Like most of you, I got a Playbook because of it's price point and am waiting impatiently for OS 2 to release.
    Can someone point me to the official list of new features for OS 2. I know about native email support and Android player, but apart that I know nothing.

I absolutely don't care for native email support as it sync with my BB Bold for email using the bridge.

The two features that would make the device really useful would be for it to be DLNA compliant, so I could stop using the crappy TVersity software, the second feature would be Skype with video chat, because no one I know owns a Playbook.

What the chances are that I can see those two features tomorrow when OS 2 launch?
    02-20-12 04:20 PM
    There has been no official list of new features published.

What was promised back in October was the native email, calendar, and contacts, plus the video store (which we know now is US-only until some undefined time).

The Android player wasn't even mentioned then, but is clearly going to be part of it.

A few other things have been mentioned in ways that makes us think they'll be in there, but we've had only demos, not a truly "official" list.

Were you willing to accept "unofficial but confirmed"? (Honestly, though, I'm not sure anything else actually is confirmed, aside from the modified home page UI (folders etc), the slightly revamped App World client, a thousand bug fixes, and one or two other minor tidbits.)
    glasgowguy likes this.
    02-20-12 04:24 PM
    I'm waiting to see what kind of surprises we all come across that weren't expected. There's always at least one. Personally, I'm hoping for modifications/enhancements to the music player, podcast app, and the ability to group media files into folders instead of just having one huge list when you try to access. And maybe, just maybe, we'll see and enhanced enhanced demo mode.
    02-20-12 04:30 PM
    There has been no official list of new features published.

What was promised back in October was the native email, calendar, and contacts, plus the video store (which we know now is US-only until some undefined time).

The Android player wasn't even mentioned then, but is clearly going to be part of it.

A few other things have been mentioned in ways that makes us think they'll be in there, but we've had only demos, not a truly "official" list.

Were you willing to accept "unofficial but confirmed"? (Honestly, though, I'm not sure anything else actually is confirmed, aside from the modified home page UI (folders etc), the slightly revamped App World client, a thousand bug fixes, and one or two other minor tidbits.)
    I am now wondering what the fuss is all about with OS 2 if nothing official has been announced.
    02-20-12 04:37 PM
    I am now wondering what the fuss is all about with OS 2 if nothing official has been announced.
    Well, there IS the new messaging platform... that's worthwhile. Notably, I thought I saw some support for remote Exchange (i.e. ActiveSync) along the way... would be excellent since my BESx broke and I can't seem to fix it

A lot of stuff is already out in the form of the 2.0.0.7111 preview; AWESOME browsing, faster WiFi, and an Android Player that has hundreds of apps available in App World already. Some of them are actually useful.

Then there's the UI enhancements: folders (to group shortcuts on the home screen), and the ability to create multiple "tabs", as well as the dock at the top for most used stuff.

It's a worthwhile upgrade, for sure.
    02-20-12 04:58 PM
    I compiled a list of confirmed features in this thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-2-0-a-693566
    02-20-12 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD