Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default OS 2.1 now available for 4G LTE Playbook

As title says, looks like OS 2.1 is now available for the 4G LTE Playbook from Rogers, Bell and Telus.

Thank Mobilesyrup for the details.

BlackBerry PlayBook 4G LTE upgrade to OS 2.1 now available | MobileSyrup.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Default Re: OS 2.1 now available for 4G LTE Playbook

I've been checking all day. Nothing yet in the Toronto Canada area.
    BB10 Powered by QNX RTOS.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,862 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

You will have the last lol as bb10 will likely hit the 4g playbook before it does the wifi
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...
    Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    12,563 Global Posts

Anyone actually get this update yet?
    Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard. - The Doctor

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Connectedly]

Any OS update for the 3/4G will have to be approved by carriers, so it is more likely WiFi versions get BB10 first. If we're lucky, they will release at the same time.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry Abuser

I am using a Bell microSIM. Still nothing at 6:21:56 PM on Wed, Nov 7, 2012
    CrackBerry User

I got an unlocked one from eBay and it works just fine with AT&T's LTE. Will I get an update also or how does this work since the Playbook LTE is not released in the US yet? Thanks.
    Bold 9000 - Torch 9800 - Torch 9810 - Bold 9900 - PlayBook 4G LTE - Z10
    CrackBerry User

It's been days now since this was announced. As Blaze asked, has ANYBODY actually received the update? I've been hitting the check update button all day for the last two days with no luck and also haven't seen anybody confirm that this is actually rolling out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DCBerry21 View Post
    I got an unlocked one from eBay and it works just fine with AT&T's LTE. Will I get an update also or how does this work since the Playbook LTE is not released in the US yet? Thanks.
    How did you get your Playbook working on your carrier? I've got a SIM unlocked one that isn't working with my local carrier. It's connecting to their network but not getting any data. Is your SIM setup for BIS/BES or just regular data? If regular data did you have to enter the APN settings of your carrier?
    CrackBerry Abuser

still checking for updates, several times a day but ain't got nuthin

Bell microSIM in Canada on an unlocked Telus 4G PlayBook.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by spongerx View Post
    How did you get your Playbook working on your carrier? I've got a SIM unlocked one that isn't working with my local carrier. It's connecting to their network but not getting any data. Is your SIM setup for BIS/BES or just regular data? If regular data did you have to enter the APN settings of your carrier?
    I stopped by the AT&T store and told them I wanted to add this LTE capable tablet to my plan. The AT&T guys did the rest. When they were activating the new SIM, I remember one of the guys told the other that their system wouldn't take my PlayBook's IMEI number (probably because it wasn't a device released by AT&T) and they couldn't get the data connection to work. I don't know what they did to fix that but it worked. As far as I know, the problem was on their system. They didn't change or enter anything on my PlayBook. Good luck.
    Bold 9000 - Torch 9800 - Torch 9810 - Bold 9900 - PlayBook 4G LTE - Z10
    CrackBerry User

I think at this point it's safe to declare the tip posted by MobileSyrup bogus........ I'm going to stop punishing the check for updates button on my PlayBook.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

I restarted the 4 week count after the second update on the 25th. I'm thinking one or two more weeks but I'm still checking.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Cool bogus?

i don't know if i would call it bogus...it was likely based on the original Oct 3rd deployment. we won't have to wait 4 weeks from the Oct 25th fix - it should be ready any day now!
    CrackBerry User

still no updates for my lte playbook....
    CrackBerry User

any LTE owner actually got their update?
    CrackBerry User

OS 2.1 now available for 4G LTE Playbook-img_00000022.jpgUpdating my Rogers LTE PlayBook as we speak.........2.1.0.1088......494MB

Global Posts
    10,524 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Someone who has this update available but hasn't upgraded yet, PLEASE contact me about getting an offline copy of the .bars! I'll walk you through getting them if you don't know how, and if you do know how I'd love a copy!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MB_JohnPeters View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000022.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	126196Updating my Rogers LTE PlayBook as we speak.........2.1.0.1088......494MB
    You must be in western Canada. Nothing here in the east yet. I went off of your time.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts

Got this from the BB website.

Software update v2.1.0.1088Nov. 22, 2012
    Includes the following update for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

Fixed an issue some users were experiencing with locally created contacts and calendar events after a software update Includes the following updates for the 4G/4G LTE™ PlayBook:

Initial tablet setup can be completed over a cellular data connection Updates can be downloaded over the wireless network when supported by the wireless service provider Video chat over the cellular 4G network:
    Turn off video chat over the cellular network to manage potential data charges Receive notification if the incoming or outgoing video chat call is over the cellular network Carrier stores now available in BlackBerry App World™ All of the updates included in Software update v2.1.0.1032 Updates for the 4G/4G LTE PlayBook are subject to carrier availability.