Hi guys,
    These problems i never had until the os update this week.
    Wifi constantly dropping
    Browser freezing before fully loading a page, like the blue arrow stops halfway.
    Browser just disappearing, pooff.
    Bing maps unable to find my location.
    Camera not able to find my location.

Im not making a rant of it, just that the previous OS seemed to me to be more stable.
    Seems like one step forward two steps back. Feel free to add any issues you may be having.
    Another little annoyance is in wifi settings, if i select saved networks only, it sbould stay like that, im always having to reselect that, even before the update .
    Cheers
    08-05-12 12:04 PM
    Did you reboot after the .668 update? That may solve some of your issues.

And RIM did take down the update due to some kind of issue, and suggested to down grade back to the privious version through DeskTop Software.
    plh121 likes this.
    08-05-12 12:08 PM
    Read many of the complaints.... Did hard reboot on my Playbook... not issues whatsoever.... There must be some serious issues however if RIM pulled the update.....
    08-05-12 12:12 PM
    Did you reboot after the .668 update? That may solve some of your issues.

And RIM did take down the update due to some kind of issue, and suggested to down grade back to the privious version through DeskTop Software.
    So that's why DM was giving me .358...
    08-05-12 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply, i did hard reboot the pb, where was the information from RIM to downgrade? I never got it, ive been signed up with them for email notifications but dont ever receive them . Lol,
    08-05-12 12:24 PM
    The suggestion to downgrade was given to another poster when they called support.
    It obviously was true, as it no longer is available.
    08-05-12 12:30 PM
    Pathetic that RIM cannot even be successfull in doing a minor update!
    Last edited by rcm1301; 08-05-12 at 02:17 PM.
    dave_h_946 likes this.
    08-05-12 01:08 PM
    This latest PlayBook update (668) has caused problems on many levels. I'm wondering why some PlayBooks were affected and some were not. The update was pulled for some reason which leads me to believe that it wasn't ready to be released. By keeping .668 on my PlayBook is it doing more harm than good or should I revert back to .358? My PlayBook is running great on the outside, but what's going on inside?
    08-05-12 01:11 PM
    I think you are right spencerdl, it was released in error from RIM. It was to address the vulnerability of the Adobe Flash issue. The link to the BB Support page is in one of these forums, and I didn't save it to post here.

I see no problem in keeping this upgrade, as I have not experienced any issues with heating, or battery drain, as other posters have had.

EDIT: From Bla1ze..

Last edited by jafobabe; 08-05-12 at 01:44 PM.
    Buck2245 and Earl_3 like this.
    08-05-12 01:38 PM
    With this new os my battery lasts longer than before.
    Last edited by juacas; 08-09-12 at 03:24 PM.
    Hawnz likes this.
    08-05-12 02:16 PM
    Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version without desktop, I have no access to a pc at this time and my play book keeps shutting down randomly.
    08-05-12 02:32 PM
    Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version without desktop, I have no access to a pc at this time and my play book keeps shutting down randomly.
    Well, you could try a security wipe, the device will check for updates during the setup and since .668 was pulled out, it just may try to reinstall .358.

May being the stress point though.
    08-05-12 02:51 PM
    Thanks diegonei.
    I guess I'll just put up with it for now. Sooner or later I'll get to a pc or rim will fix it, "may" fix it
    08-05-12 03:18 PM
    I'm still on 2.1 its been pretty good to me since being released. Keyboard lag here and there but that's about it. I guess I'm just lucky?
    Stewartj1, jplo2113 and drmike like this.
    08-05-12 03:19 PM
    With this new is my battery lasts longer than before.
    Mine does too. The browser has closed once by itself since the update too.
    Last edited by Hawnz; 08-05-12 at 03:48 PM.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    08-05-12 03:45 PM
    With this new is my battery lasts longer than before.
    Mine too. Seems to be at least as good as the previous version.
    08-05-12 03:52 PM
    I had a minor issue accessing email (a problem that's been around before the update for me. . . but after a reset everything has been fine. . .
    08-05-12 04:46 PM
    I have an issue with the Gmail exchange account. Out of the blue comes the password prompt and even though I type in my password correctly, it keeps popping up every few seconds. Now if I just hit save without putting in the password, the prompts stop, but it won't exchange emails and calender data anymore.
    A reboot and hard reset don't help. The only way to solve this is to log into Google and change my password, and then save the new password on the PB. Then it works fine for a day or two and then the crap starts over eventually.
    There is a way to induce this bug at will. Go to your Gmail account on the PB and hit save without changing a thing. Wait a few seconds and the prompt for the password comes up.
    Then the only way to get it working again is to change your password online first. Works every time. I tried that and I had to change my password 10 times in a day.
    That update changed more than just the flash player.
    08-05-12 04:50 PM
    Well, you could try a security wipe, the device will check for updates during the setup and since .668 was pulled out, it just may try to reinstall .358.

May being the stress point though.
    I have done this ...... if you do a security wipe in .668 it will reload to version 358.

After the 2.0.1.668 update DM correctly reported 2.0.1 668 then RIM must have recalled the update as some have reported, DM then was reporting version 1.0 and wanted to do a 2.0.1.358 update.
    08-05-12 04:57 PM
    Gee, my .668 update has been working perfectly well.

Interesting to read all this stuff re the OS update being pulled, and issues others are having.

I guess it's just that we all use it differently, and have different things loaded ...... otherwise hard to fathom how come it's ok for some and not for others, eh.

I don't side load for example, nor have I run the beta OS - but there'd be heaps more I don't do that others do, so all these individual differences must make a difference some how or else we'd all get the same probs with .668.

I suppose there are many many aspects of the PB I don't use regularly, or at all - but I do use it every day, and turn it off and on probably 3 or 4 times a day.
    08-05-12 06:54 PM
    Since upgrading to 2.0.1 bundle 668, I have had no problems! I have noticed that my wi-fi signal has greatly improved! Nothing has changed but the OS upgrade. Went from 2 bars to 4 bars! Don't know if this is a fluke or not, but it is welcome.
    rexrim likes this.
    08-05-12 07:00 PM
    I had horrible lags on .358 which .688 made signicantly less. I haven't noticed any issues with this update... Atleast not yet.
    08-05-12 07:49 PM
    Echo Heaven1- exactly. No issues here and it seems faster overall.
    08-05-12 08:17 PM
    Gee, my .668 update has been working perfectly well.

Interesting to read all this stuff re the OS update being pulled, and issues others are having.

I guess it's just that we all use it differently, and have different things loaded ...... otherwise hard to fathom how come it's ok for some and not for others, eh.
    but we are supposedly use it differently, we use laptop differently,IPAD differently and Samsung differently. it might not be ok for some and not for others, it probably is worse for some and bad for others. just whether you have that particular situation to find those issues. if it is ok in general for most people without sever problem, RIM wouldn't pull back release, they can release a fix later,right?
    Last edited by smartie88; 08-05-12 at 09:11 PM.
    08-05-12 08:32 PM
    No problems here.
    08-05-12 08:45 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD