Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS 2

38 53.52%
  • OS 1.0.8

33 46.48%
    Which things were broken though?
    Its a hard decision between 2.0 and 1.0.8
    I haven't gotten the Playbook yet, shipping times are killing me, but im thinking of going to OS 2.0 the day after i get it.
    Even though there were work arounds for the broken bridge problem, they never worked as well as the real thing and, with one of them in particular, you could not click on links in emails and bring up the browser. The general performance of the android apps was not the best either. My wifi kept dropping and now, with the 1.0.8 update, those problems came back. Fortunately, some of us here have been able to solve it by changing router settings. Personally - and for my use case - I prefer the stabilty of the old OS....though I can't wait till February!

edit: oh yes - games like Dead Space that wouldn't work either!
    Last edited by jvictor77; 11-28-11 at 05:30 PM.
    11-28-11 05:26 PM
    I managed to get my sound working with a backup/wipe/reload. So at this point my opinion of the latest beta is better than it was before. Dead Space still won't start, and the browser has crashed randomly on me, but it's mostly working nicely.

Unless you're tech savvy though I'll still recommend sticking to 1.0.8.

For those on OS 2.0 though, remember to not leave bad reviews for an app that doesn't seem to work (doesn't start, crashes, etc). It's probably OS 2.0 beta rather than the app.
    11-28-11 05:28 PM
    i liked os2 better but the latest update messed up the sound in my games and the bridge wouldnt work so i voted for 1.0.8, which is what im using now
    11-28-11 05:39 PM
    As a developer, but one uninterested in Android, I run 1.0.8 on my primary-use PlayBook. I do have a second PlayBook, which has 2.0 for testing, but I haven't transferred my files, most of my apps, or my day-to-day regular use onto it. The beta, in my opinion, is just not ready for regular use yet.

For whatever that's worth...
    11-28-11 05:44 PM
    as a techie, you must try v2. it is very nice. looks better. and the whole android app loading thing is cool

i find it faster and nicer all around.

no sound or any other issues here. sms bridge is working as well

wait, you can bridge sms???? if so i know what im doing this weekend
    11-28-11 06:21 PM
    wait, you can bridge sms???? if so i know what im doing this weekend
    It's amazing. App world, sms bridge. The best thing since birth control. It's what made me dump iOS and switch to Blackberry.

It's not an OS 2 thing. SMS bridge works in OS 1 as well.
    11-28-11 11:48 PM
    For the people having problems with OS 2, have you done a security wipe after installing OS 2.0, some people on this forum say that it fixes most problems.
    11-29-11 07:24 PM
    does version 2 have autocorrect? i wish they would implement the same autocorrect from the pearl or 8100t.
    11-30-11 01:57 AM
    I'd be very worried if OS 2 wasn't better; RIM would just be going backwards. Just remember OS 2 is still being developed in beta!
    11-30-11 03:44 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD