Since the update, I'm having trouble with several streaming websites. Tubeplus is one in particular. I can pick a show from the homepage but if I try to close the ad on the video player or try to change the streaming site to another link, popup windows open, then immediately close and I am booted back to the home screen. I can hold my finger over the link until the menu pops up, choose open link and it will work but the other issue never existed before. It is also affecting Oragami browser.

I have done several hard resets and cleared the browser cache but still same issue.

It would be nice if Rimberry would stop removing functions from this device.
    GV2012 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:29 AM
    I just tried tube+ here @ work, never tried that one, but it hooked me up "cleanly" with an episode of Hell on wheels, just one add @ bottom of screen, but it hung on me in about 10 seconds as my boss is so cheap that all we have is DSL for the WHOLE company, so you can imagine....

I will try this at home when I get home and get back to you.

Otherwise, "update" seems ok.

At this time.

Today.

c
    Cynycl and GV2012 like this.
    09-12-13 09:36 AM
    Maybe it's just the one playbook. I'll have to check my other one at home tonight as well.

One may be overdue for a security wipe.

What's funny is that it was the Hell on Wheels show I first noticed this problem on. Great show.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-12-13 09:41 AM
    Have you tried Longmire?

c
    09-12-13 09:53 AM
    Have you tried Longmire?

c
    Yep, not bad but not as good I don't think. The show I'm waiting for the return of (now that Sons and Boardwalk Empire is back) is Banshee.

Also watched the first season of Oranage is the New Black on netflix and it was pretty messed up, just like Weeds. I liked it. That Jenji Kohan must be on some potent medications.
    Last edited by Cynycl; 09-12-13 at 12:10 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-12-13 10:24 AM
    Yep, not bad but not as good I don't think. The show I'm waiting for the return of (now that Sons and Boardwalk Empire is back) is Banshee.

Also watched the first season of Oranage is the New Black on netflix and it was pretty messed up, just like Weeds. I liked it. That Jenji Kohan must be on some potent medications.
    I will have to checkout Banshee. Name rings a very dim bell. Never watched Weeds, heard it was good though. Will look at Orange, never heard of that one.

Hey, I just tried tubeplus.commie and it works fine at home, no hiccups or popup issues. Thanks for keying me on it. Another source when I be bored.

Gotta go find the piece of brain I misplaced..............

C
    09-12-13 05:36 PM
    I will have to checkout Banshee. Name rings a very dim bell. Never watched Weeds, heard it was good though. Will look at Orange, never heard of that one.

Hey, I just tried tubeplus.commie and it works fine at home, no hiccups or popup issues. Thanks for keying me on it. Another source when I be bored.

Gotta go find the piece of brain I misplaced..............

C
    Strange I'm now having issues with tube+, project free tv but I can force them to work on multiple playbooks. Even rebooted router but still have strange issues.

Other good sites are viooz, levida.ch, solar movie and movie2k
    09-12-13 06:29 PM
    eztv.it has torrent downloads for every show the day after it airs
    09-12-13 06:31 PM
    I use Amazon Prime streaming on my PlayBook and I've had no issues since the update.

Posted with my Z10 using CB10
    09-12-13 06:42 PM
    eztv.it has torrent downloads for every show the day after it airs
    I still want to know who and how folks manage to strip commercials, code this stuff and post the torrents so quickly (or maybe I don't want to know!). Also, don't these folks have a life? I find it quite amazing. Sometimes I do have to wait till the next morning but not often. I would gather some of it is automated but still - THEY ARE FAST!
    09-12-13 08:43 PM
    I'm also having trouble streaming video, youtube just hangs and screen goes black at times with no way to recover. Now I'm pist.
    09-12-13 09:18 PM
    I'm also having trouble streaming video, youtube just hangs and screen goes black at times with no way to recover. Now I'm pist.
    You might try using one of the android browsers for YouTube- Maxthon or Dolphin- both free in app world. Note that when the vid goes to fullscreen and the first frame shows, you might have to tap on the screen to bring up the player controls and then hit the play button. Also note that this will work with YouTube, but since the android player does not support flash, it won't work on many other sites.
    09-12-13 09:35 PM
    I just tried tubeplus first time ever -so that's why I thanked you guys in the thread
    So, it ran pretty good foe me. Watched last night's episode of ultimate fighter. No real problems. It did stall/buffering wheel at the middle of the vid but then I just cursored it up and then back again and for some reason all good after that. I just find sometimes things go screwy in general when on the net with the Playbookand the solution is never consistent. Though I am no techy perhaps it could have something to do with just 1G ram.
    Who knows but thanks for bringing that site to my attention. I had never used it before.
    09-12-13 10:09 PM
    A number of us have reported streaming problems in other threads, all via web sites and browsers which used to work , including HBO GO, Crackle, and MLB TV on different browsers (Simple Browser, Fast Browser, Origami), and with different User Agent settings. There have been mixed results, at best. The recent update did make changes to Flash, which may be causing the problems.
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-13-13 08:53 AM
    A number of us have reported streaming problems in other threads, all via web sites and browsers which used to work , including HBO GO, Crackle, and MLB TV on different browsers (Simple Browser, Fast Browser, Origami), and with different User Agent settings. There have been mixed results, at best. The recent update did make changes to Flash, which may be causing the problems.
    Well I'm sure affected on several sites. Reset of playbooks and factory default on router and still having issues. May have to try a security wipe on the weekend to see if that fixes anything.
    09-13-13 09:14 AM
    Well I'm sure affected on several sites. Reset of playbooks and factory default on router and still having issues. May have to try a security wipe on the weekend to see if that fixes anything.
    I've tried security wipe, begging it, everything short of throwing holy water on it. I really miss HBO GO.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:37 PM
    I use Amazon Prime streaming on my PlayBook and I've had no issues since the update.

Posted with my Z10 using CB10
    Wish you didn't write that, that will be the next one down.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:04 AM
    Crackle and YouTube works for me, with default and Origami browsers.
    09-15-13 02:59 AM