Hi!
    I try to synchronize my e-Mail account with PB OS2 via activesync. But with all OS Versions, I have the same behaviour.
    The synchronisation works well if the connection is running trough a Proxy. But it fails, when I'm going direct to the Internet.
    I have tried it with different accounts and different WLAN infrastructures. It's allwas the same. If the is no Proxy in the Wifi profile, the native PB mailclient says there is no network connection. All other services (Webbrowser, Appstore) are running well, but not the mailclient.
    The same accounts are running well with the Proxy, so the credentials are right. I have traced the traffice. There is no outgoing traffic from the playbook, if there is no Proxy.
    09-22-12 06:24 AM
    Is this a private or work account? Wifi it is a work account, take it to the IT guy and see if he can sort it for you.

Else, all I can suggest is deleting the accounts from the PB, rebooting (either turn off then on or hold vol+, power, vol-).

And welcome to the forums.
    09-22-12 07:10 AM
    The symptoms keeps in both cases. Also if you try to use Activesync with GMail.
    If have tried it with my private and my work account. I have also tried to run it across the Wifi infrastructure in the company and in my home.
    The behavior is always the same: Alle combinations are working fine if I use a proxy in the Wifi settings of the PB. If I delete the proxy, the synchronization stops. I am 100% sure, that it's not a problem of the accounts. In case of Activesync the PB mailclinet seems to check the network before synchronization and gets a wrong result.
    I have deleted and reinstalled the accounts many times. I have wipped the PB. I have tried all versions of OS 2.0 and also the Beta of OS 2.1. No change, the problem persists.
    PS: I am the Head of the IT and my guys have also no answer.
    09-23-12 03:55 AM
    Is this a private or work account? Wifi it is a work account, take it to the IT guy and see if he can sort it for you.

Else, all I can suggest is deleting the accounts from the PB, rebooting (either turn off then on or hold vol+, power, vol-).

And welcome to the forums.
    The symptoms keeps in both cases. Also if you try to use Activesync with GMail.
    If have tried it with my private and my work account. I have also tried to run it across the Wifi infrastructure in the company and in my home.
    The behavior is always the same: Alle combinations are working fine if I use a proxy in the Wifi settings of the PB. If I delete the proxy, the synchronization stops. I am 100% sure, that it's not a problem of the accounts. In case of Activesync the PB mailclinet seems to check the network before synchronization and gets a wrong result.
    I have deleted and reinstalled the accounts many times. I have wipped the PB. I have tried all versions of OS 2.0 and also the Beta of OS 2.1. No change, the problem persists.
    PS: I am the Head of the IT and my guys have also no answer.
    09-24-12 06:28 AM
    Now I have the new 2.1.0.1032. And the problem persists. Very disappointing.
    10-06-12 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD