- CrackBerry User
- 15 Posts
OS 2.0 WIFI Problems (Re-installed 3 times!!)
I do not know what to do,
I have an annoying problem with the device, it connects to the wireless network but it seems that the connection drops after a few seconds, I can not browse the Web more than a minute.
I tried to reinstall the version 2.0 three times, and the problem persist.
Even rebooted the router's settings several times.
in version 1.07 everything looks fine.
There's something to do?
- CrackBerry Newbie
10-29-2011, 05:09 AM #2
- 8 Posts
Yea I'm having the same problem as well.
App World keeps trying to load forever, you just see the green circle going round and round. Same with every other app and the browser.
It was working fine when I got it yesterday, but today it's just not connecting.
Hope someone figured something out...
10-29-2011, 05:16 AM #4
- 5,627 Posts
- Hey, what did you expect ?
Yes, we noticed several wifi issues with 2.0.
From what I remembered, there is some tips that may help you.
- Doing a ignition plug on the router is a first-do
- Do tests to check if there's no interference (microwave, alarm system ...) between your PB and router (if you're very near of the router, do you still disconnect ?)
- Enabling IPV6 in the tablet wifi parameters may result in more wifi stablility.
- During installation, using the WPS method (if supported by your modem/router) seems more efficient.
- Try a WEP simple authentication in your router settings
- Did you security wipe your PB prior to upgade ? Warning: if you do a wipe wen 2.0 installed since more than 24H, you'll have to downgrade to 1.0.7, re-apply for 2.0 and then upgrade again.
... hope it helps
Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-29-2011 at 05:31 AM.