Ever since I updated to 2.0.1.358 Orb has not been working right for me. I primarily use Orb to stream music but it takes for ever to load a song now and once it does it gets only about 10 second then has to load again and takes forever. Once it loads that second time it again only loads another 10 seconds. Do I need to forward a port or something on my router?
    05-18-12 09:57 AM
    In the settings tab, set the speed to "Use Speed Test". Also unde the "Stream" tab in settings, set it to Flash. By using the Speed Test setting it helps to correct fluctuating speeds for wifi and mobile data.
    05-18-12 11:03 AM
    No difference.

Switching to mobile view and running the speed test i get 82kb/s. Something really seems wrong with that.
    05-18-12 04:17 PM
    Well after allowing the IP of my playbook on my firewall and forwarding the proper ports I get a better speed at around 1,200kb/s but the problem still remains........
    05-18-12 04:49 PM
    Have you checked that you have the latest version of Orb on your PC? It sounds like your source PC isn't buffering properly. It's either that or one of ISP's is blocking you from streaming. Try streaming videos on your PlayBook from another source and see if you get the same problem. From something like Youtube or projectfreetv. If you have problems stream from either of those it's probably your ISP.
    05-19-12 08:58 PM
    The youtube app and the youtube website work no problem. Projectfreetv doesn't seem to be working though. I have the latest version of orb on my computer. It was upgraded shortly after i updated the playbook OS. Fine it odd that it would be my ISP since this happened right after i updated the OS.

Edit: the video i picked on projectfreetv ended up not being found.
    Last edited by superjoe95; 05-21-12 at 08:51 AM.
    05-21-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD