Loving the new OS so far but having a few issues, can anyone help? The calander and email on my blackberry is not syncing to the native email and calander app on the playbook. Is this possible ? Also I cannot set up my sympatico email account.

thanks for the help
    slott
    02-21-12 09:02 AM
    Where is the android app player????
    yeah.. where is it ?
    02-21-12 09:02 AM
    playbook is also sold in Hong Kong, but weird that all along the updates do not have input for chinese... ! the handsets have it but not the tablet ???
    02-21-12 09:03 AM
    Was downloading for 36 min. when I got an error and the message to check my connection and try again (PB attached to DM on laptop). Started it up again and it was going much faster the second time when I got a fatal error and cancel message. Still on 1.08.
    Am also getting an error when doing a straight backup thru DM. Must resolve that first, methinks.

02-21-12 09:03 AM
    Well, I don't know what's your problem is, but I found this update awesome. Call me easily satisfied if you want..lol. Here's my observation so far:

1. Email setup is simple. I don't know why some people having difficulties, it's a no-brainer for me.

2. Many android apps are available in app world (ie. Search using keyword "handster"). I've downloaded youversion bible and dolphin browser and it worked flawlessly. The only catch is that it looks like we could only run one android app at one time. You can switch between the active ones and those apps are opened in one card/window (whatever you called it). We can see the icon of the opened apps and switch by clicking the respective icon. Please tell me if this isn't the case.
    02-21-12 09:05 AM
    Interesting I deleted the smtp username and password data from my pop email and suddenly i can delete emails, and they are marked read and dont keep appearing as read.
    Now I am truly content.
    Love autospelling. LOVE IT.
    Also love the numerical pad that pops up when needed. LOVE IT.
    02-21-12 09:07 AM
    There is no android app player application to launch via a icon. The android player is imbedded into the playbook OS so it's seamless. You download whatever app you want, be it blackberry native or android via app world and when you launch it the playbook OS will load it whichever way is needed. Via native OS for native apps, or via android vm for android apps. The android launcher that we've all seen in the beta releases was there because this seamless integration of android wasn't complete yet. So sit back, enjoy the ease of running multi-platform apps, and breathe a little, it's finally here.
    02-21-12 09:07 AM
    Built-in file manager makes me want to cry
    agreed. In pain. Tried to delete things using it and nothing happens.
    02-21-12 09:08 AM
    To all the Android app people, there is no "player" client. The available Android apps are integrated into App World already. This has been mentioned on about every single page of this thread.

Edit: D'oh! Looks like Xavier85 beat me to it.
    02-21-12 09:08 AM
    From what I've looked at so far...

Gmail calendar support doesn't include calendar profiles that you can set up on your Gmail calendar so on the PB you only see your default calendar.
    This sucks big time. I need my different google calendars!
    02-21-12 09:09 AM
    I apologize if I missed this somewhere but how do I use my torch 9800 as a remote with the playbook? I have bridge connected.
    02-21-12 09:12 AM
    Successfully sideloaded an app after 2.0 Update (WSJ.com reader, from playbookbars.com)
    Anyone set up their Yahoo email account? What are the advavced settings.
    Mine downloaded and installed without a hiccup. Elapsed time: about 20 minutes.

Can't offer much commentary about it... maybe I'll have time to monkey with it tonight. But it certainly didn't make anything worse.
    02-21-12 09:14 AM
    IMO, there isn't any and there won't be. Do a search in the appworld and you will find many ported android apps like dolphin

yeah.. where is it ?
    02-21-12 09:14 AM
    I apologize if I missed this somewhere but how do I use my torch 9800 as a remote with the playbook? I have bridge connected.
    Open the bridge app on your 9800 and select remote control, you cd add the icon to your home screen.
    asaprocky likes this.
    02-21-12 09:15 AM
    To all the Android app people, there is no "player" client. The available Android apps are integrated into App World already. This has been mentioned on about every single page of this thread.

Edit: D'oh! Looks like Xavier85 beat me to it.
    Hahaha! Sorry to steal your thunder there, just as you have seen many a post along the lines of "where's android?" so i thought i'd explain it a little.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    02-21-12 09:17 AM
    what happen to the folder structure? is there a way to create folders on the home screen?
    02-21-12 09:19 AM
    i was playing with the pb starting at like 5 am this morning....after an hour or so..my gf confiscated my pb =(
    02-21-12 09:25 AM
    This sucks big time. I need my different google calendars!
    I would have to agree. The only downside I have come across so far is that it will only sync the main calendar from google. Hopefully we can find a work-around, otherwise I'm going to combine all of my calendars I suppose, but that is going to throw off my other devices...
    02-21-12 09:25 AM
    Anyone set up their Yahoo email account? What are the advavced settings.
    Berryreview has an article on this right now.
    02-21-12 09:26 AM
    what happen to the folder structure? is there a way to create folders on the home screen?
    Hmm, you're right, can't seem to do it, maybe it's different now...
    02-21-12 09:26 AM
    I'm having trouble setting up my Yahoo email....Hotmail is fine...but it won't connect with the yahoo server.

I'll have to wait until I get home from work later to see if I can set ump yahoo account based on the advance settings. It should have just set up easily itself. Never had this problem on any BB phone.

Still no KINDLE app.
    02-21-12 09:28 AM
    i am totally disappointed in 2.0, just the wait for three more functions is not enough to satisfy me. too little too late, thankfully i have a buyer for mine tonight for $300, then im buying a ps vita. been nice being a part of this but like i said. Too little too late. i waited since November for this?? wtf was i thinking. it was just a side replacement for lack of a laptop at the time. its time has come to pass. enjoy the half-assed build guys. oh and rim nice job messing up the keyboard completely. fail.

the ability to run only ONE android app at a time is useless. why have a robust os if it can only run one at a time. im done with tablets all together.
    Last edited by thatplaybookguy; 02-21-12 at 09:37 AM. Reason: found something else to complain about.
    02-21-12 09:31 AM
    ^ you make me lol. Bye
    maddie1128 likes this.
    02-21-12 09:34 AM
678 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD