Ok so I jumped off the deep end and installed 2.0 and I can say as a BlackBerry fan, I can wait for them to get it right. I am impressed with how well Android runs in the background, as opposed to how before it was an app player. I can see why RIM wants to get it right when it is released. Imagine a non tech person picking up a tablet and having to load an app to load an app....the tablet gets put down by a potentially new consumer. I'm hoping for more soon, but Kindle and Flixster are major pluses for right now. Just my two cents.
    10-19-11 04:05 AM
    The OS2 is nice and all, but its a beta, and its buggy, crashes, lock-ups, less RAM, slower browser and its just bug-ridden. I'm downgrading asap.
    10-19-11 04:10 AM
    Mine hanst been buggy yet and no crashes...the work around for bridge is a bit tedious, but I understood this being a beta and knew some issues were coming with it.
    10-19-11 04:12 AM
    no crashes? seriously? even my music playlists decided to disappear, half of them!
    had more than usual trouble with the browser trying to paste..must have been my finger though.

and also the side switcjing animation is messed up. sometimes its fast and others its slow, and notice we cant flick appsnoff while side switching. i hope thats not final.
    10-19-11 05:35 AM
    no crashes here. i only been spending about 2 hours a day on it. so maybe i haven't given it enough time.
    10-19-11 05:42 AM
    [After a couple of hours of tests]
    If ever the bridge wasn't necessitating a workaround, I'll never uninstall ...
    All my apps went back, all worked fine, even better with the NaN issue solved.
    But bridge is mandatory and *:�(* i will remove tne beta soon.
    10-19-11 05:48 AM
    The OS2 is nice and all, but its a beta, and its buggy, crashes, lock-ups, less RAM, slower browser and its just bug-ridden. I'm downgrading asap.
    After playing around with apps for 4 hours, I can say android implementation is unbelievably stable (very surprised) once you have it running. Obviously, you haven't seen this yet on your own. Buddy, this is awesome! I'm enjoying my PB 10 folds because of this update!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...8/index11.html
    Last edited by nievz; 10-19-11 at 06:12 AM.
    10-19-11 06:03 AM
    Quick question (without starting a new thread)

Is it true that apps running on 1.0.7 won't work on 2.0? Is this because of app world not being available on os2?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 09:54 AM
    Is it true that apps running on 1.0.7 won't work on 2.0? Is this because of app world not being available on os2?
    From my personal experience... I did the OTA upgrade, didn't take a backup prior, and have not done a security wipe.

ALL of my previously installed apps are still present (including app world) and work.
    10-20-11 10:53 AM
    From my personal experience... I did the OTA upgrade, didn't take a backup prior, and have not done a security wipe.

ALL of my previously installed apps are still present (including app world) and work.
    Ok, thanks for the response... I'm gonna give it a whirl then...

10-20-11 01:07 PM

Thanks

Only native Apps wont work. i.e Apps created with NDK v1; like videochat and most likely scrapbook among others.
    Thae majority of the apps in App world are Adobe Air apps and they will/should run fine.

N.B: I havent tried the OS2 beta as yet.
    10-20-11 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD