View Poll Results: How Satisfied Are You With the 2.0 OS?

Voters
846. You may not vote on this poll
  • Exceeded my expectations

216 25.53%
  • Met my expectations

359 42.43%
  • Somewhat Underwhelmed, but like the native e-mail, calender, etc.

157 18.56%
  • Disappointed - Could have been better

89 10.52%
  • Total FAIL

21 2.48%
  • I Don't Care - I will look elsewhere for my communication/tablet needs

4 0.47%
    As the title suggests; cast your vote rating your level of satisfaction with the new OS 2.0.
    imacj likes this.
    02-21-12 07:30 AM
    Where's the poll?

Setup two PlayBook in twenty minutes. Awesome is the word. It's all there.
    02-21-12 07:35 AM
    The poll is up.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:36 AM
    So far its ok from what I've looked at. Native mail is the biggest item for me and UI changes are nice. Some things that bug me is the lack of a complete keyboard (one with say an ESC key on it?!). I would like to use SSH and RDP more but without a full virtual keyboard it makes it not usable.
    I'm still exploring but my first impression is why did it take so long to come up with these few changes??
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:37 AM
    DANG! - need a "Still way too early to tell" option.
    kbz1960, kaydubbya#AC and Daruba like this.
    02-21-12 07:38 AM
    Met my expectations 99%.. hoping for quality apps, and games to come tho.
    bob_tn, Daruba and alnamvet68 like this.
    02-21-12 07:41 AM
    Seems to be, those who understood exactly what to expect from OS2, and knew what was coming, ran the beta's, watched the videos, got (for good reason) very very excited about it...
    Those who didnt know what to expect and didnt know much about it, saw the excitement of the people above and overhyped it in their minds. which always leads to disapointment
    02-21-12 07:42 AM
    Whoever said "Total fail" needs to move on to another forum .
    f1mx, CDM76, 1425956 and 2 others like this.
    02-21-12 07:56 AM
    I'm slightly underwhelmed...but only because I was running the betas!!!

Overall, very happy!
    02-21-12 07:57 AM
    How about PITA?

I hard to do a Hard Reset to get my Data back, I can just imagine PlayBook owner's like my sister who doesn't know about it.

Other issues is why do need to get out of the Folder every time you want to stack another app and is it just me or do Apps take a few seconds to load?

All I wanted was the Keyboard upgrade. LOL So far I'm not impressed.
    02-21-12 08:05 AM
    So far the only things missing (for me) are Search in the browser and PDFs.

Best unexpected feature: the new keyboard layout, particularly for passwords. Sweet!

They fixed the browser close-tab crash, which really annoyed me, and this is great. Also it seems to be a tiny bit faster now, and more responsive to page reloads.

The remote control is cool, quite an unexpected feature. They only need to add multitouch support to make it perfect. The bridge now works again with emails, which is also great. It just flickered black before, for me. And I love the new "open attachment on tablet" feature.

Native apps are all good. The new App Store is also better. It's becoming quite a nicely rounded tablet.
    02-21-12 08:06 AM
    I think we some how over hyped it, you know we built it up it couldn't live up to our expectations. I mean I do like the new features but we were talking about os 2 being the playbooks saving grace and really I dont think os 2 is going to change anything about how people view the playbook.
    02-21-12 08:12 AM
    Kind of early for this. I updated this a.m. when connected to wifi at home and set up only one email account successfully. But now I'm on Bridge where I can't get into App World or anything like that. I don't know if difficulties (primarily email set up) are due to being on Bridge or what, but in any event the jury is still out for me. In fact, it has adjourned for the day, or at least until I get back on wifi.
    luda83 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:17 AM
    Haven't had much time to play, but so far looking good! Did lose part of my playlist and now can't remember how to add to it, but will figure it out. Everything else that I have checked is working perfectly. Happy Camper here.
    02-21-12 08:17 AM
    I think we some how over hyped it, you know we built it up it couldn't live up to our expectations. I mean I do like the new features but we were talking about os 2 being the playbooks saving grace and really I dont think os 2 is going to change anything about how people view the playbook.
    What do you think it will take to change the way people view the PB?
    alnamvet68 and malcerie like this.
    02-21-12 08:18 AM
    The OS just landed so what is the poll about?
    Successful download?
    C'mon guys.
    kbz1960 and joski like this.
    02-21-12 08:21 AM
    Since the choices are not complete I voted - Exceeded my expectations.

After all the update is only 4-1/2 hours old. How much can someone really tell is this short amount of time?
    02-21-12 08:25 AM
    The only thing I don't seem to be able to use is the Print to go, but I'll try again....blackberry ID seems to be the problem
    02-21-12 08:27 AM
    Met my expectations however the playbook will remain a 7/10 for me until we either get bbm groups via bridge or native bbm.

Also, the remote feature for me is the greatest thing, and that's all bridge.
    Last edited by ericlc2; 02-21-12 at 08:45 AM.
    02-21-12 08:30 AM
    The OS just landed so what is the poll about?
    Successful download?
    C'mon guys.
    no kidding, but its the OS2 and its not even March yet, so on that base alone it deserves an exceed vote
    02-21-12 08:32 AM
    Went very smoothly and most everything worked after a security wipe. Good step forward for RIM.
    02-21-12 08:36 AM
    hey, they released it when they said - that exceeded my expectations!!
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:39 AM
    People who voted 'Exceeded Expectations' must have had very low expectations for this update.

I wanted 2 things....Autocorrect spelling (check) and Kindle app (not Check)

so I had to vote disappointed - could have been better.
    ericlc2 likes this.
    02-21-12 08:39 AM
    the greatest feature for OS2.0 - > OVERALL SMOOTHNESS.

i've played with my friends' newest android tablets before, and this completely destroys those in terms of speed and overall smoothness.
    02-21-12 08:43 AM
    This will take a few days to understand completely. So far so sweet.
    02-21-12 08:46 AM
174 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD