View Poll Results: How Satisfied Are You With the 2.0 OS?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exceeded my expectations

216 25.53%
  • Met my expectations

359 42.43%
  • Somewhat Underwhelmed, but like the native e-mail, calender, etc.

157 18.56%
  • Disappointed - Could have been better

89 10.52%
  • Total FAIL

21 2.48%
  • I Don't Care - I will look elsewhere for my communication/tablet needs

4 0.47%
    I had to choose underwhelmed. They did provide all that was promised, but there were no big surprises. With all the secrecy, I thought for sure there would be some amazing additions that no one expected.

The remote control is a nice feature, but I have no use for it without a couple certain apps which shall remain nameless.
    otherguy41 likes this.
    02-21-12 09:49 AM
    I'm extremely happy overall, I think RIM has done a fantastic job. My only minor complaints are the native calendar and contacts not syncing (I know the bridge apps are fine but I'm not always bridged and would still like to have my calendar especially), along with the fact that it doesn't seem that they improved the memory management at all which is one thing I was really hoping for after the betas.

The only other thing is that despite finally delivering something when promised RIM should have marketed the crap out of this release to make it a big deal and draw attention to the vast improvements over what they have been bashed in the media for since its initial release.
    02-21-12 09:49 AM
    Bridged databases - FAIL ... OS 2 doesn't sync with bridged databses

Memos - FAIL ... no sorting, filtering or categories

Tasks - FAIL ... no sorting, filtering, categories, and no way to hide completed tasks

Calendar - FAIL ... doesn't integrate with native BB phone calendar, added a lot of "new social contact features" ... probably OK for kids who spend their entire life "facebooking" people, but hardly a "must have" for the business user (remember this is where RIM set themselves apart from Apple ... oops !)

Contact - FAIL ... see above.

New apps - FAIL ... Newsfeed and whatever (I forget the names, I already deleted them) ... if I wanted these I could have purchased similar items from Apps World months ago .. I didn't need to wait for OS 2.

... did I miss anything ?
    Yes, you didn't sort and categorize your list. FAIL.
    swiftex and DeeLishusOne like this.
    02-21-12 10:01 AM
    While I do see some clear and good improvements some basics are still not present.

Bad
    1. No SMS/texting via Bridge
    2. Unable to arrange favorites in the browser.
    3. Can't delete Bing (I hate items that cannot be removed)
    4. Still the wiissue with the standby and time out settings. (5 min max is not enough)
    5. No TAT items. Sort of blah.
    6. No useful additions to Facebook.
    7. Some Droid apps that worked before no longer work, even after reinstall.
    8. Third shift folks are out of luck in the native calander and setting work hours. (Can't set 7pm to 7am)

Good

1. Browsing seems better. (still testing Flash and snap shut issues)
    2. More email etc. options.
    3. Addition of Droid player
    4. Native email etc. is good.
    5. Smooth install from Beta to production OS2. No issues.

While not part of the OS2, Skype and NetFlix (silverlight in browser even) are a must have. Until the PB gets these abilities it will not be a full use tablet for many. I know they are not RIMs products, but you cannot dispute not having them hurts.

SMS/texting may be a deal breaker for me. They hinted in their PB surverys about this and once again did not deliver it. SMSBridge works, but this should be part of the PB native functions. BBM is useless to me. (pissed me off big time on this one)

Overall, this OS release will please some, but not the BB group as a whole. It is not the savior of the PB. It will not draw too many new users in either.

I hope that BB can release some incremental updates within the next 60 days to address some of the still missing items.
    But without SMS/Texting it is a big let down for many that do not use BBM. Something so small and in a years time BB still has not been able to get it done.

For those that paid $199 this OS2 version is a good deal. For those that paid full boat for the PB, for the money, it is still lacking.

Good step forward, but still not completing/competing in the race.

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 02-21-12 at 01:35 PM.
    02-21-12 10:20 AM
    Netflix won't be around much longer, and there are a couple of free cross platform video chat apps....SFH aka Free Video Chat for starters, so Skype is not necessarily a needed feature.
    02-21-12 10:56 AM
    I get that but they need to be sideloaded. It would have been nice to have the Apps avialable in App World upon release of 2.0. I've sideloaded some apps as well but this shouldn't have to be the case for the average user.
    Um no they don''t! They are in App World, I downloaded several already this morning!
    DeeLishusOne likes this.
    02-21-12 10:58 AM
    FAILED!.... at least until I am able to download the new bridge software, which has failed every time I tried to download the bridge file.
    02-21-12 11:00 AM
    2.0 met my expectations, I loved my PB anyways, so for me and update was only going to make it better.
    That would be my only complaint, that bridge now has less importance, but I guess that this was the idea... make the PB a stand alone device.
    But PB is NOT stand-alone: no inbuilt 3G. RIM should have updated the Bridge apps to include new features provided by native apps. Weak!
    02-21-12 11:07 AM
    A little disappointed that contacts and calendar don't transfer really like native email perhaps there will be a fix......?
    02-21-12 11:21 AM
    I had to vote total fail as it bricked my Playbook.

Extra months in delays to "get it right" huh?
    02-21-12 11:25 AM
    i like it because of android apps. i will still use the bridge
    02-21-12 11:26 AM
    or they've used any other tablet on the market...
    02-21-12 11:31 AM
    I like it . Finally A2DP and auto correct......everything else is GRAVEY . NICE....VERY NICE
    02-21-12 11:31 AM
    what is wrong with someone with an opinion that doesn't completely lick MIke and whoever the other guy's . You're probably there already...
    02-21-12 11:33 AM
    Definitely exceeded my expectations.
    Haven't dropped the PB since the upgrade at 5am (est)
    02-21-12 11:33 AM
    make it able to do all the stuff tablets that are already on the market can do. Even the cheapo tablets are rocking ICS. I think BB should just turn this into a complete android tablet and give us 4.0
    02-21-12 11:40 AM
    so far, so good
    only gets better from here.
    can't wait to see what tweaking will do...
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    it's not like people have never used a tablet before, the limitations can be reached in about 30-40 minutes...I mean we are only looking at email, searching for droid apps, and filling in the calender, it's not like a whole new OS
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    it would honestly. I'd prefer windows myself.
    02-21-12 11:45 AM
    well when I put down my ipad, asus transformer orig, galaxy player 5.....yeah I see whats missing, head in the sand, devotees are just as harmful as communism....
    02-21-12 11:48 AM
    I love the folders, calender, email, and the new UI layout.
    02-21-12 11:49 AM
    it's not like people have never used a tablet before, the limitations can be reached in about 30-40 minutes...I mean we are only looking at email, searching for droid apps, and filling in the calender, it's not like a whole new OS
    I agree. For people who use PIM 2.0 is a great update but for people like me who don't use PIM it is very disappointing. There is nothing really new in 2.0. The new file manager sucks cuz all it is combo with pictures, video and music. you can't even explore like a real file manager.

2.0 should have a new UI update and loaded with new cool apps and not just PIM. For PIM apps i just carry my BB.
    02-21-12 11:51 AM
    It's a total failure, mine wont even update. What a POS!
    02-21-12 11:54 AM
    you missed, docs to go being the standard word app, the loss of info with update(completely sloppy), and apps still don't interact together, cut and paste from sketchbook to email.....long app load times, sometimes I wonder if there really is a dual core in here when I pick up my phone or PDA
    02-21-12 11:56 AM
    needed more apps at launch, they may be coming but zinio, netflix, kindle.. all needed to be there. zinio has been sayint thier coming for too long.
    02-21-12 11:58 AM
174 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD