While you're waiting for the OS 2.0 developer beta, make sure you perform a full backup of your PlayBook. That way you'll be able to downgrade to 1.07 after playing with the new version. Downgrade instructions are here.

We'll be testing Files & Folders extensively with the new OS, and will be sure to fix any problems in the unlikely event we find any.
    bermont likes this.
    10-18-11 04:12 PM
    you are being sarcastic, right, since many of us haven't been able to do a back up since the first upgrade.
    10-18-11 07:45 PM
    LOL - that's a good one !!!
    10-18-11 07:48 PM
    you are being sarcastic, right, since many of us haven't been able to do a back up since the first upgrade.
    Oh - is this a known issue?

I was just scratching my head wondering why the heck it wouldn't let me back up...

Oh the trade offs
    10-18-11 08:01 PM
    While you're waiting for the OS 2.0 developer beta, make sure you perform a full backup of your PlayBook. That way you'll be able to downgrade to 1.07 after playing with the new version. Downgrade instructions are here.

We'll be testing Files & Folders extensively with the new OS, and will be sure to fix any problems in the unlikely event we find any.

Lol. Really?

I appreciate the suggestion. I'm more hoping that OS2.0 will solve the backup issue, and when I install consumer v2.0, that I am ABLE to back up.

Lots of us (search) have had this issue despite various DM versions, computers etc and it seems to have something to do with the apps installed on PB.
    10-18-11 09:02 PM
    Thanks for your sound advice on making a backup
    10-18-11 09:04 PM
    Oh - is this a known issue?

I was just scratching my head wondering why the heck it wouldn't let me back up...

Oh the trade offs
    I hope he was being sarcastic because I was able to make a successful back up with no issues using the Desktop Manager.
    10-18-11 09:10 PM
    I had backup issues until I just tried on OS2 and it seems to be working.
    10-18-11 09:13 PM
    I hope he was being sarcastic because I was able to make a successful back up with no issues using the Desktop Manager.
    Not sarcastic. Install plenty of apps and report back. Mine worked well too. Havent done the 2.0 developer upgrade, though eager for 2.0 consumer and hope this solves it for everyone. But its a known issue that hasnt been resolved over a few versions of PB OS and DM os.
    10-18-11 11:09 PM
    I am one of those users that was not able to backup their PlayBook for months now. Pretty sure only the initial release OS worked properly in this regard.

However I upgraded to the OS 2.0 developer beta and when I tried backing up... IT WORKED!

I'm not saying this will work for you-just what I've experienced. So freaking glad this is now finally possible again.
    10-19-11 12:25 AM
    So, I was one of those eager nondevelopers who jumped on the band wagon and registered. I have always been able to back up my PlayBook, so when os2 comes through finally and if I'm not able to use Bridge, can I just restore my last back-up and will it revert to 1.7? I have also read the downgrade procedure and saw mention of a password, I have the password settings on my PB switched off and have never set up a password, so can I just forget about that step? I'm desperate to give os2 a try, but need my BB Bridge working 100%. It appears that for some who have upgraded os2 it still works and for others it doesnt.

Thanks guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 12:39 AM
    The backup hangs on some apps. All your other data gets saved if you select what it is you want to backup. If your apps don't get saved, big deal. They're still on your appworld account.
    10-19-11 12:49 AM
    If you upgrade to 2.0 without backing up beforehand, you will be unable to downgrade. Period.
    10-19-11 01:09 AM
    So I've backed-up, am I good to go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 01:31 AM
    I backed up my 1.7 no problem, tried 2.0 liked it but had a few freezes and had to do a hard reboot a few times, to reboot {hold all 3 buttons at same time, power-volume up-volume down}
    Tried to downgrade, no luck, on desk top shows the only update is 2.0. So guess I,ll be keeping 2.0 on for a bit longer
    10-19-11 05:38 AM
    installed the 2.0 beta ,but my android apps dont work,i want to wipe it but i cant back up for some reason ,the process doesnt proceed.
    What can i do.
    If i wipe without a backup ,can i redownload my paid apps?
    or is there another wayx for a backup
    10-19-11 06:38 AM
    The backup hangs on some apps. All your other data gets saved if you select what it is you want to backup. If your apps don't get saved, big deal. They're still on your appworld account.
    I cannot backup. I do not get the choice of what I'd call a Selective Backup. I cannot do any backup.

And to some of us it is a BIG DEAL. I have some apps that have now increased their price and I would have to pay more to reinstall them since I canNOT backup the current versions. So, maybe for YOU it is not a big deal but for _ME_ it is a big deal.

I know for some the pb is absolutely perfect and has no problems. Any problems are solely those caused by user error.
    10-19-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD