Is there a direct way to view and save a .zip file sent by email? Specifically, I have used the 'Steps Recorder' in Windows (7 and 8 both have this) and attached the file to an email. I'd like to open and save to the Playbook but haven't any success.

Edit: just a reminder to anyone using the Steps Recorder -- if you're sending it to someone first preview it to make sure you don't include unrelated-to-the-issue screenshots.
    Last edited by snow_stipple; 07-13-14 at 01:25 PM.
    07-13-14 01:06 PM
    Snow Stipple, the king of PB tricks, I'm a little surprised. Anyhow, just open the email, then press and hold on the zip attachment and choose save. Then, you can open Ghost Commander, navigate to the zip file in your downloads folder, and click on it. Here, you can either open the files or just move the zipped files to another folder for opening.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-14 01:32 PM
    Pacoman03,

I'm trying Ghost Commander but so far it's just indicating no downloads? I'll play around with it a bit more.
    07-13-14 02:57 PM
    Have you tried the Uncompressor app in BlackBerry World? I think that does zip and rar files.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:52 AM
    pacoman03, got the Steps Recorder to download but when I tried to open it on Ghost Commander all I got was the text version. I was hoping to see the scrolling screenshots captured from my computer through Steps Recorder.

jamescurruthers, I haven't tried Uncompressor but might to see if it works if there's no other work-around.
    07-16-14 08:54 PM
    What format are the screenshots in? Ghost will allow you to view jpg files- tap the zip file to open it, then press and hold on a pic you want to see and then choose view. If that doesn't work, tap on the zip file in Ghost and extract the zipped pics by selecting any or all of the zipped pics and then move them to another folder. From here you should be able to view them if they're in a format that the PB supports.
    07-16-14 09:55 PM
    The file says mhtml and it compresses to zip as far as I understand. I've attached a video I found on YouTube to give an idea of the scrolling screenshots I've mentioned. I'd try and add one of my files sent directly from my computer but then it wouldn't have the explanation a good video does. Btw the video says Windows 8 at the beginning but 7 works also.

07-16-14 10:22 PM
    OK. It looks as if those files are only supported by a handful of desktop browsers- IE, Firefox, Opera, etc, and are not supported by the PB. I tried opening one with the PB browser, and it only opened it as a text file, as Ghost did for you. There does seem to be software that will allow you to convert the file to PDF, which you should be able to view on your PB. Converting an MHTML document to a PDF
    07-16-14 11:44 PM