Not sure if anyone encountered this but after installing the update my start up time is almost 5 minutes. It stays on the playbook logo for quite long time. Any suggestions?
    02-22-12 03:10 PM
    On the off-hand chance you only checked it once: have you restarted in order to verify you can reproduce it?

Also, what are you timing it from? The time you press the button, or the time you first see the red LED, or first time the logo screen appears?

Also, on or off the charger when you're doing this?
    02-22-12 03:15 PM
    On the off-hand chance you only checked it once: have you restarted in order to verify you can reproduce it?

Also, what are you timing it from? The time you press the button, or the time you first see the red LED, or first time the logo screen appears?

Also, on or off the charger when you're doing this?
    time from pressing the power button to home screen takes longer....much longer. Same goes for restart. so far done couple of shut down reboot. If I try the security wipe will it wipe off all my data and apps that i paid for?
    02-22-12 03:25 PM
    Just tried from powered off.

Elapsed time from pressing Power button:

~15s: screen turned on showing BB logo
    ~55s: spotlight animation begins
    ~180s: restart complete, password dialog showing (since I had a password set)
    golam1 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:25 PM
    time from pressing the power button to home screen takes longer....much longer. Same goes for restart. so far done couple of shut down reboot. If I try the security wipe will it wipe off all my data and apps that i paid for?
    It will wipe your data, yes, but you could back up first.

It will wipe your apps, but all your apps are available for download again in App World. You have an account there which holds your list of apps and lets you download them again any time. You can delete apps you're not using actively (like a big game you're tired of) then install it again later.

There's a small issue possible: with free apps which the author switches to paid, you cannot download the free version again if you uninstall it.

Some people have reported the same thing occurring with paid apps, when the author increases the price, but I don't know whether that's been 100% confirmed yet.
    golam1 likes this.
    02-22-12 03:28 PM
    Just tried from powered off.

Elapsed time from pressing Power button:

~15s: screen turned on showing BB logo
    ~55s: spotlight animation begins
    ~180s: restart complete, password dialog showing (since I had a password set)
    so it takes about 3 min to load.....
    02-22-12 03:29 PM
    It will wipe your data, yes, but you could back up first.

It will wipe your apps, but all your apps are available for download again in App World. You have an account there which holds your list of apps and lets you download them again any time. You can delete apps you're not using actively (like a big game you're tired of) then install it again later.

There's a small issue possible: with free apps which the author switches to paid, you cannot download the free version again if you uninstall it.

Some people have reported the same thing occurring with paid apps, when the author increases the price, but I don't know whether that's been 100% confirmed yet.
    thanks for information...will do a security wipe after a backup.
    02-22-12 03:32 PM
    Mine is doing this too............anywhere from 3-5 min to start from when I turn it on. Always off the charger and I don't have any weird apps or leaked anything on it. It is definitely slower since OS2.
    03-09-12 02:07 PM
    I just got my playbook and can't compare to OS 1 as I have never run it. I did notice slow startup time with OS2 though. I was having another issue that required doing a hard reset. After doing the startup time seems to have dramatically improved.
    03-09-12 02:16 PM
    I just bought it as well with OS2 already installed. My restart times are consistently 120-160 seconds from the time I press the button to my password screen when it is not being charged. Once I enter my password it instantly goes to the main screen. This is my first balckberry product but thought it might be a bit long starting up. I've only added two games and two apps besides what comes on it out of the box.

should i be concerned?
    03-21-12 07:55 PM
    3-5 min is a norm start up for pb even when u lotsa apps. I nver shut mine off. I just let it do sleep mode.
    03-21-12 08:03 PM
    3-5 min is a norm start up for pb even when u lotsa apps. I nver shut mine off. I just let it do sleep mode.
    ^^^ This.

I baven't rebooted for days.
    03-21-12 08:48 PM
    I tried a hard re-set, twice, and it's still painfully slow starting................does anyone have a fix for this?
    03-21-12 09:20 PM
    For start up to be faster? I don't think there is any fix for that. Just don't reboot as much. I hardly need to reboot or shutdown pb. Maybe once a week.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-21-12 09:28 PM
    guys startup in playbook is not an issue, the system design to behave like that for securiy purpose, to avoid any problem related to boot up, I don't turn off my PB, unless I need too.
    Zwickliffe likes this.
    03-21-12 09:35 PM
    It takes my PlayBook a whopping 3 min and 10 seconds to reboot from a Hard Reset which I rarely do (don't really have to). I remember the "OLD" 8330 use to take 5+ min to reboot. I use STANDBY...no need to turn the PlayBook off
    03-21-12 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD