I've known about the 2.0.1.358 update for about a week, but internet connections have been spotty... until now. I'm currently in Japan and can pretty much do the 495 MB download in an instant, but I'm worried the update won't match what I would get in the States, as I've seen others post about missing apps due to regioning. So, my question to you: Anyone update in Japan? And did you lose anything? And will a smaller update happen once you're in the original region?
    08-24-12 03:53 AM
    Wish I could say... I grabbed the dev beta update while I was in europe last week and everything seems fine. It did add an ATT app, which was kinda weird. I would just do the update. If you're missing anything, you'll definitely get it when you come back. Although I kinda doubt you'll lose anything at all. Just a guess though
    08-24-12 08:01 AM
    Since you likely setup your PlayBook in the US, you will get the US upgrade regardless of where you are when you do the download.
    cbvinh likes this.
    08-24-12 08:13 AM
    yup the updates are NOT location based, but rather where you setup your playbook
    cbvinh likes this.
    08-24-12 08:24 AM
    What these guys said

On a side note,
    Is the PlayBook even released in Japan yet? It doesn't have Japanese language support (yet). Although the Dev Alpha does interestingly enough
    08-24-12 08:52 AM
    Awesome! I will give it a go!
    08-24-12 09:48 AM
    Updated! So far, so good...
    08-24-12 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD