06-15-11 07:30 PM
    In America there are no bigger legions than the idolators that worship Jobs and Oprah. Holland, you just got "OWN"ed.
    rjkolo likes this.
    06-15-11 07:40 PM
    Wow this is huge ! Anything Oprah likes people follow in masses ( Dr Phil to Dr Oz Obama... ad infinitum) Did she give them away for free? Maybe she ran out of free cars to give away...
    06-15-11 07:44 PM
    That is actually a big deal. I'm surprised but happy to hear it. Good news, I had forgotten it was an option.
    06-15-11 07:56 PM
    This blogger says he " heard it on the street" that "the Ope" endorsed playbook on Oprah network. Couldnt the blogger confirm this if she did?

Ah, the internet! Impeccible jounalistic source checking..
    06-15-11 08:05 PM
    Yeah she is promoting the playbook. Let just hope she promotes it better than she promotes SiriusXM. Time will tell. So far SiriusXM is probably the only thing that she has touched that has NOT turned to gold.
    06-15-11 08:43 PM
    Was anyone watching the republican debate on CNN to see who answered what to Iphone or blackberry? Is it possible blackberrys will be cool again like when Obama had one? I hear the answer already ..."no because they are all republicans and republicans aren't cool "
    06-15-11 08:49 PM
    This is a good news that organizations embrace PB.

but I like this piece from the article

"While Holland's convicted review seemed thorough, he overlooked several key features: being able to play flash, add and subtract memory, and more connectivity. Also, RIM has said updates for the PlayBook will be coming out shortly after release. "

This is certain to tick off CB users
    06-15-11 08:49 PM
    What does "add and subtract memory" refer to?
    chiefbroski likes this.
    06-15-11 08:55 PM
    "The ideal place for the PlayBook is the business market as it is a fantastic piece of kit, but it's just not suited to the younger market - which Apple's iPad is. BlackBerry doesn't have that 'cool factor' which the iPad does - it's not a trendy device, it just doesn't have the credentials."
    Look I get it and respect the different ways that other countries residents speak but I will probably never understand the way these words are being used.
    06-15-11 08:56 PM
    Was anyone watching the republican debate on CNN to see who answered what to Iphone or blackberry? Is it possible blackberrys will be cool again like when Obama had one? I hear the answer already ..."no because they are all republicans and republicans aren't cool "
    I don't think being endorsed by a 75 y/o Texan is going to make any brand cool.
    06-15-11 09:01 PM
    Why do I get the feeling that this will be the only time where getting the "Oprah blessing" will make no real impact on sales?
    06-15-11 09:06 PM
    If Oprah does the thing where she gives one to everyone in the audience it will take off no problem. If she just lightly mentions it, it might persuade a few (thousand) to consider and chose it over some competition. Only time will tell.
    06-15-11 09:14 PM
    If Oprah does the thing where she gives one to everyone in the audience it will take off no problem. If she just lightly mentions it, it might persuade a few (thousand) to consider and chose it over some competition. Only time will tell.
    Given that her last ever show was on the 25th May, I doubt it
    06-15-11 09:17 PM
    I don't think being endorsed by a 75 y/o Texan is going to make any brand cool.
    I predicted an answer like that from Texas bigots ...but let's not go there.
    Anyone from Texas here that wants to help me ... nevermind.
    06-15-11 09:17 PM
    Shows how much I pay attention to her...don't get me wrong the things she does are great, just not my cup of tea.
    06-15-11 09:21 PM
    What does "add and subtract memory" refer to?
    It's on the native calculator. It comes with M+ and M- keys. Seems most of the reviewers completely missed this.
    06-15-11 09:24 PM
    Exactly and the ratings for her network aren't doing too great. She just fired the CEO of her network a month ago. So, once again it's "too little, too late."
    06-15-11 09:42 PM
    i don't care about oprah.
    06-15-11 10:11 PM
    I predicted an answer like that from Texas bigots ...but let's not go there.
    Anyone from Texas here that wants to help me ... nevermind.
    Why is Texas getting trashed over that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-11 10:33 PM
    ugggg we got endorsed by the big O.... why the **** did it come to this. if in fact big O officially endorses us maybe well get some attention too by the big names. but why couldnt it stand on its own two feet rim? why!??!!

even though her show ended she wont disapear remember she Own's you.
    Last edited by drethos; 06-16-11 at 07:07 AM.
    06-16-11 07:05 AM
    ugggg we got endorsed by the big O.... why the **** did it come to this. if in fact big O officially endorses us maybe well get some attention too by the big names. but why couldnt it stand on its own two feet rim? why!??!!

even though her show ended she wont disapear remember she Own's you.
    Off topic................ that avatar of yours is ..........well lets say kind of gross and maybe makes it hard for people to take you seriously or that you're not a raving lunatic lol. But that's just me.

Have a good one.
    06-16-11 07:13 AM
    i don't care about oprah.
    +1. Don't ever watch her shows, and I have the OWN network but just checked it out once. Don't see what all the "oprah hype" is all about lol.

06-16-11 08:38 AM
    Oprah mentioning a book for her book club will cause people to go out and buy it and shoot it to the top.

The PB probably not so much. I figure the women who watch Oprah who will drop $500 on a tablet are soccer moms with an iPad already.
    06-16-11 08:54 AM
    +1. Don't ever watch her shows, and I have the OWN network but just checked it out once. Don't see what all the "oprah hype" is all about lol.

Sure, you checked it out just once......
    06-16-11 09:04 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD