I feel the overall speed of my playbook is not what it used to be. The apps take a longer time to load than before. I also question the speed of the browser in terms of filling out text fields it seems to hang for a while before keyboard would come up. It then pauses for the typing to start and then is slow filling in the characters. I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same thing or is my internet connection to blame as it is very slow at times
    03-04-12 11:01 PM
    No. I feel my PB (including the browser) is snappier under OS 2.0. The browser does take longer to startup, but loads pages a little faster.
    03-04-12 11:04 PM
    yeah i do have keylag sometimes, i think its because of the #rows.., and my browser crashes now also
    03-04-12 11:07 PM
    Browser takes a second or so longer. But for the increased performance, it's worth it. All RIM has to work on is embedded pdf files.
    03-04-12 11:10 PM
    I haven't had a problem I think OS2 is faster in loading and surfing in the browser.. and overall better than OS1.

Op, try deleting/installing your wifi on the PB again, and see if that helps. Just a thought.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-04-12 11:18 PM
    I actually find it better. Especially in the browser things have been cleaned up a lot in terms of inputting text in forms and the handling of dynamic html menus.
    03-04-12 11:24 PM
    I feel the overall speed of my playbook is not what it used to be. The apps take a longer time to load than before. I also question the speed of the browser in terms of filling out text fields it seems to hang for a while before keyboard would come up. It then pauses for the typing to start and then is slow filling in the characters. I'm wondering if others are experiencing the same thing or is my internet connection to blame as it is very slow at times
    I was debating whether to even post about the issues I've noticed and figured i wouldnt, but you hit the nail on the head here. Especially the hanging and the keylag/keyboard lag. Actually, after i hit 'quote' and hit inside the text box to begin typing this response i counted out a three second lag before the keyboard even popped up. Id say this happens a minimum of half the time, prob closer to three quarters, and doesnt matter which keyboard or type of field its going to.

Im not one to pi$$ and moan, and thats not what this is for, its merely stating the facts, there definitely is a difference now, and not for the better. And this is also after a wipe and debrick. I do like 2.0 overall, just saying that the little issues are not exactly easy to miss. Hopefully a future update will take care of things.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    03-05-12 12:18 AM
    Refer to the 3rd line in my signature in regards to PB performance
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 12:20 AM
    My OS2.0 was a bit laggy as well and there were weird bugs (including Docs to Go failing to work after a couple of weeks). I upgraded from Dev Beta OS2.0. I ended up security wiping the device twice (first time, my video chat won't show up), and my PB is very snappy now. Everything works smoothly and quickly.
    03-05-12 12:26 AM
    I'm noticing lag too. Updated to 2.0 after taking it out of the box. This surprised me as I had read it was snappy.
    03-05-12 04:41 AM
    Overall faster.
    Some keyboard lag.
    Android - some take two tries first load. Often very long for first load.
    Other Android load quickly first time - so think problem is in app not PB.
    03-05-12 05:41 AM
    Debrick is the answer.
    03-05-12 05:42 AM
    I feel the same thing. Apple World is not as fast in loading and there are lags in typing. Not to mention that I can't perform any downloads at Apple World due to a constant Install 0007 error.

I STILL LOVE MY PB. I'm sure all these "issues" will go away in a future software upgrade.
    03-05-12 06:05 AM
    No issues here; previous OS provided stellar performance...OS 2.0 is much better, if that's possible.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-05-12 06:09 AM
    If you have OS 2.0 and you are experiencing lag and other performance issues including browser crashing, which I have only seem four times total since buying the PB in Nov. 2011. You should do a security wipe and start from scratch, if that doesn't work call RIM for a replacement. Since installing via wireless update on top of previous OS. I had problems with overall speed of operation, so I did a security wipe and I'm happy to report no problems, with a noticeable increase in performance. When I read some of these post I sometimes think to myself some folks just aren't meant to own and operate electronic devices such as the PB.
    03-05-12 06:32 AM
    I have not noticed any such problems. Quite the opposite. The browser is noticeably faster and stable. No crashes at all since the 2.0 update. The keyboard popped up immediately after tapping this text field.
    Has anyone correlated whether or not this is an issue for those that upgraded from the 2 beta?
    03-05-12 06:44 AM
    I have not noticed any such problems. Quite the opposite. The browser is noticeably faster and stable. No crashes at all since the 2.0 update. The keyboard popped up immediately after tapping this text field.
    Has anyone correlated whether or not this is an issue for those that upgraded from the 2 beta?
    I've not noticed any lag either. All of the functions work as they are intended and I have no issues using my PB. I even noticed the Bridge Browser working faster that previously, and I'm a tad shocked at that because I'm on Sprint, and the CDMA speeds are not gettig any faster.
    03-05-12 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD