i heard i can get the new update but when i try it says i have the newest
    02-02-12 07:18 PM
    What version are you running? If you are talking about the official OS 2.0, it has not been released yet.
    02-02-12 07:20 PM
    Its coming out in February, yes, but not expected until later this month.. Keep checking the site, it will post when the new OS is out.

And next time It would be wise to use the search function to see if the topic has been discussed.
    02-02-12 07:20 PM
    February 17th see the magic day for OS 2.0. Confirmed to me by a RIM employee today!
    02-02-12 10:02 PM
    February 17th see the magic day for OS 2.0. Confirmed to me by a RIM employee today!
    Can you confirm that confirmation so that it can be just a little confirm-ier?
    02-02-12 11:16 PM
    if i ask rim to be my valentine, do you think there's a chance they'll give it up to me on the 14th???
    02-02-12 11:22 PM
    Can you confirm that confirmation so that it can be just a little confirm-ier?
    Sure - friend of mine who works in sales at RIM (Toronto) confirmed in an email today that the release is scheduled for the 17th. Exact words were:

'you will like the 2.0 improvements for your Playbook, the upgrade should be available February 17th.'

Not the first time this date has been mentioned, but to hear it from a RIM employee gives it some street cred!
    02-03-12 12:34 AM
    i heard i can get the new update but when i try it says i have the newest
    There is a Dev vs of the OS 2.0 that you can currently download. That's probably what you keep hearing people talking about.
    02-03-12 12:38 AM
    Sure - friend of mine who works in sales at RIM (Toronto) confirmed in an email today that the release is scheduled for the 17th. Exact words were:

'you will like the 2.0 improvements for your Playbook, the upgrade should be available February 17th.'

Not the first time this date has been mentioned, but to hear it from a RIM employee gives it some street cred!
    "Should" be available...sure, okay, whatever...I'll believe it when I see it. However, aren't most software releases done on Tuesdays? It seems odd to me that they would release on Friday when they can expect lots of people having problems on the weekend.

Oh well, it's as good a guess as any. My guess is Feb 21 [cause I'm leaving on vacation on the 25th and I'd like to have it before I need to depend on a Mexican resort wifi to download OS 2.0...]
    02-03-12 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD