I am generally pleased with Origami, but for some unknown reason I have not been able to watch the free movies on Crackle.com with Origami as my browser.
    Other browsers on my Playbook have allowed me to view the free movies on Crackle.
    Would anyone know why I wouldn't be able to watch them using Origami? (I have disabled the Booster mode.)
    07-30-13 08:21 AM
    You might try SMPL Browser, or Secure Browser, both allow you to emulate other browsers and trying different options SHOULD get it to work. Does Origami do this? It would be labeled as UA, or User Agents, most likely. Try firefox, iPad, IE etc.
    07-30-13 08:26 AM
    Excellent suggestion, which I will attempt. The default User Agent on Origami is Nexus 7, which the Developer says is recommended, but I am not sure why he would recommend Nexus 7 over the others you mention such as Firefox, iPad, or IE. Perhaps you or someone else knows why?

Just checked the scroll down list on Origami for User Agents and included are:
    Nexus 7 (recommended)
    Nexus 4
    Z10
    Playbook
    Kindle Fire
    iPad
    iPhone
    Custom

And in Desktop Mode, we have

Chrome (recommended)
    Firefox
    Safari
    Opera
    IE 10
    Custom
    07-30-13 08:35 AM
    Do you have the ad blocker on? If so, try disabling that.
    07-30-13 09:21 AM
    Yes, I tried disabling ad blocker, but still did not work. Crackle does play movies on my Playbook, however, using the Simple Browser for some unknown reason, but not with my favorite Origami Browser. It also seems to work most of the time using the Fast Browser.
    07-30-13 10:01 AM
    Yes, I tried disabling ad blocker, but still did not work. Crackle does play movies on my Playbook, however, using the Simple Browser for some unknown reason, but not with my favorite Origami Browser. It also seems to work most of the time using the Fast Browser.
    Yes, try turning on desktop mode and choose Firefox as UA. I haven't tried it yet but don't have my PB with me.
    07-30-13 10:08 AM
    Yes, I got it to work using Firefox as the user agent in desktop mode with private, adblock, and booster turned off. Thanks for your input.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-13 10:53 AM
    Yes, I got it to work using Firefox as the user agent in desktop mode with private, adblock, and booster turned off. Thanks for your input.
    I have found that for the best Crackle experience on the PlayBook you should use Fast Browser with the highest ad block setting and Firefox as the user agent. Not only does this work well but you get to watch the movie completely ad free. You can't beat that!
    Aek29 likes this.
    07-30-13 05:11 PM
    I have found that for the best Crackle experience on the PlayBook you should use Fast Browser with the highest ad block setting and Firefox as the user agent. Not only does this work well but you get to watch the movie completely ad free. You can't beat that!
    UPDATE - To be fair I installed Origami and gave it a try. After much more effort I was able to get Crackle to play a movie but only with ad block disabled. I also found it to be much slower by comparison to Fast Browser. I will do some more testing with it, however this initial testing seems to reinforce my thoughts of Fast Browser being the better choice for viewing movies on Crackle for the previously stated reasons.
    07-30-13 07:45 PM
    OK, thanks for your suggestion, I will try out Fast Browser with the highest ad block setting and Firefox as the user agent. Also, let us know after you've done some more testing in case you find different results. Thanks.
    07-31-13 06:31 AM
    Is there a chance the browser can play movies from HBO GO? Lost capabilities this past week with the PlayBook browser. I use to just go to its website, sign in and it was all good. I'm thinking maybe this Flash update, could have messed it up.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 01:59 PM
    I sideloaded the version on Goodereader and it worked like a charm!
    09-11-13 02:10 PM
    I couldn't find a BAR file on goodreader for the PlayBook. I only saw the one strictly for Android. Unless that's the one you used. Last night was first time I ever dealt with converting apps. I just downloaded the DDPB app from them and followed instructions.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:16 PM
    Is there a chance the browser can play movies from HBO GO? Lost capabilities this past week with the PlayBook browser. I use to just go to its website, sign in and it was all good. I'm thinking maybe this Flash update, could have messed it up.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about HBO2go but I got crackle to work again after clearing the local files and browser cache. This seemed to work for native browser. Origami still wouldn't work. I have no problems viewing Crackle on Fast Browser though. The native browser still seems to be finicky as it does not consistently work with Crackle. This leads me to believe the browser is more the issue than Flash.
    Last edited by taz68; 09-12-13 at 12:36 AM.
    09-12-13 12:09 AM
    Tube plus isn't working for me now. Pop up windows open and then close immediately and I am back to the home page if I try to change the default stream site for any episode.
    09-12-13 06:32 AM
    I couldn't find a BAR file on goodreader for the PlayBook. I only saw the one strictly for Android. Unless that's the one you used. Last night was first time I ever dealt with converting apps. I just downloaded the DDPB app from them and followed instructions.

Posted via CB10
    It's supposed to be here:

Crackle for Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Audio and Video Apps

For whatever reason, it's not appearing. However, if you search it on the Goodereader App Store app on your PB, the full description and BAR file download link appears.
    09-12-13 06:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    I found the HBO Go .apk file on Goodereader last night, converted it to a .bar file using their convert program, and then sideloaded it. It loaded, allowed me to sign-in, gave me the HBO home screens etc., and let me select a program. However, it then crashed and closed the program. I tried it a couple of more times with the same result.

I also bought Fast Browser from BB World, and tried working with that, but no luck with either HBO (web site version) or MLB TV, although that site did still provide some choppy video. I then read from a web site the details of the security fixes to Flash that came with the recent PB update. I'm certainly not a technical expert, but I'm guessing that in some manner, these fixes may have caused many of these former "work-arounds" to stop working.

I'd welcome any suggestions too.
    09-12-13 09:27 AM
    I tried and tried and couldn't get that version to work for me. The only option for crackle that worked for me is what taz68 suggested above, Fast Browser with the highest ad block setting, Firefox as the user agent and fast browsing turned off.
    09-12-13 01:16 PM
    I tried and tried and couldn't get that version to work for me. The only option for crackle that worked for me is what taz68 suggested above, Fast Browser with the highest ad block setting, Firefox as the user agent and fast browsing turned off.
    Strange. Works nicely here. The only quirk is that, when the splash screen opens, the app window will zoom out/minimize/goes to the background or whatever. I just press the window to bring it to the foreground again and it continues to load. Videos play fine.
    09-12-13 01:24 PM
    Another caveat to the sideloaded app: it won't work if you set app behavior on the PB to "pause". Use "showcase" instead and Android Crackle will work fine.
    Aek29 likes this.
    09-12-13 04:02 PM
    Another caveat to the sideloaded app: it won't work if you set app behavior on the PB to "pause". Use "showcase" instead and Android Crackle will work fine.
    Bingo!! I had mine set to "pause". I changed it to "showcase" and it loaded just fine. Thanks tons!!
    09-12-13 05:44 PM