So in my other thread, I have discussed how I have been having trouble with the bridge following the 1.0.7 update. The notifications all work and I can now see and open files on my phone's SD card but I cannot open any emails, calendar, contacts, memo pad on the PB. I just spent a few minutes with BB support and they informed me that this is is a known issue and they just pulled the OS update to limit the problem for others. As of now, they do not know when they will have it fixed but told me that it should be within a week. A WEEK!? There is no way for them to put me back on the older software to restore functionality until they get the fix so I am SOL for now.

UGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I guess it is back to hitting the "check for updates" every 10 minutes. I thought those days were behind us.

Kurt
    07-19-11 01:48 PM
    Funny. I just installed the update half an hour ago, and all my bridge stuff is working as before.

In fact, and I haven't had time to dig deeply, I can't see any changes at all yet.
    07-19-11 01:53 PM
    I have been using all my bridge functionality since early this morning and it has been very smooth.
    07-19-11 01:56 PM
    That explains why I haven't been able to update. Good to know, and thanks for confirming that the udpate 1.07 is no longer available.
    diruocco likes this.
    07-19-11 01:57 PM
    You can put the older version back on, support to me how. You just turn your playbook off. Plug it into the computer. Run desktop software. It will come up and ask if you want to "upgrade" back to the older version. Just install the older version. It will no longer show the new version as available, so when it shows it again, it should be fine.
    07-19-11 02:01 PM
    so what does that mean now?
    Do you think either blackberry or Rim is taking it off because it was a fail and will come back with a new one shortly? whats the deal?
    07-19-11 02:04 PM
    I think it caused too many problems for too many people. They said they were pulling it for a "few days" to fix the problems and then would release it again. It is like they didn't both to test the update properly before releasing it.
    07-19-11 02:12 PM
    Working fine here!
    07-19-11 02:14 PM
    I think it caused too many problems for too many people. They said they were pulling it for a "few days" to fix the problems and then would release it again. It is like they didn't both to test the update properly before releasing it.
    Be warned of rim's loose use of time terminology. "60 days" means more than ninety, you can bed "a few days" is more than a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 02:15 PM
    Second bogus update in three tries.... all to add lower grade functions while the key stuff everyone wants and expects languishes, market cap tanks, and staff gets laid off.

Good times.
    07-19-11 02:17 PM
    I won't call it a bogus update.

RIM botched the last update when they updated AIR from 2.5 to 2.7 --- bringing a lot of API changes and affecting the 3000 third party apps. Unfortunately, bugs in 1.0.6 meant that it was breaking a lot of apps (like Dillo Hills).

1.0.7 is a BIG update that it fixes all these AIR bugs that affect all the third party apps.
    07-19-11 02:26 PM
    I was wondering why all of a sudden I could not find the update. I had tried downloading it 4 times and it failed to complete. The 5th time it was making progress when the update was pulled and I started getting the message that I had the latest version. The updated bridge (OTA) is working ok.
    07-19-11 02:28 PM
    Any update that gets pulled is bogus... I'd use more appropriate terms, but this quaint little place will replace it with asterisks.
    07-19-11 02:28 PM
    Good to know. I was wondering why I can't update.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    07-19-11 02:29 PM
    I've just about lost all confidence in RIM at this point.
    rutabox and whackamac like this.
    I won't call it a bogus update.

RIM botched the last update when they updated AIR from 2.5 to 2.7 --- bringing a lot of API changes and affecting the 3000 third party apps. Unfortunately, bugs in 1.0.6 meant that it was breaking a lot of apps (like Dillo Hills).

1.0.7 is a BIG update that it fixes all these AIR bugs that affect all the third party apps.
    This is not "BIG" or "big" and is in fact, at present, non-existent.. i.e. BOGUS.
    I've turned mine off for now and will try again in a couple months or so. Not worth trying to sell it because no one is going to pay squat for it at this point. It's good hardware, now if only someone can get some good software done for it we may have something... No faith in RIM programmers at this point. :>(
    07-19-11 02:34 PM
    RIM should really utilize the Betazone for PB OS testing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 02:35 PM
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!

RIM, oh RIM....

Why doeth this to your loyal followers?

Hath thou no shame no more??
    07-19-11 02:35 PM
    I have been seeing the benefits and improvements brought by this update for eight hours. Is this Stormgate 2.0? (the user being the problem rather than the device).

And as has been said, if you have a BB why be so bothered about native email?
    If you dont have a BB then you should have done more research if it's that much of a killer!

//posted from my Playbook with love
    blackberry-pimp likes this.
    07-19-11 02:39 PM
    RIM should really utilize the Betazone for PB OS testing.
    They did that once, supposedly, with a very select group for a past build, but I wholeheartedly agree! RIM has an amazing group of folks over at the BETAzone who would be more than happy--and willing--to run updates through the ringer to ensure things like this were caught and fixed beforehand.
    07-19-11 02:40 PM
    the playbook is a great piece of hardware thats been compromised by a company that isnt fit for the world if today. Mike did great, Jim is a goon.
    last night when i was hitting check for update i was thinking "this is as good as it gets" because then i didn't know that the update would be essentially unoticable unless youre one of those whose phone it messed up.
    07-19-11 02:41 PM
    So glad I left it alone...Everythings working fine here.....
    07-19-11 02:42 PM
    I don't think RIM pulled the OS but they did tweet this.

Some users were experiencing issues with Bridge & 1.0.7. We expect to release an update with a fix later this week.
    Twitter
    07-19-11 02:51 PM
    They did that once, supposedly, with a very select group for a past build, but I wholeheartedly agree! RIM has an amazing group of folks over at the BETAzone who would be more than happy--and willing--to run updates through the ringer to ensure things like this were caught and fixed beforehand.
    I agree some of us are willing to be tester and understand the risk, and even enjoy the process of seeing a beta software become good. Can't wait for them to do more beta testing in BETA zone.
    07-19-11 02:55 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD