I just talked to my rim rep, OS2 is delayed till October now
    That almost certainly means that they are waiting for Devcon to release which is complete BS! RIM you are allowed to release something major at something other than one of your shows/events. So pathetic.
    09-13-11 10:45 AM
    Mine told me I was a superstar
    09-13-11 10:46 AM
    Mid October is the word internally but nothing is finalized. BTW, if you haven't heard, native BBM is Playbook to Playbook only. You can only add those 500xxxx pins. I was pissed, but it is what it is. Internally the employees aren't happy about it either.
    09-13-11 11:44 AM
    wtf? Then what the **** is the point of BBM if you can't BBM your friends with Blackberry phones.

FAIL.

Either way I still say the new os should be call Snow Beaver. Or sexy snow beaver.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    09-13-11 12:36 PM
    Mid October is the word internally but nothing is finalized. BTW, if you haven't heard, native BBM is Playbook to Playbook only. You can only add those 500xxxx pins. I was pissed, but it is what it is. Internally the employees aren't happy about it either.
    Any word from the internals on if RIM cares if they constantly miss deadlines and look incompetent on a regular basis?

So this BBOS to QNX transition keeps getting better and better. You can only videoconference with other Playbooks, maybe only BBM with other Playbooks. Wonder if they will work out the issues with BBM before the phones come out or if they will say well BBM only works QNX device to QNX device but not to BBOS device?
    anon(823957) likes this.
    09-13-11 12:49 PM
    I wonder if they will manage to work Bridge contacts into their Native BBM App atleast. PB to PB BBM is useless to me. Maybe an OS7 device will help compared to my S2, but I was really looking forward to improving on the laggy Bridge BBM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    anon(823957) likes this.
    09-13-11 01:04 PM
    I know, I'm in the same boat as you guys replying, but I'm unfortunately just a messenger with some good contacts working closely with every build of 2.0 put out so far.

I find it useless as well, I only know 3 friends with PlayBooks and I was looking forward to using BBM services without bridging.

Internally, the employees don't understand and they find it frustrating as well. And unfortunately, what management says goes (as we learned from those employee letters to management).
    09-13-11 01:10 PM
    My RIM rep told me that with the Playbook's native email, you can only email other Playbooks. They're not happy about it internally but what can you do?
    kirson likes this.
    09-13-11 01:15 PM
    I know, I'm in the same boat as you guys replying, but I'm unfortunately just a messenger with some good contacts working closely with every build of 2.0 put out so far.

I find it useless as well, I only know 3 friends with PlayBooks and I was looking forward to using BBM services without bridging.

Internally, the employees don't understand and they find it frustrating as well. And unfortunately, what management says goes (as we learned from those employee letters to management).
    I wonder if this means that RIM is standing up some BIS just for Playbooks and not allowing it to talk to the BIS servers that are tied to carriers? And if this is the reason, why would they not allow them to talk to the existing BIS carrier infrastructure (keep carriers happy, worry about people dumping the phones but having a Playbook to keep up with BBM contacts)? RIM seems to be making some stupid decisions with the Playbook if these things come to fruition as you say.
    09-13-11 01:24 PM
    I wonder if this means that RIM is standing up some BIS just for Playbooks and not allowing it to talk to the BIS servers that are tied to carriers? And if this is the reason, why would they not allow them to talk to the existing BIS carrier infrastructure (keep carriers happy, worry about people dumping the phones but having a Playbook to keep up with BBM contacts)? RIM seems to be making some stupid decisions with the Playbook if these things come to fruition as you say.
    No kidding, I thought they finally got it right when we saw native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, and BBM apps, as well as the Android Marketplace. If they planned it like every PlayBook owner wanted them to, it would have been the mother of all tablets.

Now we slide back into the reality of restrictions of use, disappointment, and anger that we can't use our products the way they *SHOULD* be used, and it offers up downsides when compared to other tablets.

It shouldn't be hard, give the people what they want.
    09-13-11 01:28 PM
    My RIM rep told me that with the Playbook's native email, you can only email other Playbooks. They're not happy about it internally but what can you do?
    Now there a line of crapola..

Changes were/are supposed to be made on the backend at RIM to allow more than
    once email device to access the email system. Its your blackberry.com email address. Before only once device was allowed to connect.

I would go back and slap this so called Rep upside the head as they have it dead wrong.

"RIM has reportedly faced serious compatibility problems that prevented the company from offering a native e-mail client for the BlackBerry PlayBook as the tablet arrived on the market. The company was said to be utilizing an e-mail system built with an architecture configured for one device per user, a smartphone-oriented design that became problematic when transitioning to multiple devices tied to a single account."

Read more: http://www.electronista.com/articles...h.mail.client/
    Last edited by trsbbs; 09-13-11 at 01:37 PM.
    09-13-11 01:31 PM
    Now there a line of crapola..

I know. It is the internet and it is easy to make up anything. Same thing with this BBM limitation. Who is to say it is true or not?

This is why RIM needs to step up to the plate and give us all a good roadmap.

But, if it is true that there are some things like this BBM limitation, it really will not go over well for Playbook . . . Again.
    09-13-11 01:45 PM

I would go back and slap this so called Rep upside the head as they have it dead wrong.

]
    Can you give me a heads up so I can bring my video camera? Then afterwards you hold the camera while I do it. I have 3 blackberries, with the same e-mails. No problem!
    09-13-11 01:54 PM
    Well, my best friend's wife's brother's friend's cousin on his mother's sister's side knows a guy that says it could be the first friday after the moon sets at the edge of Aquarius.
    You had me going until this.
    09-13-11 02:07 PM
    i am so desperate for the email client.... its like shipping a new iPhone without email/calendar/contacts... everyone would laugh at Apple if they did that.

Im looking every other h at this site to see if an official release date has been given. Im going craze over native email. And the fact that aMail and Early Bird were not approved makes it even worse.

Android Player is a big icing on the cake, but not necessary for those who use Playbook for business.

Its supposed to be the first professional grade tablet, but no email client... bummer
    09-13-11 05:49 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD