1. When the browser is in full screen mode trying to select the entire URLto copy and paste, nothing is selected and you are presented with the selection pegs. Switching back to the regular mode, it works fine. Option to share / or copy to clipboard would be nice.

2. Selection of text in browser takes too many attempts, and or, text options popup doesn't appear. This needs to be more accurate.

3. Selecting links in broswer pages takes more than one touch, sometimes 3 before user is redirected.

4. Keyboard does not activate on some text fields immediately after touch.

5. Scrolling performance is laggy on sites with even the simplest markup.

6. Selecting or closing tabs, often takes more that one touch or is extremely laggy. The hit area for the close-tab is too small.

7. Touch events after selecting a link is just too delayed. Often, redirects take 2-3 seconds so you don't know what's going on.

8. No way to configure the User Agent. Some mobile sites are whack... I want the full browsing experience.

9. No way to organize bookmarks....this is a must!

10. Blue loading progress bar stops mid way through, broswer freezes, and the device needs restart because the Browser icon in the tray is disabled!

...I'm sure there are more, but , this browser needs to be tightened. Devs have made significant increases from the version in 1.0, but comparing it to the Safari, and Chrome.... it's lacking. Can we not get a version of Chrome or Firefox ported? No offence to the PB browser, but why reinvent the wheel?

Does RIM even have a UX team? Did they even test the performance / UX of other mobile browsers? I'm very pleased with my device but I feel that RIM F'd themselves by rushing this to market. I hope they can update the OS in the next few months to address the concerns of the thousands of users out there.

Cheers.
    Last edited by leedium; 03-11-12 at 10:09 AM.
    Vector-SS, JeffyPooh and sagec like this.
    03-11-12 10:07 AM
    Yes, I agree there are much improvement to be done on Os2 browser.

Sometimes for no reason, the browser close by itself?

Also, in terms of screen sensitivity, I think the playbook can still improve.

I'm looking forward to Os2.1 with much improvement! Cheers!
    03-11-12 10:30 AM
    Agreed.

Especially on points #3,7,10 - it drives me nuts! As for point 10, if you wait long enough it will eventually come back (not saying it's right, but it does).

I just hate the fact that sometimes when you click a link while browsing the blue bar will shoot up to 1/3rd and just disappear, click it again and it does the same thing for maybe 2 attempts, then it either immediately loads the link or if you wait long enough it will shoot back up.

I thought these issues would be resolved with OS2, but I guess the priorities were native calendar, email, and contacts.

Now that those are integrated it's time to polish, polish, and polish!
    03-11-12 10:50 AM
    Good list. I recognized every one of those.
    Thanks for taking the time to document them.
    03-11-12 11:09 AM
    Thanks for posting this but please add the browser suddenly closing without warning. This has just started happening to me as well and I am sure I have seen it around the forums. I was searching for that topic when I stumbled upon this thread.
    03-11-12 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD