Like many, I have been complaining about the inability to organize bookmarks in the Playbook Browser. But then I realized that 2.0's UI solves this for me. With 2.0, you have the ability to a) make tabs, b) make and name folders, and c) save bookmarks as either bookmarks within the browser or as icons on your main tab.

Prior to 2.0, there were a limited number of tabs with fixed names and none of the tabs made any sense to use just for bookmarks. But with 2.0, I created a new tab that I use just for bookmarks.

I opened my browser, and opened up each bookmark that I had in the browser. Then for each page that opens, I select save bookmark as icon, and it's saved to my desktop. I did this for every bookmark that I had in my browser (about 50).

Then I went to my main tab, scrolled down, dragged one bookmark onto another to create a folder, and named the folder 'bookmarks'. I then dragged each bookmark onto this folder to move them in. When I had all of the bookmarks in the folder, I dragged it into the bookmark tab. Then, in the 'bookmark' tab, I delted the folder. All the bookmarks in it are now in my bookmark tab - much easier than moving them across tabs one-by-one.

Then I organized my bookmark by folder by grouping like bookmarks in respective folders. Having this setup, when I save the bookmark, the icon saves to my main tab. I drag it to the bookmark tab and drag the icon into whatever folder it belongs in.

This helps me keep my bookmarks organized. And I perfer to swipe and tap through a screen tab than navigate the browser's bookmarks. After getting all my informational site bookmarks out of the browser bookmarks and organized into their own folder, my bookmark tab in the browser is down to barebones bookmarks like crackberry, google, facebook, twitter, ebay, and a few others. This way, when I open a new browser, I use the large icon view and don't have to scroll the page to see all of the bookmarks. If there's anything more specific I want to see, I go to my 'bookmarks' folder. When I click the icon, it opens a new browser tab for me. And with OS 2.0, navigation between the browser and the desktop is very fluid, so the UI changes/enhancements provided a solution to a much complained about problem.
    03-31-12 01:04 AM
    I'm new to the PlayBook so be patient........what are these tabs you speak of? I have tabs in the browser...but if that's what you're talking about then it feels like thus process is a bit pointless? What am I missing here?

Cheers
    03-31-12 04:55 AM
    I'm new to the PlayBook so be patient........what are these tabs you speak of? I have tabs in the browser...but if that's what you're talking about then it feels like thus process is a bit pointless? What am I missing here?

Cheers
    By tab, he means swiping to the left or right on your main home screen, I believe.
    03-31-12 04:59 AM
    Yes, he means swiping left or right on the home screen, not the browser. You can set up an unlimited number of tabs on your home screen and segregate your icons however you wish. Tap and hold on an icon until it starts pulsing, then drag it off the right side of the screen. This moves it to the next tab, or will create a new tab if no current tab is present. It really give you a lot of flexibility in organizing your Playbook to suit your needs. For instance, I've got all my work related apps on the first two tabs, music and video apps on a third tab, games on a fourth tab, and apps I only use occasionally on a fifth tab. Really makes things easy.
    03-31-12 09:55 AM
    I started organizing my bookmarks this way since the introduction of 2.0. It worked like a charm. I set up a couple of different folders. One for personal the other for work.
    But since the latest update the bookmark to home screen seems to be broken.
    After going through the same steps I've done many, many times the bookmark isn't being saved to the home screen.
    I have cleared the cache and also re-booted. Still not saving.
    Has anyone else noticed this happening to them?

Thanks
    04-21-12 07:35 AM
    I use Google Bookmarks for mine.

I made it my open page and have all my bookmarks available.

https://www.google.com/bookmarks
    Last edited by EdS817; 04-21-12 at 07:55 AM.
    04-21-12 07:53 AM
    is it possible to change the icon for home page bookmarks?
    04-21-12 08:01 AM
    is it possible to change the icon for home page bookmarks?
    As far as I know, at present, there is no way to change the icon.

EdS817 -
    Thanks for the google bookmarks suggestion. My preference though is to keep doing it as I have been.

I'm just wondering if anyone else doing their bookmarking by sending the link to the home screen has been experiencing the same problem? And, like me, have only started seeing it since the last update.
    04-21-12 10:43 AM
    Saving the bookmark to the home screen is working for me since the last update. Not sure why it's not for you.
    04-21-12 11:11 AM
    Ok, oldish thread but I don't like starting new ones when there is already one going. However, the title and the subject matter don't seem to be matching up for me here.

I'm trying to find out if I can organise web bookmarks in to sub folders or something like that. This thread seems to be talking about the PB home screen. Can anyone enlighten me?

Something I would like to be able to do would be bookmark some favourite radio stations like BBC Radio 4 and 6 so that I can get to them nice and easy.

And, in the web browser, what is the rectangle icon just to the left of the address bar?

Muchas Gracias!
    01-05-13 06:33 PM
    Ok, oldish thread but I don't like starting new ones when there is already one going. However, the title and the subject matter don't seem to be matching up for me here.

I'm trying to find out if I can organise web bookmarks in to sub folders or something like that. This thread seems to be talking about the PB home screen. Can anyone enlighten me?

Something I would like to be able to do would be bookmark some favourite radio stations like BBC Radio 4 and 6 so that I can get to them nice and easy.

And, in the web browser, what is the rectangle icon just to the left of the address bar?

Muchas Gracias!
    De nada amigo
    01-05-13 06:38 PM

It tells you how many tabs you're running.
    01-05-13 06:47 PM
    Yeah the first post confused me but I just worked out what I was wondering after reading Patrick's post here;

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...o-easy-760841/

I hadn't realised that when you save a bookmark in the web browser it gives you the option to send to home screen. I now understand everything and can also get to work saving some bookmarks
    01-05-13 06:52 PM
    Yeah the first post confused me but I just worked out what I was wondering after reading Patrick's post here;

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...o-easy-760841/

I hadn't realised that when you save a bookmark in the web browser it gives you the option to send to home screen. I now understand everything and can also get to work saving some bookmarks
    Glad you figured it out! I was just about to type out a reply and now I don't have to.
    01-06-13 11:12 AM
    I just have 5 major folders created on my main page for url's. I have Finance, Bills, Games, School and Other url folders. I actually have everything grouped on the first page in folders and don't have a need to use the tabs.
    01-06-13 11:59 AM
    Thank you so much for this awesome tip! I've been wondering how to keep my work and personal bookmarks separated as colleagues don't need to see my personal stuff while I'm trying to find the right bookmark. This is great! My main bookmarks in browser are all work related but all the rest are now neatly sub categorized.
    02-11-13 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD