmer, but its probably possible.
    01-16-12 09:03 PM
    Well I can assure you there will be NO PB OS3,
    We'll see a PB OS2.1 MAYBE a PBOS2.5 but PBOS3 WILL Be BB10.
    the current playbook os is bb 10. the next playbook os will be bb 10. bb 10 is qnx 6.5. 6.5 was released in april 2010, while the 6.x branch is at least 10 years old. qnx 4 is still in use and supported.

what you are wishing for are ui tweaks and improved/new integrated apps.
    kennyliu likes this.
    01-16-12 10:38 PM
    Deep integration with my Porsche and the navigation (PCM). They both run QNX after all.
    01-17-12 01:25 AM
    improvement in dishwashing ability...current os just goes (sizzle) n sparks a couple times when i put it in the dishwater
    01-17-12 01:37 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD