hi guys!
    so i was looking at the staples and bestbuy pages and i couldn't find it anywhere that they would ship internationally so my 2 questions:
    how and where can i order a PB online and have it shipped to europe?
    and should it bother me that it is from the us? i assume as long as it isn't locked which would make no sense, i shouldn't care and i'll probably be able to use it normally. am i getting something wrong? yeah well paying around 150usd for taxes would bother me but i don't want to wait for another few months, we've all waited long enough..
    so i would appreciate any help to finally pre-order it!!! yay!!!
    thanks!! xx
    03-23-11 01:54 PM
    I have heard on this forum that people have found sites that will ship international. I think it is going to be very hard. You could try ebay or maybe have someone in the US get you one and ship it to you. Good luck!!
    03-23-11 02:22 PM
    oh no.... i actually don't really trust ebay on such a thing worth 600$ that's why i wanted it from an actual store.. that's so not fair that we have to wait that much longer for it ;( thanks anyway for your answer!
    03-23-11 02:31 PM
    oh no.... i actually don't really trust ebay on such a thing worth 600$ that's why i wanted it from an actual store.. that's so not fair that we have to wait that much longer for it ;( thanks anyway for your answer!
    I have purchased items on ebay over $1000, as long as you use paypal and purchase from someone with a good history I have never had a problem. Wish you the best of luck. I pre ordered mine and can not wait to get it.
    03-23-11 03:12 PM
    lucky you yeah well on ebay are only like 10 items and the prices are soo much higher in $ than in the us and i also have to pay taxes so if i pay 700$+50$ shipping+around 150$ taxes that's just soo much more than the original price..
    oh well i still hope that there is another way to get is... :S
    anyway, have fun with it
    03-23-11 03:15 PM
    why are taxes so high? Can you find someone in the US to purchase one for you and send it to you. Would you still have to pay taxes?
    03-23-11 03:20 PM
    i've used shipito.com to ship things from the US to Canada.
    03-23-11 03:21 PM
    i have no idea. i just ordered a bb torch a month ago and had to pay 110€ when i got it and i didn't even know anything about it. no, unfortunately i have no one in the us but maybe there will be some more on ebay during the next weeks and so i have more to choose from.. i think it's not clever of RIM not to ship any abroad but oh well ....
    03-23-11 03:26 PM
    Maybe this is way of a long shot, but couldn't you have it shipped to a UPS or Fedex store and then for them to ship it out to Austria? Im just brain storming here.
    03-23-11 03:27 PM
    i have no idea mostly because i don't know what possibilities i have in the us... i'm just looking at the site barrist posted shipito.com. it sounds pretty good but i'm not sure it works and if not i have no idea who to contact and who can help so that's mostly why i'm hesitating... :S but i'll take a look at the fedex site, thanks for the clue
    03-23-11 03:36 PM
    and i guess by the time the package would finally be here with me, i could get it from ebay. i hope that after the release around april 20th there will be a lot of them on ebay...
    03-23-11 03:38 PM
    and i guess by the time the package would finally be here with me, i could get it from ebay. i hope that after the release around april 20th there will be a lot of them on ebay...
    If you buy it from ebay, be ready to pay premium for it. Most of those early listings will be catered to the international buyers.
    03-23-11 03:40 PM
    i meant to buy if after the release therefore it won't be an early listing anymore..
    03-23-11 03:44 PM
    i have no idea mostly because i don't know what possibilities i have in the us... i'm just looking at the site barrist posted shipito.com. it sounds pretty good but i'm not sure it works and if not i have no idea who to contact and who can help so that's mostly why i'm hesitating... :S but i'll take a look at the fedex site, thanks for the clue
    USA Address & Mail Forwarding

laid out pretty plainly here how it works.

you pay shipito a fee ($8.50 i believe) to set up your account. the $8.50 covers your first package.

then you basically order the PB from a US site, and have it shipped to shipito's receiving warehouse. when you set up an account you get your own "suite #" so your address that you enter would be shipito's + your individual suite #.

shipito will let you know when they receive it and you can then tell them to ship it to you in Austria. you pay the shipping fee (you can calculate this with their calculator).

it worked great for me, but im in canada so it may be a different experience for overseas users.
    NinjaBread likes this.
    03-23-11 03:44 PM
    I looked on ebay and show a 32GB for $899 and a 64GB for $1099 both of the listings would ship international and had the make me an offer as well. Maybe you can pick one up for a smaller premium. Just a thought.
    03-23-11 03:45 PM
    yeah that's what i meant. i wanted the 16gb anyway and there aren't that many. oh well i think the only way is to have it shipped to a box like on the site or with fedex somehow. thank you guys for your answers and enjoy yours! xx
    03-23-11 03:52 PM
    i meant to buy if after the release therefore it won't be an early listing anymore..
    Still, you see people in the US would not pay more than they can buy it at retail, i mean unless you're too dumb or there's zero supply and you want to pay more in order to get one. So international people will end up paying more just to get it 3+ months early even after release.
    03-23-11 03:54 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/ho...europe-596624/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 04:23 PM
    klingt plausibel, habe in etwa so viel auch f�rs torch aus amerika gezahlt.. hast du es schon gekauft??
    ps: danke f�r den link!
    03-23-11 04:41 PM
    yeah that's what i meant. i wanted the 16gb anyway and there aren't that many. oh well i think the only way is to have it shipped to a box like on the site or with fedex somehow. thank you guys for your answers and enjoy yours! xx
    Hi you could use a site called USUNLOCKED. They are very good and you buy playbook through their discover card and then its shipped to their address and then sent to you via fedex. Worth looking at and better prices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-11 06:14 PM
    barrist, any idea how to get around the whole billing address and telephone number needing to match the one on the credit card?

Used your advice, signed up to Shipito and pre-ordered through Staples. Had the confirmation email in hand but the phone number I entered has to be a US number. Seeing as I am in Australia and my mobile number is the only one I have it doesn't look like I can complete the order.
    03-23-11 06:38 PM
    ah good question.

when i did it, it was an ebay order so it didn't care if my phone number was canadian.

shipito also has an 'assisted purchase' service where they purchase the item on your behalf. unfortunately i think it costs an extra $8.50 on top of the original sign up fee.
    03-23-11 06:50 PM
    Yeah I checked out the assisted purchase but they also charge an 8% commission on the price of the purchase as well.

Will keep an eye on Sears and Shopblackberry.com since they ship overseas and see what turns out to be cheapest. That or wait another eternity for the PlayBook to launch in Australia!

Thanks for the help.
    03-23-11 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD